CBT #4 is at your gates! (0.9.2.0) MMO

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.
Arrakis

CBT #4 is at your gates! (0.9.2.0) MMO

Post by Arrakis » 06 Jul 2017, 22:28

Life is Feudal: MMO

Hey everyone,

We’re glad to announce that we have just started our 4th testing run of our Closed Beta tests! Along with some bug fixes and improvements, we’re glad to also present to you one of the major features of our MMO - the Trading Post Economy!

Everyone can now build a Trade Post that acts as a private, secure storage for all characters on your account and as a point of trade with other players and The Crown.

You must keep in mind that, even though you can browse offers of all Trade Posts in the world, you will have to physically fetch coins and goods between Trade Posts. In order to remove the secure way to fetch goods/coins between Trade Posts, we’ve enabled the setting on the MMO servers, which will force you to drop all your inventory items on the ground before you get moved by a Homecoming Prayer.

Your Own servers admins will be able to enable or disable this setting in the server config, once we release a LiF:YO patch with this feature in the future.

You can buy and sell goods when you’re not in game too! Just visit your Dashboard (https://region-eu.lif.online/account/dashboard.php) on our site, select a character and browse the market!

We plan to switch all types of monument support to the Crown currency later on. So make sure that you accumulate a good amount of coins for your private or guild claim.

P.S. Battles are about 90% ready and are on the way! Expect these later in this wave.

P.P.S As part of the preparation for the multiple servers in different regions of the world, we’ve delegated character selection to the launcher, so it can patch the game world that is really needed for the character chosen. Make sure that you select the proper character in the launcher before playing the game.

Patch notes (ver. 0.9.2.0 MMO):

New features and tweaks:
  • Trade Post complex feature implemented
  • Implemented a server-side setting that allows to enable or disable all inventory items being dropped on the ground, when player uses Homecoming Prayer. This setting is ENABLED in MMO.
  • Implemented 30 second timer during the logoff process. During that 30 seconds your character will be in game (even if you’ve closed your game or shut off the PC).
  • Ability "Gloomelindhe" - you can now type /suicide (or drag the appropriate icon from General Action skills to your hotbar) to kill yourself in some situations. The ability will take 10 seconds to cast and can be interrupted
  • Camera positions tweaked for different player states. In some cases 'hold to rotate camera' key may need rebinding in control settings.
  • Skinning of an animal carcass will drop all skinned results into your inventory and will remove the carcass from the world
  • You will see an oxygen bar, while under water. Drowning will be more visible and easy to understand now
  • You can now place all tamed animals into carts and warehouses. Tweaked stables’ container sizes and animals food consumption ratio. Stable tick increased to 3 hours
  • "Sow Flax" ability now requires 30 skill level
  • You can erect a monument on paved tiles now
  • You can now eat preparations while mounted
  • “Slow” effect can now be removed by an “Arghh!” ability
  • Optimized server to database communication
  • Slightly optimized netcode
  • You can no longer add fuel to the damaged devices
  • Claims radius shown in tiles now (1 tile side = 2 meters)
  • Added a new Bitbox logo intro
  • Armor textures slightly tweaked and renewed
  • Trebuchet now has lower projectile starting velocity. Inadequate siege projectile behavior also fixed.
  • Grossmesser damage reduced
  • Siege tent decay speed has been reduced
  • New, improved Inspect ability
  • Ability to prospect silver ore is now available from 0 skill lvl. Prospect for gold available from 60 skill lvl.
  • Guild claims rendering distance is lowered
  • Guild and private land maintenance price decreased
  • Tweaked trees growing algorithm. Trees that are planted by players will grow faster now.
  • Added new visuals for Newbie island weather
  • Added a lot of models, textures and other visuals for the newbie island
  • Few building recipes levels and ingredients reworked

Bug fixes:
  • Multiple MMO infrastructure and services fixes. We expect an increased overall stability of things.
  • Fixed improper inventory weight calculation after crossing the border between nodes
  • Optimized collision models of some objects. This should boost servers performance slightly.
  • Fixed an exploit bug making some players invulnerable

— The team

Ben.barnes
Zealous Believer

Re: CBT #4 is at your gates! (0.9.2.0) MMO

Post by Ben.barnes » 07 Jul 2017, 03:53

I have a Zealous Believer account and I cannot login. I am logging in via Facebook and it just takes me to a beta webpage.

What gives?

Maxiavola

Post by Maxiavola » 07 Jul 2017, 04:19

same issue here i log but when the cinematics go of pop up a sign saying CONNECTION ERROR USER NAME IS NOT ACTIVE but i bought the game

Ben.barnes
Zealous Believer

Post by Ben.barnes » 07 Jul 2017, 04:28

I have linked my steam account as well, and no joy. I dont even make it to cinematics.

Maxiavola

Post by Maxiavola » 07 Jul 2017, 04:39

are u set the password?
i actualized the game and click PLAY but when the cinematics go off ill been disconected becouse they say i dont activate my id

Humerox

Post by Humerox » 07 Jul 2017, 05:30

Server keeps crashing, it seems. I also can't interact with anything on Abella.

EDIT:

Got out of the main fortress and stopped crashing. Huge world, but sparse atm. I figure they'll fill in with animals and whatnot later. Saw a big keep burning just west of the main town...hope they don't keep letting birch boxes and sleeping bags stack up to get over walls. That's insane.
Last edited by Humerox on 07 Jul 2017, 07:10, edited 1 time in total.

Drondont
Zealous Believer

Post by Drondont » 07 Jul 2017, 05:49

we crashed(drop to char selection) for couple times just coz of nothing. Most crashes when we reached barrel or chest

Maverell
Devoted Believer

Post by Maverell » 07 Jul 2017, 06:07

I had the account not active error logging in, changing my password with the account fixed it . I have no idea why.

Xzg0
True Believer

Post by Xzg0 » 07 Jul 2017, 06:28

DOSTĘPNE W JĘZYKU POLSKIM TUTAJ:
https://lifeisfeudal.pl/patch-v0-9-2-0-lif-mmo/
XENO TAVERN
TS: ts3.xenotavern.com
http://youtube.com/xenotavern
http://facebook.com/XenoTavern
Zapraszamy umiłowanych w PvP i coop.

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 07 Jul 2017, 09:37

Arrakis wrote:Life is Feudal: MMO

Hey everyone,

P.S. Battles are about 90% ready and are on the way! Expect these later in this wave.

— The team

for now game is unplayable cz the WAR is pointless.
now you cant destroy enemy's base.
thats the thing to do first = total rework personal claims, or just remove it at all.
or the game can die =(((
pers claims is the worst thing now....
The instance battles.....anyways after serie on inst battles where anounced the battle for base - and it cant be done with pers claims
so all that things are useless =((((

tell us plzz - what is going to be done with it? :angel:
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 07 Jul 2017, 11:39

Traduction française disponible sur vonCulm.fr

Nimh
True Believer

Post by Nimh » 07 Jul 2017, 17:05

Only have the option to choose Newbie world when creating a new character. I can see Abella in my dashboard, but can't select the world during character creation. Any idea how to fix that?

Nimh
True Believer

Post by Nimh » 07 Jul 2017, 17:16

Looks like you have to run to a tree and then sail to Abella, this doesn't seem to be explained anywhere, but if anybody is stuck here's a post about it: bug-transferring-from-newbie-island-to-abella-t23768/page10/?hilit=newbie%20world

Tolgatem
True Believer

Post by Tolgatem » 07 Jul 2017, 17:30

Maxiavola wrote:are u set the password?
I actualized the game and click PLAY but when the cinematics go off ill been disconnected because they say I don't activate my id

I had the same at first. Click on "change player" and choose one of the characters you've played before (if u have one). Later it worked for me well. I don't know how, if you are new and would like to create a new char.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 07 Jul 2017, 18:04

Maxiavola wrote:are u set the password?
i actualized the game and click PLAY but when the cinematics go off ill been disconected becouse they say i dont activate my id

Well you don't have tester or believer status. Did you actually purchase a supporter pack?

Kylevest45

Post by Kylevest45 » 08 Jul 2017, 07:00

I have verified my account and ownership, downloaded the beta, but when i go to join a server it shows no servers, is there a direct connection i need to do? please help.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 08 Jul 2017, 10:43

Kylevest45 wrote:I have verified my account and ownership, downloaded the beta, but when i go to join a server it shows no servers, is there a direct connection i need to do? please help.

As YO owner you will be able to participate in Wave #2, and we are not there yet ;)

Bloodfacevg
True Believer

Post by Bloodfacevg » 08 Jul 2017, 10:55

How many time need to connect to main land? I trying to connect to Abella 2nd day and it keep showing me "initializing" and nothing more ( i waiting for 20-25min and nothing happening, newbie world and main world for me is on, 1 character in main world).

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 08 Jul 2017, 11:39

Everyone experiencing the infinite initialization try following things:

1. Select your character in the launcher, and then select the same character ingame
    2. If that does not work - exit game and select launcher - options - repair
    3. If that does not work - remove game directory, reload launcher and perform fresh installation
*For new characters - If you can't enter the game, just relog from the launcher.

Bloodfacevg
True Believer

Post by Bloodfacevg » 08 Jul 2017, 12:50

thx, thats helped :)

T_BAGS_R_YUMMY
Zealous Believer

Post by T_BAGS_R_YUMMY » 08 Jul 2017, 13:50

Arrakis wrote:Everyone experiencing the infinite initialization try following things:

1. Select your character in the launcher, and then select the same character ingame
    2. If that does not work - exit game and select launcher - options - repair
    3. If that does not work - remove game directory, reload launcher and perform fresh installation
*For new characters - If you can't enter the game, just relog from the launcher.

Can you please explain ""remove game directory"? Do you mean delete the entire directory from my pc?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 08 Jul 2017, 14:15

T_BAGS_R_YUMMY wrote: Can you please explain ""remove game directory"? Do you mean delete the entire directory from my pc?

Yup. Obviosuly :crazy:

Deantwo
Alpha Tester

Post by Deantwo » 08 Jul 2017, 22:45

Arrakis wrote:
  • Implemented a server-side setting that allows to enable or disable all inventory items being dropped on the ground, when player uses Homecoming Prayer. This setting is ENABLED in MMO.

I would say that this is an awesome change because it makes the world feel big again.
BUT you now made it much much harder to train the Piety skill, so unlocking the Praise God skill is pure hell if you aren't a naked hobo...

Can we please just remove the Praise God skill?
Praying at some kind of church building would be a much more interesting way to increase your alignment. Allow us to pray at one church per city.

This would mean that visiting other cities will allow you to increase your alignment faster. Thereby giving more reason to have good neighbor relations for other things than trade and protection. Which might even cause players to go on long pilgrimages in order to visit as many churches as they can.

If you are a evil player, your neighbors won't let you visit their churches, so your alignment won't increase as fast. This seems fair and leaves more of the judgement in the hands of players.

However, an exploit I can see happen would be players making multiple cities close to each other in order to have more churches.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Deantwo on 09 Jul 2017, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.
The Foxtail empire successfully defended against the evil space ponies!
Read all about it: Second Invasion of Rævehjerte Repelled

- Shores of Hazeron

Quinine331
Devoted Believer

Post by Quinine331 » 09 Jul 2017, 12:36

I for one am okay with being an often naked pilgrim. God will provide for his own :angel:

Byroneastridge
Zealous Believer

Post by Byroneastridge » 09 Jul 2017, 20:22

Not seeing an option to create on Abella

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 09 Jul 2017, 22:50

Byroneastridge wrote:Not seeing an option to create on Abella

You can't. You need to create character on newbie island, then go to ferryman and sail to Abella from there.

Return to News and Information