With the MMO Beta starting, how will development work?

General discussion about Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Darlgon

With the MMO Beta starting, how will development work?

Post by Darlgon » 13 Nov 2017, 06:03

Will the MMO drive what happens in development for YO?
Will private server admins be able to filter out changes designed for the MMO crowd?
Will the developers stop development of YO and solely develop the MMO?
Will the YO servers be a testing ground for the changes to the MMO?
Will the loading screens that talk about non-existant clay roads, apparently from 2014, be filtered out, ever?
Why does the search engine think "development" is two words and scolds me for typing it in?
Why do the forums allow me to post in Microsoft Edge, but fails in Chrome browser?

Arrakis

Re: With the MMO Beta starting, how will development work?

Post by Arrakis » 14 Nov 2017, 01:48

The development will continue, of course. Since YO and MMO share most of the code, many features implemented in the MMO will find their way to YO. There will still be patches including combat tweaks, performance tweaks etc. Not sure what do you mean by filtering changes, but we provide the ability to configure nearly every option on YO servers.

As for microsoft edge vs chrome and search engine issue, I'm not sure what may be wrong, but if I find out, I'll let you know.

Darlgon

Post by Darlgon » 15 Nov 2017, 12:46

Sigh.. Hitting reply takes me out of the forums to the home page of the site, not to a login page, all day yesterday. Oh well, here now.

Thanks for the answer. Sorry for slow reply. I was trying to clarify if patches for the MMO would also apply to YO servers. Say, you develop pig drawn small carts with wings, for the MMO, because MMO players ask for it. Will that trickle down to the YO servers? What if YO players asked for it, and MMO players thought it was not needed fluff? Would it not be developed? Which group is going to drive what gets developed from this point forward?

Also if a YO server admin did not like that content, can they disable it?

Additionally, is the YO code just, basically the MMO code, with some code switches turned off? Or is an entirely different build, that YO players can expect to have decaying interest development in, and a different development branch, as the MMO players keep funding the MMO, through subs and cash shop, but YO is a onetime buy.

Sorry, I know.. kinda a weird, deep set of questions for forumites.

Edit to add. I guess my main question. Do the deveoopers view the MMO and YO as seperate games, or as one game, with two different playstyles. Sorry.. trying to clarify my questinos as I think.

Tinblue

Post by Tinblue » 10 Dec 2017, 14:16

Arrakis wrote:The development will continue, of course. Since YO and MMO share most of the code, many features implemented in the MMO will find their way to YO. There will still be patches including combat tweaks, performance tweaks etc. Not sure what do you mean by filtering changes, but we provide the ability to configure nearly every option on YO servers.

As for microsoft edge vs chrome and search engine issue, I'm not sure what may be wrong, but if I find out, I'll let you know.

That's nice to hear. So does that mean some of the quality of life and other UI improvements I have seen in MMO will eventually appear in YO?

Return to General Discussion