Please reconsider the EU only map

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

networkthug

Please reconsider the EU only map

Post by networkthug » 25 Jan 2019, 21:30

Like many, I was quite excited today when learning of all the changes coming in the new patch. The game is looking really great. Unfortunately, however, Bobik informed us on discord that the only map would be hosted in Germany, and that his pings were 100-150 from Cincinnati to Germany, so he didn't think it would be an issue.

As Epleland is also hosted in Germany, I decided to fire the game up and give it a try. I've always played on Telmun with generally good performance.

The experience was awful. I'm East of Chicago with a ping of about 160, FPS of 35 on Ultra Settings, and 95 or so on low settings. No packet drops at all, yet the video while riding a horse was stuttering significantly. I never had these issues on Telmun. I rode my horse up to a modest town and my video froze for 4-5 seconds.

Yes, I could probably terraform and farm without this being a huge issue, but I will absolutely not be able to travel long distances by horse, engage in PVP reliably, etc.

With that, I ask that you please reconsider making the only option a map hosted in Europe. Unfortunately, I feel this would drive away a lot of potential players, and I would hate to see that happen for such a great game.

Return to General Discussion