[NA Server] Fairplay Agreement

All discussions relevant to Guilds go here!
Krevente
Alpha Tester

[NA Server] Fairplay Agreement

Post by Krevente » 12 Nov 2017, 19:59

All,

As has been discussed in several meetings, here is a basic Fairplay Agreement that groups, solo players and alliances can sign to support. There is no council or committee to play cop and enforce this or to call out those who truly don't follow it, but it does serve as a way for those who want to commit to a fair server environment to make it known.

Include the following info if you wish to commit:

Solo/Guild/Alliance
Role: Guild Leader, Alliance Diplomat, Solo Player
Preferred Contact Info: Discord server, TS3, PM on Forums, etc.
Include username if on Discord/TS3

I (We) agree to the principles of fair play which consist of the following:

1. Self-police the use of hacks, exploits, cheats, etc. and will report them to the developers in order to provide more secure and fair gameplay.

2. Avoid global nut cupping alliances that promote stagnant PvP and only create risk to small guilds and solo players.

3. Keep reports of hacking, exploits, cheats, etc. to their official channels to include GM reports, bug reports, etc. Drama llama threads accusing guilds of hacking and exploiting without going to the GMs don't help the devs get to the bottom of the matter. Allow the devs to do their job and let everyone focus on the game.

These three key elements are pretty simple and straight forward. They are self-policed and don't require an oversight committee to manage lists of good and bad players. The point is to constantly communicate fair play as our shared goal and we all know there will be times when people cheat and exploit, but we're not the server police and there are groups out there that will assist the devs in gathering data to improve the game even beyond beta testing.

This thread also serves to help encourage others who might be considering the game to see that while it might not be everyone, there are groups that are dedicated to creating a positive community in a competitive sandbox MMO.

Cian
Alpha Tester

Re: [NA Server] Fairplay Agreement

Post by Cian » 12 Nov 2017, 20:27

House of Khans signs this agreement to help enforce a positive and competitive community for Life is Feudal's NA server.

discord user: Cian (Khans)#9417
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,
Gul Khan of House of Khans
Great Khan of the Tribal lands

HOUSE OF KHANS
http://www.houseofkhans.com

HOK DISCORD
https://discord.gg/NRB3DR3

Wortnes
Zealous Believer

Post by Wortnes » 13 Nov 2017, 16:10

I regret not being able to make it to the summit. Unfortunately I could not attend, but I did had a proposition in mind, one that I intend to suggest here as an amendment to the fair play agreement.

Life is Feudal is a unique game. It is a niche game, and a realization for most of us that have been waiting on it to be release for more than 3 years. And in order to make the game last, I believe that we, players must commit ourselves to the cause. And there is but one factor that will determine the success or demise of our dear game.

The community.

As we all know, some games are defined by their very community, and life is feudal is one of those. If we want to see it succeed and bear fruit, we need to, as a community, help it.

So I sugest an amendment to refrain from Abusive behavior towards the community, not only in a fair play sense, but also in a toxic free sense. It is imperative that the community commit it self in protecting the enviroment from griefing, bullying and prejudice, under the pennance of being known as a bad community game, as some other games are already.

So my amendment would be as follow

"4. Refrain and counter any and every manifest or behaviour that would jeopardize the ability of other players, groups or individuals to be able to play and have fun with the product they have purchased."

Only by commiting to it as a community we can hope to see LiF become more than another survival game with toxic community.

BlackThorne Signs the treaty.

BlackThorne Keep
Robert Garcia - Guild Leader
blackthorne.enjin.com

Paulchatterton
Zealous Believer

Post by Paulchatterton » 13 Nov 2017, 18:13

Silverhawk supports this agreement.

Dathan Silverhawk

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 15 Nov 2017, 15:38

Wortnes wrote:So I sugest an amendment to refrain from Abusive behavior towards the community, not only in a fair play sense, but also in a toxic free sense. It is imperative that the community commit it self in protecting the enviroment from griefing, bullying and prejudice, under the pennance of being known as a bad community game, as some other games are already.

So my amendment would be as follow

"4. Refrain and counter any and every manifest or behaviour that would jeopardize the ability of other players, groups or individuals to be able to play and have fun with the product they have purchased."

I absolutely appreciate the premise of your amendment, but I think it toes a very thin, grey line because we take on some of what the GMs and the Devs are supposed to be doing. It also gets weird when we start to define what is toxic and what is not.

You do call out specific forms like griefing, bullying and prejudice, but I feel the onus for this is on the devs to enforce because they are the impartial party who should bear that responsibility.

I believe the intent is spot on, but the execution could be difficult and even dangerous for us to take on as a community. It could set out with the best of intentions, but quickly get taken over by zealous parts of the community or get taken over by individuals with an ulterior motive.

JohnValentine
Zealous Believer

Post by JohnValentine » 15 Nov 2017, 16:46

Krevente wrote:
1. Self-police the use of hacks, exploits, cheats, etc. and will report them to the developers in order to provide more secure and fair gameplay.

3. Keep reports of hacking, exploits, cheats, etc. to their official channels to include GM reports, bug reports, etc. Drama llama threads accusing guilds of hacking and exploiting without going to the GMs don't help the devs get to the bottom of the matter. Allow the devs to do their job and let everyone focus on the game.

I don't have the authority to speak for Danovia on the second point. However, all DGN products are expected to adhere these other two points, regardless the game. If there is clear and evident proof presented to our staff of misconduct on this scale, the members involved very likely will be looking for new guilds by the end of the week.

Johnny~

Return to Guilds Discussions and Politics