Playstyles?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Arrakis

Re: Playstyles?

Post by Arrakis » 23 Nov 2013, 10:51

John wrote:Hermits, or players playing alone, at least shouldn't have protected territory or we might run into the same problem minecraft servers running "protected territory plugins" tend to have, every meter you walk will be owned by a single person who might not even play anymore, resulting in a lot of abandoned buildings for miles until you reach the unprotected and thus ownable areas.

Buildings that are not maintained will decay in about 2 real life days, so you need not to worry about it. And personal claims will propably dissapear as well if players won't log in for some period of time.

Developers had thought of players who might stop playing and perfected that system to avoid mess on the map with abandoned buildings and claims, that will not stand.

So you need not to worry about it, you won't run into stuff like that in here ;)

theinternetman
Alpha Tester

Re: Playstyles?

Post by theinternetman » 24 Nov 2013, 19:27

From playing a lot of theme/sim/tycoon games combined with RTS/strategy games I'm all about town building and management. Making sure everything is organized and supplying the proper resources for my organization's objectives is where I have the most fun in Sandbox MMOs. In addition being a "runner" of sorts is always fun, delivering and looting goods while avoiding danger to bring back glorious booty to your encampment is always exciting.

Buildings that are not maintained will decay in about 2 real life days, so you need not to worry about it. And personal claims will propably dissapear as well if players won't log in for some period of time.

If you want a really good working example of this concept take a walk around Xsyon. Abandoned player settlements make for some really fun scavenging as you're never quite sure what you might find. Single players in Xsyon get a 25 meter plot and that seems to be perfect for the game's world scope. It's just enough to build a small homestead without taking up too much space.

Return to General Discussion