Regrow grass???

Place for sharing your game modifications for Life is Feudal: Your Own

Klmscott12

Regrow grass???

Post by Klmscott12 » 13 Apr 2015, 04:24

Has anyone come up with a script to regrow grass on terraformed dirt?

Alakar
Beta Tester

Re: Regrow grass???

Post by Alakar » 14 Apr 2015, 00:43

Code: Select all
update `geo_patch` set `Substance` = 1 where `Substance` = 6;
update `geo_patch` set `Substance` = 7 where `Substance` = 8;

Run that query while the server is offline.

TheZar

Post by TheZar » 05 May 2015, 01:24

what about changing soil into fertile soil

Eslake

Post by Eslake » 11 May 2015, 11:32

[quote="Alakarsiann"]

Everyone should have this in their daily maint script, but I would Strongly suggest that you add a limit.

UPDATE geo_patch SET Substance=1 WHERE Substance=6 AND LevelFlags=0; --(fertile soil)
    UPDATE geo_patch SET Substance=7 WHERE Substance=8 AND LevelFlags=0; --(forest soil)
    UPDATE geo_patch SET Substance=9 WHERE Substance=10 AND LevelFlags=0; --(depleted soil)

Without limiting it to LevelFlags 0 you will eventually find some GeoData locations have become unusable.

They don't give a Terraforming message, they simply won't change or provide materials when you lower/level them, and the only action which will work there is Raise - which in some cases can only be done by double-clicking the material from inventory as clicking the land itself won't allow it.

Eslake

Post by Eslake » 11 May 2015, 12:17

TheZar wrote:what about changing soil into fertile soil

Farming 90, Fertilize.

But to do it from the database..
    UPDATE geo_patch SET Substance=6 WHERE (Substance=9 or Substance=10) AND LevelFlags=0;
Will convert all depleted soil in your world into farmland.
To simulate Actually having fertilized the soil.. you might try something more like..

UPDATE geo_patch SET Substance=6, Quality=LEAST(Quality+10), 96) WHERE (Substance=9 or Substance=10) AND LevelFlags=0;
(Changes all of the plain[depleted] soil in the world, flat and plowed, to rough[plowed] Fertile soil and adds 10 quality to it, with a maximum quality of 96 -- the limit to which you can fertilize in the game)

As with all operations from the database, however, none of this will change in the game itself unless you reboot the server.

I have been persistent in asking for a Responsive function on the server that allows Database actions to cause items to refresh into/out of the game (create, delete, change) while the server is running.
But so far, they only responded once, on Dev Vlog 2 where she said they would Look Into it AFTER the MMO is released.

I don't think they fathom just how vital a modding community can be for a game like this.. and without the ability to effect the live server, there won't be much of one.

HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Post by HolyCrusader » 13 May 2015, 16:25

Eslake wrote:

Farming 90, Fertilize.

UPDATE geo_patch SET Substance=6 WHERE (Substance=9 or Substance=10) AND LevelFlags=0;
To simulate Actually having fertilized the soil.. you might try something more like..

UPDATE geo_patch SET Substance=6, Quality=LEAST(Quality+10), 96) WHERE (Substance=9 or Substance=10) AND LevelFlags=0;
(Changes all of the plain[depleted] soil in the world, flat and plowed, to rough[plowed] Fertile soil and adds 10 quality to it, with a maximum quality of 96 -- the limit to which you can fertilize in the game)

As with all operations from the database, however, none of this will change in the game itself unless you reboot the server.

I have been persistent in asking for a Responsive function on the server that allows Database actions to cause items to refresh into/out of the game (create, delete, change) while the server is running.
But so far, they only responded once, on Dev Vlog 2 where she said they would Look Into it AFTER the MMO is released.

I don't think they fathom just how vital a modding community can be for a game like this.. and without the ability to effect the live server, there won't be much of one.

Is it possible to take this one step further and convert soil into, say clay, but add (a) conditional statement(s) that would basically define 8 points (x,y,z) that would contain a rectangle in which this soil would be converted to clay?

This way, more clay pits, granite, etc could be created around the map.

Perhaps you can build 4 buildings like Furnace and then Get the GEOID of the 4 furnaces to define the (x,y) portion of the 8 points, and then assign a Z parameter to make the clay pit 10 tiles deep or whatever & then do the conversion

Eslake

Post by Eslake » 18 May 2015, 17:36

Twiztedmike wrote:Is it possible to take this one step further and convert soil into, say clay, but add (a) conditional statement(s) that would basically define 8 points (x,y,z) that would contain a rectangle in which this soil would be converted to clay?

Perhaps you can build 4 buildings like Furnace and then Get the GEOID of the 4 furnaces to define the (x,y) portion of the 8 points, and then assign a Z parameter to make the clay pit 10 tiles deep or whatever & then do the conversion

Yes and no.
If you have already 'touched' each of the GeoID locations in that square in the game -- gathered mushrooms/berries/seeds or raised/lowered the land -- then you could add layers on top of what is there without any difficulties.

But you cannot change the content of the ground lower than it has been used.

Picture it like this..
The world map is a skin, 0.1 deep.
When you dig down in a spot, you Lower the skin in that spot.

When you raise the ground level, you are placing the materials on top of the skin -- all of those materials can be edited as you like.

But everything Lower than the skin cannot be changed because it just doesn't exist yet.
(okay, it does exist in an external set of files, but I wouldn't advise editing those)

HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Post by HolyCrusader » 18 May 2015, 18:50

Eslake wrote:

Farming 90, Fertilize.

It's a joke because people like you that create these mods and share them are a big reason why there are any servers that actually have people left in them right now. They definitely need to acknowledge your efforts & allow outside help.

HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Post by HolyCrusader » 18 May 2015, 18:55

Eslake wrote:
Twiztedmike wrote:Is it possible to take this one step further and convert soil into, say clay, but add (a) conditional statement(s) that would basically define 8 points (x,y,z) that would contain a rectangle in which this soil would be converted to clay?

Yes and no.
If you have already 'touched' each of the GeoID locations in that square in the game -- gathered mushrooms/berries/seeds or raised/lowered the land -- then you could add layers on top of what is there without any difficulties.

But you cannot change the content of the ground lower than it has been used.

Picture it like this..
The world map is a skin, 0.1 deep.
When you dig down in a spot, you Lower the skin in that spot.

When you raise the ground level, you are placing the materials on top of the skin -- all of those materials can be edited as you like.

But everything Lower than the skin cannot be changed because it just doesn't exist yet.
(okay, it does exist in an external set of files, but I wouldn't advise editing those)

But in many cases, you dig deep and sometimes the material underneath is different - for example: loose rock. Or, maybe you dig soil deep enough and you get rock

But yeah - I guess there is no practical way to create more "natural" (as opposed to infinity piles) occurrences of resources like clay and granite? Its a damn shame cause they only offer 1 map & the resource distribution is poor. It limits where people can build, especially if you want to play on a low multiplier server.

Eslake

Post by Eslake » 21 May 2015, 22:10

Twiztedmike wrote:But in many cases, you dig deep and sometimes the material underneath is different - for example: loose rock. Or, maybe you dig soil deep enough and you get rock

But yeah - I guess there is no practical way to create more "natural" (as opposed to infinity piles) occurrences of resources like clay and granite? Its a damn shame cause they only offer 1 map & the resource distribution is poor. It limits where people can build, especially if you want to play on a low multiplier server.

Yes, the material under the ground is stored in the same external map files.[/quote]

But once you dig it up, whatever you place there is stored in the game database.

You can make a procedure to crate the clay pits you want, you just need a way to get the Current altitude of each tile you want them in.
So if they haven't been used in the world you're running, you'll need to go in and gather or dig to set them in the database so you have those altitudes to work with.

After that, lowering and raising is fairly simple.
Get the current 'Version' for the TerID your tiles are in.

Increment it each time you dig..
adding lines to geo_patch
(Terid, `Version`, 1, 0, 1, GeoDataLocation, AnySubstance, 0, 60000, AnyQuality),
(TerID, `Version`(same one), 2, 0, 2, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULLL);
then increment the version and do it again, until it has dug as far down as you need.

Then just use the add part to fill it back up.
insert
(Terid, `Version`, 1, 0, 1, GeoDataLocation, 19, 0, 60000, QualityYouWant),

repeated(new version each line) until it is filled back to the starting altitude.

REMEMBER to update the terrain_blocks GeoVersion for this TerID when you're done, or that entire segment of the map won't load.

HouseHarkonnen

Post by HouseHarkonnen » 29 Jun 2015, 06:18

This mod destroys monuments placed on disturbed dirt. Any thoughts or help to prevent this?

HouseHarkonnen

Post by HouseHarkonnen » 09 Jul 2015, 05:05

This mod has stopped working after the last patch, does nothing for me.

TheZar

Post by TheZar » 21 Jul 2015, 03:44

Does not seem to grow the grass back anymore

Aircode

Post by Aircode » 29 Jul 2015, 02:52

tested it again tonight, still works for me!

NavyS34l

Post by NavyS34l » 29 Jul 2015, 04:03

So changing clay to grass...

So clay is 19 right? so you need to convert to fertile soil or depleted then to ferttile?

NavyS34l

Post by NavyS34l » 31 Jul 2015, 22:10

TheZar

Post by TheZar » 11 Aug 2015, 04:01

Aircode wrote:tested it again tonight, still works for me!

Only works for newly dug soil, not all of it

ShadowzWolfz

Post by ShadowzWolfz » 14 Sep 2015, 09:35

Eslake wrote:
Alakarsiann wrote:

Everyone should have this in their daily maint script, but I would Strongly suggest that you add a limit.

UPDATE geo_patch SET Substance=1 WHERE Substance=6 AND LevelFlags=0; --(fertile soil)
    UPDATE geo_patch SET Substance=7 WHERE Substance=8 AND LevelFlags=0; --(forest soil)
    UPDATE geo_patch SET Substance=9 WHERE Substance=10 AND LevelFlags=0; --(depleted soil)

Without limiting it to LevelFlags 0 you will eventually find some GeoData locations have become unusable.

They don't give a Terraforming message, they simply won't change or provide materials when you lower/level them, and the only action which will work there is Raise - which in some cases can only be done by double-clicking the material from inventory as clicking the land itself won't allow it.

How would one do this on a Blackboxserver?, I have tried to mess around with the file manager under the scripts file, and have also messed around under the config files button. But every time I restart the server I get nothing at all. And I really don't feel like having to deal with a third party bit like Hsql or any of that. Really by now they should have grass regrow itself from plots around it this late into the game. Devs really need to look into to hiring some help if they cant figure out simple stuff like making grass regrow from the surrounding titles. Sick of my village being 90% dirt because nothing will grow from the other 10% of the land.

Shaokar

Post by Shaokar » 14 Sep 2016, 15:15

Hello folks,

I wonder if this works these days or if the substance values changed?

I could use this and if anyone has any extra notes than what has been said here, it would be appreciated.

thanks in advance!

RetroLogi

Post by RetroLogi » 09 Dec 2016, 12:35

How can I turn an iron tile into rock or copper?

Thril

Post by Thril » 02 Jul 2017, 23:42

tested the querys, but they don't work.
any suggestions/alternatives?

Return to Game mods