Ousting a pope.

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

SaresITA89
Alpha Tester

Ousting a pope.

Post by SaresITA89 » 26 Nov 2013, 11:02

Given that in game only one person can do the pope, I would like to understand how you can unseat him.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: Ousting a pope.

Post by Siegbert » 26 Nov 2013, 11:37

I seem to have missed the pope part...

So, LiF includes the Christian religion? Funny how few games go for that route since it's a fairly obvious thing to do in a realistic medieval roleplaying game.

edit:
another idea: I don't know how this piety system is supposed to work. But given that the game wants to reflect feudal society, it's not the most pious person who would get to be pope. The most pious person would be a hermit.
Popes and bishops in medieval times were feudal lords. Kings and emperors got their family members on the papal throne so they could cooperate. The high lords of Europe wouldn't have wanted the most pious person to be the one every Christian submits to.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 26 Nov 2013, 11:55

Siegbert wrote:another idea: I don't know how this piety system is supposed to work.

You don't know because you propably didn't watch Bobik's stream.

Bobik wrote:We had a lot of plans about pope system, crusades, holy wars and so on.

But right now it's gonna be limited to few abilities.

Well it's like prayers, "prayer of home returnal" that will be basicly recall and will bring you back to your home.

Blessings that you can cast on someone else, so he will like have lowered death penalty.

It will be usefull for battles, like you know in those movies, different popes and different bishops are going near their troops and bless everyone to survive the battle.

Oh, something like that will be in "Life is Feudal" because all of them
will be interested not to lose their skills during battle.

So that pretty much will be all for "Piety" at current state.

Dailato
Alpha Tester

Post by Dailato » 26 Nov 2013, 12:27

Why hello there.
There seems to have been a misunderstanding.
While there are currently no game-mechanics to support a "pope-system" as mentioned in the post above me.
There is definitely a pope

Yours truly -The Pope

John

Post by John » 27 Nov 2013, 19:34

If you can pretend it, why not? We don't need game mechanics to tell what we can pretend to be.

Return to General Discussion