THANKS

General discussion about Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Nagawarlord

THANKS

Post by Nagawarlord » 01 Oct 2017, 02:37

for not telling us about the new claim and guild system for YO>

screwed up everything and now we can't even figure it out.
no instructions.... no help...

PLEASE have a guild option for YO, months of hard work and now we cant even interact...

Pesco
True Believer

Re: THANKS

Post by Pesco » 01 Oct 2017, 02:58

Have the guild leaders do the following:

1. Open up the console (ctrl-tilde - button above left tab)
2. Paste this and hit enter: /claimrule yo role 7 11110

This will restore so new guild members will have permissions like they did before.

If you want to read more, read the patch notes and the steam page they link there:

lif-your-own-version-1-3-4-5-t24421/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/290080/di ... 621379541/

Alakar
Beta Tester

Post by Alakar » 01 Oct 2017, 05:16

Nagawarlord wrote:for not telling us about the new claim and guild system for YO>

PLEASE have a guild option for YO, months of hard work and now we cant even interact...

Except they did and linked to it in the patch notes. RTFM

Pesco
True Believer

Post by Pesco » 01 Oct 2017, 08:23

Alakar, it's not customary for a finished game to release a patch like this that requires its users to go into console mode to do things that should be entirely possible through the guild UI.

Pushing out a patch and linking to a page with system commands isn't 2017. This isn't a DOS game. There shouldn't be a technical manual. And it's things like this that keep this game from being more popular.

I love LiF, but I'm not going to pretend that the way of doing things is normal. So in the meantime, I'm going to be very patient with players who ask questions and voice frustration like this.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 01 Oct 2017, 11:58

Nagawarlord wrote:for not telling us about the new claim and guild system for YO>

Pesco wrote:Alakar, it's not customary for a finished game to release a patch like this that requires its users to go into console mode to do things that should be entirely possible through the guild UI.

Pushing out a patch and linking to a page with system commands isn't 2017. This isn't a DOS game. There shouldn't be a technical manual. And it's things like this that keep this game from being more popular.

I love LiF, but I'm not going to pretend that the way of doing things is normal. So in the meantime, I'm going to be very patient with players who ask questions and voice frustration like this.
We actually haven't even planned such advanced guild system to be implemented in the YO in the first place. It's not perfect, but it's there and we thought people would rather enjoy having so many options available to them now.

Nagawarlord

Post by Nagawarlord » 01 Oct 2017, 20:43

Well be as it may, it should optional by the server owner. Like horses... a box to click that says no... I don't want the new system.....
Did anyone bother to ask the people that paid for the game or pay for servers?

Return to General Discussion