[MMO] Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.

MookieMerkk

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by MookieMerkk » 25 Nov 2017, 07:36

This "patch" was a downgrade to the game.
Not only do you have to hunt animals down for hours... when you finally find one you have to have 30-40 pieces of food to give it, before it tames.
All while chasing it every other piece of food you give it.

So for about 45 minutes of work you get 1 animal. At the massive amount of 0.00453 exp

Are you kidding me?

Animal Lore broke the MMO

Most likely going to go back to the steam version where its even worth playing.

I don't feel like spending the next 6 months of my life taming over 3,000 boars just to be able to tame a horse.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 25 Nov 2017, 12:24

We will be looking into animal lore improvements. We agree that might have been a bit too harsh.

Nrichardson
True Believer

Post by Nrichardson » 25 Nov 2017, 12:47

Just want to say, I appreciate the efforts to continue to balance and improve the game. To assist with that effort I have to admit that Animal Lore seams extremely difficult to level now. Spent a wile collecting highest level apples that I could, than spent a long time looking for a tamable animal. With 49 HQ apples used all 60 of them on one animal and was not successful taming so didn't get a single point in animal lore. Guess I need to find a group that will let me in that has chicken coops, but I'd rather be a little more self sufficient. (main reason I like being a hunter). Thanks for your consideration!

Etanolo
True Believer

Post by Etanolo » 25 Nov 2017, 14:04

Arrakis wrote:We will be looking into animal lore improvements. We agree that might have been a bit too harsh.

It's not a bit too harsh. It's totally unbalanced and almost impossible to level up. To raise Animal lore it takes 10x the time you need to level up any other skill in the game.
You should also consider that who didn't abuse it in the few days before the patch is now totally stuck and can't progress as group.

I think you are really misunderstimating the damage done by this patch and the consequent reactions. Many groups that could accept to deal with lag and first days issues are not accepting to play with the current Animal lore skill system.
From your answers i feel like you know the issues, but don't consider it a true priority. Meanwhile dozens, if not hundreds, hunters stopped to play the game, waiting for a fix. My group and allies, for istance, played with lag, and even if you had to wait 2 hours to log in the game world because of server dispatc issues, but right now everybody is just not playing the game. Fixing Animal Lore should be your priority 1 issue to fix.

Rakiol

Post by Rakiol » 25 Nov 2017, 17:45

Lol and I wonder why I didn’t become any skill by trying to tame. I run for 5 hours to find a tamabele animale and then I become nothing. Big guild exploited and running around with horses and the smal people are the shit eaters. I was the hunter in our group and lagged far behind the others in skill. Good job really :beer:

Backtk
Beta Tester

Post by Backtk » 25 Nov 2017, 18:07

Hi,
Note 1:The new (old in reality) skilling of animal lore is too hard, if there are people with already 60 in this skill you must see the possibility to burst themeselves with premium account.
If you want "fix" the skill there are 2 solutions:
Any failed capture give less skill
OR
When you successfully tame an animal you can get 0,5 (and not 0,04).
In the same way also other jobs are +- simple to skill up, do you want fix everything?
Note 2: today i was running with my horse on a server's line and all freeze, i disconnected and after that the horse was disappear.
Note 3: while i was walking around the servers i've seen an horse with the owner's name on it but without the player and without the time of the release, what'that?

Regards,

BackTk

Dechowsky

Post by Dechowsky » 26 Nov 2017, 14:04

In my opinion this is another game-breaking patch - you are fixing small leak making it hole that is going to sink the ship... no ship, no problem, right?

Problem with Animal Lore was broken AI that was getting exploited (eg. boar/sow fed with mushrooms) and not the way you skill Animal Lore up. In my opinion you should consider giving less exp for failed attempt and much more for the succesful one.

This is the only skill that is not getting up with failed attempts, just look for hunting (fishing) you get the skill even with failed attempts to catch the fish...

For me and my guild this is another example of unbalance in the game - same was with the weapons skill in early game. Some guilds managed to skill up to 90 and now wrecking other guilds that level up weapons 20x slower. Same goes for the Animal Lore - if someone got their skill boosted (guild deposited 2000-3000 mushrooms for them and they used it on bugged pigs).

Stop messing with skills.

Jeboaa
Devoted Believer

Post by Jeboaa » 26 Nov 2017, 15:38

theres another issue (either appeared after this patch or i just realised) whenever you cross servers game wont allow you to do actions. such as when you try to open a box/dropped bag/your monument, game gives an error which says something like "you can not do any action with this object". after you disconnect and reconnect everything returns to normal

Backtk
Beta Tester

Post by Backtk » 27 Nov 2017, 18:07

Arrakis wrote:This change was intended, but after observing the situation, we agree that the current settings might be a little too harsh. We will look into it.

Thank you.
A good half-way can be reduce the grow of the skill if the tame isn't successfully or make all animals aggressive after 2 or 3 failed attemps.
I also noticed another thing, with less then 60 in Animal Lore we cannot clean the stables....i remember it was possible, is it an unexpected exception?

Return to News and Information