Continuing Development?

General discussion about Life is Feudal: Forest Village

Justinisfoster

Continuing Development?

Post by Justinisfoster » 11 Jul 2017, 14:34

I've been playing for several days now, probably about 20 hours game time. I've got a pop of about 150 and growing.

My question is: Is there a timetable or schedule that the devs are trying to keep with in regards to completing the functionality of the Keep, Accounting building, etc. Also, are other features still being added? I can't seem to find a 'Road Map' for development past the time they released the game, just patches and fixes.

I am really enjoying the game and will continue playing. Any response would be awesome. Thanks guys and congrats so far!

Saar
Zealous Believer

Re: Continuing Development?

Post by Saar » 11 Jul 2017, 14:59

Hi,
Yep they continue to developp the game. For the moment they are focus on the MMO launch so YO suffer from less patchs than usual.

But as YO and MMO are 90% the same, majors updates will come over the time.
No official feature roadmap at the moment.
They roadmap only concern the MMO with the begin of open beta and the requested features (instanced battle, trading post, cart drive by horses, etc..)

Justinisfoster

Post by Justinisfoster » 11 Jul 2017, 15:04

Saar wrote:Hi,
Yep they continue to developp the game. For the moment they are focus on the MMO launch so YO suffer from less patchs than usual.

But as YO and MMO are 90% the same, majors updates will come over the time.
No official feature roadmap at the moment.
They roadmap only concern the MMO with the begin of open beta and the requested features (instanced battle, trading post, cart drive by horses, etc..)

I was posting in regards to Forest Village, not YO. I guess the same applies to Forest Village as well?

Justinisfoster

Post by Justinisfoster » 11 Jul 2017, 15:59

Saying they halted the finishing and polishing of a game with several current flaws, because they are supporting another game, is not a good explanation either by the way. I didn't buy the MMO, I purchased Forest Village. It isn't a finished game and support should not suffer due to them juggling multiple pipelines...I paid for a complete game.

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 11 Jul 2017, 16:08

Life is Feudal: Your Own and Life is Feudal:MMO are developed by Bitbox.

Life is Feudal: Forest Village is developed by Mindillusion.

Bitbox is only the publisher for Life is Feudal: Forest Village. The above statements are incorrect.

The devs at Mindillusion are busy developing announced content and also continue to work on performance and bug fixes as well.

Justinisfoster

Post by Justinisfoster » 11 Jul 2017, 16:16

Saxxon wrote:Life is Feudal: Your Own and Life is Feudal:MMO are developed by Bitbox.

Life is Feudal: Forest Village is developed by Mindillusion.

Bitbox is only the publisher for Life is Feudal: Forest Village. The above statements are incorrect.

The devs at Mindillusion are busy developing announced content and also continue to work on performance and bug fixes as well.

I appreciate the clarification, thank you. If a timetable or schedule were available with even general ideas as to when content will appear etc., that would help ease peoples minds. Like I said in my first post, I love the game but I'm getting to a stale point. I think the reviews would improve on Steam, too, if this kind of information was readily available.

Thanks again

Elhazout

Post by Elhazout » 12 Jul 2017, 16:03

After ~85+ hours of playtime i can say that this game is nothing more than a pretty facade as of now. I looks more like side product of Life is Feudal MMO / YO. Can this game call itself full release? Ofc not, its early beta at best.

But we need to talk about something else, if we tag this game as a sandbox city builder with first person mode and unlimited modding potential. This game is more than ready to fulfill all your dreams. Base core is done really well, minus few minor things. Its game for people who love to tinker with various setups, configs and other scripts. Something similar to Factorio freedom to mod whatever you want to make game better. Worth every penny.

But if we tag this game as survival city builder/colony like Banished, RimWorld, Oxygen not included and so on. Life is Feudal: Forest Village is broken unfinished mess that pretends everything is ok, but fails at everything you can imagine.

Some examples:

1) Current exchange rates not only makes everything worthless but also brakes the whole survival gameplay (Some items gives you infinite value just letting you trade rare and expensive items into raw material and double or triple your items in seconds, other items are so cheap its not even worth making them like 1 vegetable pie cost 2 vegetables and so on). Ofc you could say use mods to solve this problem but that's just laziness from developer side. I should use mods to add something or make game easier or harder but not fix base game.

2) Food consumption. Game have set amount of calories your people demand but game rounds everything in such odd way that some food items become better due to this and idea of choice goes to bin and whole concept of balanced diet / calorie system become pointless. Like whats the point to bake pies if your people consume more food calorie wise? And no matter what pie you will offer they gonna eat just 1 and go back to work.

3) In game statistics. None. How can a game call itself a city builder, survival or management game if it does not have even basic tools to check how your colony needs and productivity over time. Its first thing you would do creating this type of game.

As a base game it goes back into played and forgotten library soon.
As you very own sandbox game its 8/10, as survival city/colony building game its 1/10, tried once and done with it kinda game.

Return to General Discussion