Please address the lag!

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Cian
Alpha Tester

Please address the lag!

Post by Cian » 20 Jan 2018, 01:34

Dev's,

I don't complain in public very often these days. The game is what it is. I accept that and I enjoy what I can out of it.

However, what I cannot really tolerate in an environment where it is supposed to be pvp game, is a bunch of server lag.

I mean seriously? I lags HORRIBLY during Judgement Hour. It lags less but still terribly the rest of the time during evenings.

It people an average of 30 seconds for their piety to increase after praying, items to appear and move....

Please look into the status of your server... this is unbearable.
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,
Gul Khan of House of Khans
Great Khan of the Tribal lands

HOUSE OF KHANS
http://www.houseofkhans.com

HOK DISCORD
https://discord.gg/NRB3DR3

BanditKing

Re: Please address the lag!

Post by BanditKing » 20 Jan 2018, 02:49

Having problems with lag on multiple levels.

Even on non prime time hours, I do stuff like nail down a road and it takes like 30 seconds to appear, placing object etc.

Many are getting frustrated with the lag situations, I'm hoping it is possible to resolve and not a result of too many structures built or something.

We are enjoying the game for what it is as well but many players are not as tolerant I can tell you for sure.
Revelation is recruiting | [NA] Buyan Server | Join us

Maximusnerdius2

Post by Maximusnerdius2 » 20 Jan 2018, 04:27

Only 30 seconds? Consider yourself lucky - I placed 8 archery targets and waited 5 minutes for just the signs to appear. This is getting ridiculous. I'm not one to complain often about EA games but please devs - just turn off JH completely until you fix the lag.

Hljdor_Scripi
True Believer

Post by Hljdor_Scripi » 20 Jan 2018, 06:03

I agree with posters above. There is clearly some kind of issue happening between input/output of data to the data library of each server. If this is happening on multiple servers then my first assumption is its a software coding problem. People have been running the XML library for YO on weak laptops, so what gives ? Its prime-time hours on a Friday and you have barely more than 300 players in the game, this is a clear sign that something is horribly wrong with the game.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 20 Jan 2018, 13:19

We are very sorry for lags and connectivity issues, but we'll need more info from you. Where are you experiencing these issues exactly? Which world and which srv number? And do these delays still persist?

Hljdor_Scripi
True Believer

Post by Hljdor_Scripi » 20 Jan 2018, 14:12

Server 18:

Dig a hole in tile: wait 30-60 seconds the hole to actually appear, but your client knows the hole is there because it stops allowing you to dig.

Lower ground level: wait 30-60 seconds for the ground level to actually change. (in which time your character bounces up and down because its sinking but the ground has not lowered)

Assemble 10 construction signs near a clay pit, add clay to all of the signs, begin hammering in the clay, all of the signs simultaneously disappear and never return.

This started happening the day before yesterday...you know, when that "optimization" patch was released. :(

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 20 Jan 2018, 14:14

Hljdor_Scripi, are you playing on NA Buyan? Because so far it seems that this world is suffering the most from these issues. Although we have recently restarted it and we're hoping that it helped resolve some of the issues.

Makiatn
Devoted Believer

Post by Makiatn » 20 Jan 2018, 15:56

just wanted to say: Restarting server is not an acceptable fix regarding server lags.

TheDR46

Post by TheDR46 » 20 Jan 2018, 17:03

on eu avalon i am close sure to know than the people are using a type of lag swich to atack, they come only 1 or 3 guys and when they start the atack and the lag start they are the only guys who still atack as they dont feel the lag.
U try to hit them and u get stucked with 0fps with a horrible lag, and suprise ur life goes down from 120 to 20 with no response of server?!??!? the game is going down and down and down soo fast, i bought 3 alters but i dont want to spend more here at the time,,, pvp unplayable 100% but pve with 1 guys making lag in 1 server... imposible

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 20 Jan 2018, 18:33

Seriously?

The lag is server side and it is ALL DAY LONG!

Pre-Judgement Hour - Actions, pick up, drop, pray, are all delayed by 30 seconds.

During and post JH- Even worse. Everything is delayed exponentially longer. People can't login, people can't move between server squares. Kill somone and it takes 2 minutes for their corpse to appear. Loot their body and all their crap disappeares from your inventory 10 minutes later and goes WTF knows where.

This is all Buyan. DAILY! Even during days when there is no JH the lag gets worse during the JH periods.

I mean seriously. How are you not tracking this?
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,

HOUSE OF KHANS

HOK DISCORD

Vadio

Post by Vadio » 20 Jan 2018, 18:42

Restart servers dont fix issues in any form , 30s after server is up again issues keep worse ever day.... for reals gm/dev play damm game and you know whats talk about it , and say again server 27 awalys first be down

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 20 Jan 2018, 19:23

Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,

HOUSE OF KHANS

HOK DISCORD

BanditKing

Post by BanditKing » 20 Jan 2018, 19:54

Cian wrote:Seriously?

The lag is server side and it is ALL DAY LONG!

Pre-Judgement Hour - Actions, pick up, drop, pray, are all delayed by 30 seconds.

During and post JH- Even worse. Everything is delayed exponentially longer. People can't login, people can't move between server squares. Kill somone and it takes 2 minutes for their corpse to appear. Loot their body and all their crap disappeares from your inventory 10 minutes later and goes WTF knows where.

This is all Buyan. DAILY! Even during days when there is no JH the lag gets worse during the JH periods.

I mean seriously. How are you not tracking this?

Sums it up good, delay on every action in game, sometimes short, sometimes very long. Funny stuff happening with this server.

My specific issues are Buyan 38 but seen it happen on all surrounding tiles as well.
Revelation is recruiting | [NA] Buyan Server | Join us

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 20 Jan 2018, 19:55

Cian wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJwyTsbdeyA&feature=youtu.be

Could you please provide a game log from the time of that lag recorded on video, please?

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 20 Jan 2018, 20:02

Not really but it was posted to my discord at 1:17 PM CST today so I assume it was taken somewhere between 1pm CST today and 1:15 CST
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,

HOUSE OF KHANS

HOK DISCORD

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 20 Jan 2018, 20:54

Cian wrote:Not really but it was posted to my discord at 1:17 PM CST today so I assume it was taken somewhere between 1pm CST today and 1:15 CST

We need logs since it looks like some issue with applying changes on the client side, not actual lags.

Hljdor_Scripi
True Believer

Post by Hljdor_Scripi » 20 Jan 2018, 21:09

yes I am on Buyan.

These problems seem like they could be attributed to an alteration of the buffer delay on input/output to the database which has resulted in extended transmission loops. Like such a buffer delay might be adjusted in an attempt to "optimize" the game...

And having things you just placed into the game world suddenly disappear- that seems like the server machine literally has defective RAM, which is terrifying.

T-hall
Devoted Believer

Post by T-hall » 21 Jan 2018, 07:01

Lag on Server 41 is at an all time high! U can not do anything without waiting 2 - 10 minutes for just the sign to come up to add the stuff too. Stuff goes missing all the time, sometimes your walking past your logs etc and Pfff Gone!

Yes this is BETA but really a monthly sub for a game in Beta that you can never get on to the servers nor play with out it being like your on a 56k modem back in the 1990's...

Fingers Crossed.

Roast

Post by Roast » 21 Jan 2018, 10:28

the lag started right after the last patch which advertised optimization.

whatever you did to "optimize" apparently had this side effect.

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 21 Jan 2018, 15:50

Arrakis wrote:
Cian wrote:Not really but it was posted to my discord at 1:17 PM CST today so I assume it was taken somewhere between 1pm CST today and 1:15 CST

We need logs since it looks like some issue with applying changes on the client side, not actual lags.

Dude, keep asking for fucking logs and see your game die . No one wants to take the time to help fix your freaking code - just admit it , this games code is messy and all the mechanics rub against each other with a friction that destroys your servers . On top of that , certain guilds know how to CREATE LAG for other guilds so that they can attack freely without worry . The lag is daily when there’s too many people , too many trees , or when someone starts exploiting to purposely lag a server down . Start to know your own game and you will see there are hundreds of holes in your code , and hundreds more player created issues due to your terribly balanced game .

Get real , go into your damn code and fix it up , stop letting people play this vapourware- we did NOT buy your own or the mmo to get a farming / lag simulator , we signed up for a feudal medieval life simulator - that INCLUDES lag free pvp , kingdom conflict , and being unsafe no matter where you are , what’s with all these ridiculius claim safezones created by your crappy claim mechanics?

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 21 Jan 2018, 15:55

Roast wrote:the lag started right after the last patch which advertised optimization.

whatever you did to "optimize" apparently had this side effect.

Nope . The lag was there all along , whenever pvp happened , whenever someone planted trees , whenever judgement hour happens - I experienced this unbearable lag as far back as December for the terrible judgement hour lag and all other lag I mentioned was felt as far back as the release day of open beta (before thanksgiving I believe). So maybe lag got WORSE with this patch you mention, but it definitely was NOT the start of the terrible game breaking lag .

Switchkin

Post by Switchkin » 22 Jan 2018, 19:34

Arrakis wrote:

This is not a client side issue.. It's your server code....
I'm a database admin and you have some serious queue issues. If you notice none of this lag comes when moving things between boxes, ie. moving board from your inventory to the warehouse or anything. Its when the terrain is somehow modified. Dropping a cart, terraforming, dropping items from your inventory, building things... all things that have to do with the terrain.

I'm getting so god damn tired of you guys asking for peoples logs, this is happening to the ENTIRE playerbase on NA Buyan. The fact that you guys have one of the shittiest hosts for your NA servers is also hilarious. this is an MMO, server stability is #1 priority guys.

OR..... you honestly just dont care about the NA playerbase, which seems to be the case more and more over the last few days.

Peegee77
True Believer

Post by Peegee77 » 22 Jan 2018, 20:57

Skjultland has almost the same population as Buyan as i write this (~1200 compared to ~1400) and it always runs smooth as silk.

Instead of blaming Bitbox for everything you need to look at player behaviour to account for some of this difference.

Just copied this from Discord, one of many comments:

ATM people are sabotaging servers to induce lag to keep their claims safe and to drive other players off, so that's definitely not helping matters
That's why Buyan is having such a hard time with JH lately
Forests of drying racks moved onto the server boundaries to screw with data transfer

Switchkin

Post by Switchkin » 22 Jan 2018, 21:35

Peegee77 wrote:Skjultland has almost the same population as Buyan as i write this (~1200 compared to ~1400) and it always runs smooth as silk.

Instead of blaming Bitbox for everything you need to look at player behaviour to account for some of this difference.

ATM people are sabotaging servers to induce lag to keep their claims safe and to drive other players off, so that's definitely not helping matters
Forests of drying racks moved onto the server boundaries to screw with data transfer

The lag has nothing to do with what the playerbase is doing, its either database issues, poor hosting or crappy net code. Thats it.

Skjultland is an EU server right? They have a much better host for their servers than the US host. The host that NA is using for its severs has a well know garbage track record. They just went cheap with the US hosting.

Peegee77
True Believer

Post by Peegee77 » 22 Jan 2018, 21:39

Switchkin wrote:
Peegee77 wrote:Skjultland has almost the same population as Buyan as i write this (~1200 compared to ~1400) and it always runs smooth as silk.

The lag has nothing to do with what the playerbase is doing, its either database issues, poor hosting or crappy server code. Thats it.

I don't know what planet you are on if you can't recognize the signs of lag induction and lag switching. Lag that only relates to certain individuals, certain guilds, and certain situations? Only affecting certain servers? Pull the other one please, its got bells on.

Dagorath

Post by Dagorath » 22 Jan 2018, 21:59

Same issue here, all server 22 in NA Buyan is experiencing this also.

Main issues are

1.- TIME OUT logins, you stay in the character selection screen trying to login over and over until the game eventually connects to the server.

2.- TERRAIN LAG, this is the lag people is talking about, the chat is not lagged, inventory transfer is not lagged (like taking stuff from barrels, etc), training combat skills is not lagged. BUT when you do anything related to the world/terrain, you face this weird delay.

If you lift an object and put it down, move a cart, chop a tree, kill an animal, remove a ground level or increase ground level, construct something, plant a tree, etc etc, all those actions take ages to complete, sometimes even minutes.

Switchkin

Post by Switchkin » 22 Jan 2018, 22:17

Dagorath wrote:Same issue here, all server 22 in NA Buyan is experiencing this also.

Main issues are

1.- TIME OUT logins, you stay in the character selection screen trying to login over and over until the game eventually connects to the server.

2.- TERRAIN LAG, this is the lag people is talking about, the chat is not lagged, inventory transfer is not lagged (like taking stuff from barrels, etc), training combat skills is not lagged. BUT when you do anything related to the world/terrain, you face this weird delay.

If you lift an object and put it down, move a cart, chop a tree, kill an animal, remove a ground level or increase ground level, construct something, plant a tree, etc etc, all those actions take ages to complete, sometimes even minutes.

Yup exactly, this is happening in server 14 as well, exactly how you explain it. I'm pretty sure its NA Buyan wide.

Amclaughlin01

Post by Amclaughlin01 » 22 Jan 2018, 23:06

What I don't understand is why they need us to keep sending them logs/pictures/information??? Why don't the devs just log on and see for themselves?? Are they on some hiatus or only work part time?? I can't believe they are not seeing the same things as the rest of us... And if they're not, have them login from home and see.

Or maybe you're just stalling for time, making it look like you are working on it to see how long you can string us along?? We keep sending the same stuff over and over, but you keep asking for it like it's the first time you're hearing about it. These aren't intermittent issues that come and go, but problems that are consistent all the time.

If I take my car to the mechanic with the engine light on. He doesn't just reset the computer, give it back to me and tell me it's fixed. Or, if the light comes back on, doesn't keep asking me to read the codes to him while he just keeps resetting the computer. He looks at the computer, figures out what is wrong and fixes it. It might take more than once to figure it out. I understand problems aren't always cut and dry. But come on, I feel like we are being treated like idiots, led down a dark tunnel blind and being told to keep walking you will eventually see the light only to find it's a dead end...

Sorry for the long rant, but I feel better now. Time for a beer :beer:

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 23 Jan 2018, 02:59

Amclaughlin01 wrote:What I don't understand is why they need us to keep sending them logs/pictures/information??? Why don't the devs just log on and see for themselves?? Are they on some hiatus or only work part time?? I can't believe they are not seeing the same things as the rest of us... And if they're not, have them login from home and see.

There are things logged on the server side, and there are things logged on the client side. Logs are not stored on your hard drive for decoration. We need to read the 'client perspective' in many - if not most - cases aside from perspective of server logs. We need to see what exactly is happening on the client side to pinpoint the source of the issue. Nagivating is always easier if you can see the landmarks ;)

Also, comparing hundreds of thousands of lines of code, variables etc with a car is... well, comparing hundreds of thousands of lines of code, variables etc with a car.

Amclaughlin01

Post by Amclaughlin01 » 23 Jan 2018, 04:40

So, none of the devs play the game? How do they test the game or their code without playing?

If they do play, which I would hope they do, then they should have the client side files on their local computers. Unless their computers are the servers?? ':'

Return to General Discussion