New Ladonia [RP-Realism] / Looking for players interested in a 24 hour-cycle, slow-paced, realistic world!

Dansk_viking

New Ladonia [RP-Realism] / Looking for players interested in a 24 hour-cycle, slow-paced, realistic world!

Post by Dansk_viking » 17 Oct 2016, 18:57

Greetings traveller!

I'm currently considering putting up my server that has been down for quite a while now, and I want to see if there's any interest in a slow-paced, realistic server.

It has always annoyed me how fast farming and animal husbandry was, and with the introduction of seasons, I think it would be great with a server that did not see you sow one day and then have to harvest the next, rather crank that up to the maximum and make the farming cycle more than a week; likewise, you shouldn't be forced to be around to clean out the stable all the time, and your animals should not die off if you fail to go online for a day.

If this has any interest, please add me on Steam and tell me about your wishes, or write here.

Dansk_viking

Re: New Ladonia [RP-Realism] / Looking for players interested in a 24 hour-cycle, slow-paced, realistic world!

Post by Dansk_viking » 28 Oct 2016, 15:03

The server has been running again for more than eight days now.

It's time for the first, long awaited harvest - the sun is dispelling the morning fog before the work in the field starts:

Woops542
True Believer

Re: New Ladonia [RP-Realism] / Looking for players interested in a 24 hour-cycle, slow-paced, realistic world!

Post by Woops542 » 01 Nov 2016, 15:33

Hi,

I have been playing on your server for some day an have enjoyed the slow pace. After yesterdays patchupdate (I assume thats why server went down) i lost my charachter. Is there any schedual on when these things happens?

Mvh
Woops

Dansk_viking

Post by Dansk_viking » 03 Nov 2016, 21:07

Hey there!

I'm very sorry about that, but the update somehow corrupted parts of the database, and after a long time of troubleshooting (also with the developer support team trying to figure it out), I decided to roll back to the last full backup I had, which meant the loss of about 10 days' worth of progress.

The LiF server files are quite delicate and very complicated, so it's not impossible it might happen again: but the next time I will make sure to back up everything before anything is touched by the update (I felt confident that it would work this time, and only backed it up after updating the actual server files - before the server restart).

There is a Steam group where I post important announcements etc. so you can keep up to date with things concerning the server. Feel free to join it and/or add me on Steam.

One of the other users also asked, and he lost quite a bit of progress (though he took it very kindly), so I offered him some help if he wanted, especially with things that take time like the gathering of crops and animals for example. I'd offer you the same.

Dansk_viking

Post by Dansk_viking » 04 Dec 2016, 12:17

The update is online (and again it caused some issues, but nothing we couldn't handle!).

Winter has come, and judging by the patch notes, it should be a harsh one:
"Crops, trees and livestock growth now strictly depends on weather, which in turn depends on the season "

Anders_hjortboel

Post by Anders_hjortboel » 17 Feb 2017, 10:22

Hi, i'm considering returning to the LIF world, and i'm looking for a slowpaced RP server - how many people are online on yours regularly?
:)

Dansk_viking

Post by Dansk_viking » 23 Feb 2017, 23:03

Hey there.

It's been pretty quiet over the winter (which is also winter in-game, so less to do), but it's seen a recent influx of new people, so it might pick up.

You're more than welcome!

Dansk_viking

Post by Dansk_viking » 17 Jun 2017, 23:58

[From the Steam group announcement]

Due to an update to the server files that changed the forest maintenance script back to normal settings, all the old trees died (again).

I simply don't have time to restore it all manually currently, so the only other option was to roll back to before the update (first of June).

I've had doubts about keeping the server up for a while. I'm not playing the game myself currently and population is very low.

I could keep the server running, but it hardly feels worth it. Next year I'll lose access to the current server location, so that might mean that I can't continue to host after that anyway. In case anyone is interested and would like to find other host options for the server, I could provide the config, an exported database, and any other stuff you might need.

Please consider these things, and feel free to contact me directly.

Return to RP Servers