MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

Post by Khan- » 23 May 2017, 22:37

582. A part of the Lore is here, it's great, but how deep the lore will be found in the game ? More than already random events texts ? More than just an online website text ? (Red reapers natives are lore related then). Will titles change (like pope and cardinals) ?
  • Answer: Yes, we plan to implement some more ways how players can get into our lore while in the game. But that is not top priority ATM (unfortunately). But you will see more lore on newbie islands and once we will have natives implemented :wink:
583. You already answered about churches and the answer was "we don't really know, wait for the lore if it fits the game", then :
Will we get churches, cathedrals and other crazy stuff like this ? few gods of the imperial religion have temples :)
  • Answer: Maybe, but some time later :wink:
584. Why did't we test this new version of the homecoming prayer in the last CBT ?
Are you sure you want to Pray for Homecoming? The Gods will return you home along with everything you have equipped, but all items carried will be left behind.

• Answer: It was not ready back then.
585. What is your plan for the piety skill, tell us ! ;) :oops:
  • Answer: It is not finalized yet. But I still want to stick to the fuse of politics and religion. So major alliances should be able to somehow affect the cardinals/pope elections, while Pope will be able to affect a political life. For instance by the temporary excommunication of a certain guild/alliance that will allow everyone to kill its members without an alignment drop. And when I say "cardinal" and "pope" I mean only roles, not real titles of course. I'll have to ask our lore master how those titles should look like :)
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 27 May 2017, 21:59

586. With the dark nights staying (and hopefully the client side protection implemented before OBT to remove the "night vision") will you consider increasing the range of lighting objects? Floor lamps and lamp posts while expensive generate so much less light then a normal torch that it's hard to justify their cost and illuminate the town instead of everyone walking with a torch. The fact that floor lamps need to be turned on after each server restart doesn't help also. And of course the torch while bright and with the biggest lighting radius still doesn't feel no where near enough in the current dark nights.
  • Answer: Indeed, it can be considered. Though we expect that it will impact the performance.
587. Many players (mainly coming from YO RP servers with 5 pages of rules and all mighty GMs) complain a lot about the barkboxing and the future climbing + siege ladders. Can you confirm once and for all that building a single and cheap wall is not 100% protection and that penetrating walls (outside of JH) is a legit and intended game feature (more so with the climbing and ladders implemented)? After all there are always multiple layers of walls and terraforming to change the effort/gain ratio and discourage such actions and no harm can be done to the claim itself without JH.
  • Answer: Exactly! Yes, we DO confirm that cheap stone walls are NOT designed to provide 100% safety for those who are inside. Good walls are nothing without good defenders on them.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 29 May 2017, 09:10

588. Any idea about the crops can grow randomly in the wild for player to collect ?? it will be much more interesting instead of on hooking(seeds collecting)
  • Answer: It will be quite a good load on the servers and terraforming updates system. We considered it a long time ago but had to decline due to the performance issues.
丨Revenge丨Unity丨Brave丨Yeomanry |

Camil199197
Zealous Believer

Post by Camil199197 » 30 May 2017, 17:48

589. At the moment you can flat 4 field high differences with the pave mechanic. Will this be changed or will this stay this way? (Very important to know)
  • Answer: Nope, we plan to fix it.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 30 May 2017, 18:26

Saar wrote:395.On the MMO presentation page, you speak about the possibility to create underground cities.
For now it’s completely impossible but what have you planned? Full construction or partial (only door and others kind of objects)?
Will we see "dwarf" cities?
  • Answer: You can already place movable objects underground in LiF:YO and LiF: MMO. And yes, we have some distant plant to introduce underground doors, sections/modules.

Revisiting this old topic.

590. A while back changes were made to tunneling underground (back when collapsing and reinforcement was added), that has made creating a multi-height room underground impossible. All we can do is create a single block high tunnel. Is tunneling going to be reworked a bit to allow for greater height creations?
  • Answer: I think it has to be reported with more details. I'm personally not aware that our recent changes prevent players from building multi-height room.
591. There are only three stages to a tunnel, reinforced, not reinforced, and collapsed. Yet in the current system there is no way to determine whether the reinforcements are close to decaying, repairing them, or adding new reinforcements. Is there any chance before the next phase of testing to have a reinforced tunnel decay to un-reinforced, and then collapsed? This will give players a chance to re-enforce the tunnels before it collapses.
  • Answer: Erm, probing should give that info already. Please, report it if it doesn't.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

SirWinston
Alpha Tester

Post by SirWinston » 02 Jun 2017, 06:15

592. Are there any plans to change the way the world map works ? In the current state navigating the world is very easy and "casual", unlike the rest of the game. Everyone can immediatly tell where all the cities and villages are by simply glancing at the map and the world feels smaller because of it, especially when everyone will own horses it will be very quick to go from one settlement to another even if you never went there before.
  • Answer: We want to keep some basic things easy within our game. Navigation and political map are one of those things. That is why we want to keep map almost as it is (maybe we will blur it or make a bit less detailed). And yes, we plan to add tier2 and higher tier monuments on the political map too.
Spoiler

Styxwash
Zealous Believer

Post by Styxwash » 02 Jun 2017, 21:01

593. I asked for a buff to the pikes recently, the increased damage and changes to speed bonus is working out very well. Also goes along way to balance pikes vs. footsoldiers.

But I want to ask for more.
Instead of rooting a pikeman when he prepares an attack, only reduce his speed about as much as someone who is blocking with a shield. This would let a pikeman keep up with his shieldman in a formation.

Lancers can slow down to near minimum speed and basicly dance around a pike attack and then do full damage before even accelerating the horse again.

If the pike does hit, the "slow motion" lancer simply benefits from the new pike speed bonus mechanics. Negating most of the damage boost to pikes.

Combined with being a sitting duck vs. archers, this makes pikes very risky to use.

The result is that a pikeman becomes 100% reliant on a (tower & pavise) shieldman, which means you need to field 2 infantry men per 1 lancer.
  • Answer: We will consider it. It sounds quite reasonable.
594. On Shields/Pavise in formation with pikes.

The Tower Shield hitbox is very unreliable vs. projectiles, naptha bombs and even lancers.
Imo. unlock the Pavise Shield along with the Tower Shield
(and keep it so you can't sprint or shieldbash with Pavise ofc.)

I want to see Pavise/Tower and Pike formations become a truely worthwhile defensive tactic vs. agressive groups of many lancers and archers. This would add a whole new aspect to the game and it's easy to implement.
  • Answer: Good point. We'll think about it.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 03 Jun 2017, 10:19

595. Do you have stats about minigames ? Do people use them ? Is that satisfying from your side ?
  • Answer: Truth to be told, we don't have much stats on them. Anyway, we don't think they are fully ready yet too. They should be closer to the start of OBT.
596. Will you add more minigames, one per crafting skill ?
  • Answer: Depending on how popular they will be.
597. Will you bring steam achievement when you'll put the MMO on steam ? :D
  • Answer: Probably yes.
You were lucky enough to find a faster way to perform that action!

In the suggestions few months ago, someone proposed to set in stone this discovery because... hey... if you found a way to do this easier and faster, why the next one you cannot ? :(
you also could put this quicker by 1% and set a 20% max speed, and also being a steam achievement or anything else... :angel:
  • Answer: Well, that means that your luck will not be of any use after some time playing. We wanted to keep that random chance to happen occasionally and without any cumulative effects.

Brother

Post by Brother » 06 Jun 2017, 16:49

599. Any plans to have the instanced battles keep track of some player performance statistics? Like kills, deaths, damage done, wounds healed etc.? Would be so cool!
  • Answer: Indeed! That is one of the main reasons why we wanted them to be implemented.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 08 Jun 2017, 11:01

600. Will you give us the possibility to choose what bed we want to respawn on ?
  • Answer: Maybe later, when we implement a better house management system.
601. There is a mod that add doors inside buildings and can be claimed to set the whole room private... Will it be added to the game further ?
  • Answer: Once we finish the development of planned functions of the game, we might take a look on the player's suggestions/mods and will implement the most popular ones.

Midgards
True Believer

Post by Midgards » 10 Jun 2017, 11:24

602. Some building need many door to be built but wen you finish them the duilding have only 1 door, Are you going to change the recipe or you going to add doors like question 601 ?
  • Answer: Door modules are used for a building price balance, rather than a realistic representation of how many doors that building has.
603. In the previous Development News #55 you informed us that you will implant the carts in next OBT of LiF: MMO. Will the carts also be available on YO and When?
  • Answer: Carts are our local meme here in the studio. Because they're so awfully unpredictable during the development process. Hopefully, we will have them for the next CBT run or the following one. Chances are, that we might patch them into YO first and then to MMO. But we cannot provide any certain dates :(

Camil199197
Zealous Believer

Post by Camil199197 » 14 Jun 2017, 16:45

604. How do you want to change the unit and formations tree?
  • Answer: You will see :wink:
605. With a q90 arbalest with 90q bolt you can hit on half plate q80 with 50 piercing damage on head. Isnt it a bit too much?^^
  • Answer: I'd say it is just enough.

Jaikant
Zealous Believer

Post by Jaikant » 15 Jun 2017, 03:58

Sorry to join the discussion right now i'm not sure if it have been asked already but :

606. If i buy fews characters, will I be able to work with all of them on my individual differents personnals claims ? are the persmission for this account bound or can we allow someone to work on our personals claims ?
  • Answer: You can set up access rules to your personal claim in the same manner as a guild leader can set those up for a guild claim. So you can let certain characters to have certain rights on your personal claims.
small, small, sma...... BIG!

Jaikant
Zealous Believer

Post by Jaikant » 16 Jun 2017, 15:46

607. What will be the number of total animals on the MMO map ?
  • Answer: Not entirely sure about your question. Approx. the same amount per server node as in LiF:YO.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 17 Jun 2017, 15:14

608. Do you think possible to remove furnitures modeles inside warehouses ? It prevent players to put useful furnitures :(
  • Answer: It's not planned.

Adriankowaty
True Believer

Post by Adriankowaty » 18 Jun 2017, 12:30

609. Is there (meaning both a MMO CBT as well as postrelease version) a permadeath mode or not?
I don't ask because I'm a deathmacher or rules' violater, I'd just want to know (as poor fighter) if my character gets attacked and killed by somebody or an animal, have I to pay for a ticket for an another character?
  • Answer: There is no permadeath in MMO. You simply respawn and lose a certain amount of your skillpoints (depending on your alignment.

Yotoni
Zealous Believer

Post by Yotoni » 18 Jun 2017, 15:12

Camil199197 wrote:589. At the moment you can flat 4 field high differences with the pave mechanic. Will this be changed or will this stay this way? (Very important to know)
  • Answer: Nope, we plan to fix it.

610. Does that mean actual 4 field high differences structures will collapse when this is fixed or how will it be handled?
Will the 2 field high differences be the terraformed max height limit with any ground type?
  • Answer: They will stay. But it will be impossible to make new ones. In MMO we plan to have a wipe before OBT, so that should not be an issue. In LiF:YO servers, actually, admins could tweak that setting since our release in 2014. They can do it now if they think that 4 field high cells are legit. Or make a wipe of their server if they want to remove current one, or force claim owners to do it

BlazeTheStallion
True Believer

Post by BlazeTheStallion » 23 Jun 2017, 06:33

611. when is cbt 4 coming?
  • Answer: It's here.
612. why isn't there a non battlement piece for all walls for better junctions of walls? this would allow for better T and + joints. possibly a doored 3 or 4 way junction piece as well?
  • Answer: We will consider that.

Jaikant
Zealous Believer

Post by Jaikant » 25 Jun 2017, 17:43

613. So referring to question and answer n°607, you say it will be same as in YO per node, but the number per server change, so this will be 49 nodes (as in image linked below) * 100 animals for a total of 4900 animals on the whole map ? Or are the nodes bigger regions that i cant find back the map, with actual regions in YO that we can get rare materials from them ?

http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uplo ... ha_map.png

Pipolebeaubrun wrote:607. What will be the number of total animals on the MMO map ?
  • Answer: Not entirely sure about your question. Approx. the same amount per server node as in LiF:YO.

• Answer: Regions are bigger in MMO and take up to a couple of server nodes. A number of wild animals is variable.
614. So you want to change the weights capacity bonus from willpower in future, for less i suppose ? will the difference be important than now ? will the others bonus like intelligence that give extra skills points change too ?
  • Answer: Still no final decision.

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 25 Jun 2017, 21:49

615. Why decide to delete the 4 field high cells?
Even if this functionnaly was created by a bug, it's an interesting feature as you decide to lower clay max "altitude".

It's :
- realistic (the better way to reinforce a field is using stone wall/pavement)
- historic (Maya used reinforcement to build the Macchu Pichu for example)
- interesting in defensive point of view but it's requesting a lot more work
- a difficult but passable obstacle, as the wall (even without any siege weaponry.
- creating diversity in settlements (for now, all of the city look like the same and mountains just cannot be settled)
- will become less powerfull on defense with the "crouch mode" and siege weaponry.

Maybe can you organise a feodal democracy poll before decide to change it or, can you please, explain your reasons ?
  • Answer: There is no crouch-climbing yet and it is not right to make such impossible terrain just with the terraforming.

Kuhulin
True Believer

Post by Kuhulin » 26 Jun 2017, 15:35

616. Now for shooting from any crossbow it is enough to have 10 strength and 10 agility, and for archery is not mandatory agility. So conceived or in the future the attributes will affect the shooting?
  • Answer: Yup, we still plan to tune it.

Adriankowaty
True Believer

Post by Adriankowaty » 07 Jul 2017, 04:45

617. Maybe it was answered earlier, but which are the Newbie server's parameters?
I'm mostly asking about skill gain multipier and skill cap itself?
Am I allowed to be "jack of all trade" or have I to specialize?
  • Answer: Basically, the Newbie Island is a more gameplay restricted version of the main world. You will have a lower skillcap and there will be wipe every week. On the other hand, there will be tutorials and some introductive quests along with bright nights and PvP only in a designated area. You should consider a newbie island exactly as a newbie area, which limits your progression significantly, in exchange of tutoring, safety, and faster progression.

Geralt89

Post by Geralt89 » 11 Jul 2017, 16:41

Hello there. I‘m trying to find this information on the internet but it‘s still very unclear for me. Could you please explain to me if the owners of Your own will be able to play mmo without purchasing of account or buying a chacacter slot

Dalin
Beta Tester

Post by Dalin » 11 Jul 2017, 18:30

618. Do you plan a mecanic to delete inactif bands or orders ? I am a bit scared about the fact to browse +3000 of this groups on the guild browser.
  • Answer: Good point. We will think about it.
Traducteur FR - Gestionnaire du Wiki FR - Bijoutier des TdM

Hallegra
Beta Tester

Post by Hallegra » 12 Jul 2017, 17:50

Hallegra wrote:538. When can we expect swimming to be fully implemented?
  • Answer: Soon. Really ;) We have swimming patch ready and almost fully tested. Once we stabilize MMO - we're going to patch it in.
539. Currently, a character is able to swim indefinitely even while wearing full armour. What are the planned changes, if any, to this?
  • Answer: Armor weight should affect stamina drain.

619: This question was asked in May and a breath bar was added to the game recently, but players are still able to swim freely while wearing any kind of armour. When is this anounced change going to be implemented, as 2 months ago it was imminent but we have not yet seen anything?
  • Answer: We will tune it once we finish more important tasks.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 13 Jul 2017, 11:32

620. There are more and more solid/soil bridges in the MMO. It seems bridges, pontoon, harbours and ships are still planned but not yet.
Do you plan a solution against these solid bridges that will cause huge troubles when ships and all the stuff will be there ?
  • Answer: We will make the jump ability for our ships so they can jump over such bridges. :smiley: trollface.jpg
    On a serious note, I think that once we're going to have ships, everyone will use them and will make their own decisions about where to build such bridges or where to dig canals for ships. Anyway, if some guild will decide to block an important ships trading route in such a manner, then that guild will get a lot of troubles from other guilds :wink:

Yotoni
Zealous Believer

Post by Yotoni » 14 Jul 2017, 11:28

620. There are more and more solid/soil bridges in the MMO. It seems bridges, pontoon, harbours and ships are still planned but not yet.
Do you plan a solution against these solid bridges that will cause huge troubles when ships and all the stuff will be there ?
Answer: We will make the jump ability for our ships so they can jump over such bridges. :smiley: trollface.jpg
On a serious note, I think that once we're going to have ships, everyone will use them and will make their own decisions about where to build such bridges or where to dig canals for ships. Anyway, if some guild will decide to block an important ships trading route in such a manner, then that guild will get a lot of troubles from other guilds :wink:

621. by "dig canals for ships", do you mean it will be possible to dig under water? What is the intention on it and how does it work?
  • Answer: You're able to dig in the water as long as you're not floating/swimming. We plan that such depth should be enough for some basic small ships to navigate down such channels. Bigger ships will have to stay in deep waters.

Latrus
Devoted Believer

Post by Latrus » 16 Jul 2017, 17:40

622. In reference to the the following excerpt from Development News #60:
In other news, when the open beta starts, we are going to remove the ability to alter client program files by the players — this will solve the majority of issues surrounding fair play. All settings will be stored server-side and will be protected from client-side changes.

Can you please clarify your policy on client-side scripting for UI enhancement mods in MMO. Will we still have access to console and be able to load simple UI enhancement scripts per previously stated policy (question 97).
  • Answer: Currently, we plan to restrict all types of access to the script and console in the MMO. We might consider some individual mods to get an exclusion in such rule if they prove to be really useful and not crossing the "too much of an advantage" line.

Elindor
True Believer

Post by Elindor » 18 Jul 2017, 19:04

A couple questions about the battle system and how it works.
For starters though, I understand why you are doing instancing and have always planned to - both from a server performance stance and from a gameplay balancing stance. I think it is good that it takes multiple successful attacks to wipe someone out of a location.

QUESTIONS:

623 - You have talked about open field battles in which your town/castle is not present...are there going to be sieges as well where those things are present and you get the chance to defend them?

624 - Someone mentioned that you fight field battles until your monument is reduced to lvl 1 and then the next battle is a siege and then you defend your base, is that correct? If you lose that then is your monument removed and your base destroyed?

625 - Why not if someone attacks you, you get to defend your base against their attack instead of open field battle?

626 - In these open field battles, is the terrain basically the stock terrain of that server square? If so, how does the system decide who starts where? Seems like that could be problematic.

Just looking for some elaboration on how all this is going to work. Seems like a shame right now to have these cool medieval towns/defenses and not be able to use them when it counts.
  • Answer: We will be answering questions related to instanced battles after we implement them.

Elindor
True Believer

Post by Elindor » 18 Jul 2017, 20:44

So it sounds like what happens is this:

- Attacker declares war on Defender and an instanced field battle is scheduled
- They fight and if the Defender is defeated their monument is downgraded or just suffers damage
- If they lose enough of these open field battles their monument is degraded to lvl 1 and then the Attacker can initiate a siege mode on Defender's base and they (and all on server) can damage Defender's base as they please, this is open to all and lasts X amount of time, it is not scheduled.
- If their monument is destroyed they are done in that area and have to restart somewhere else.

So, questions / concerns, maybe you can answer:

627 - What happens if the Defender wins some of these instanced field battles? Does it stop the forward progress of the Attacker or no?
628 - What if the Defender's monument is ALREADY lvl 1 at the beginning, then do they not get to do instanced field battles at all? Does the Attacker get to go directly to open siege on their base? (along with the entire server)

CONCERNS:

The field battles sound fine, but it seems odd that the most important battle, defending your own base which you've spent tons of time on, is non instanced and non capped and open to everyone on the server (which is gonna be a shark fest disaster). Shouldn't ONLY the Attacking group be able to damage/loot? I hope this open siege period has a pretty short timeline that is in primetime.
  • Answer: We will be answering questions related to instanced battles after we implement them.

Return to General Discussion