Is anyone going to play the game after MMO is released?

General discussion about Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Dragosmosteanu12

Is anyone going to play the game after MMO is released?

Post by Dragosmosteanu12 » 24 Oct 2017, 16:14

Ttile. I think that pretty much all the players will go to the MMO, but I don't really like the MMO because of the low skill cap and I want to get the game, waiting for a sale on steam, but if it s going to be after MMO release then I will only be able to get YO/MMO, not both, and if YO won't be played after MMO release it will be pointless to get it. After the MMO releases, they will be put into separate games on steam, right?

Bearen

Re: Is anyone going to play the game after MMO is released?

Post by Bearen » 15 Nov 2017, 22:21

Well, certain types of playes will most likely still play the YO and ignore the MMO, like PVE players for instance, as they will be surrounded by trolls, that will steal nothing of value.

They are already 2 seperate games on steam.

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 17 Nov 2017, 18:34

I will probably never play your own again . It was ok while it lasted but between all the carebear communities , badmins , poor server performance , unexpected personal claim wipe glitches , and stupid ass tree farms I feel like I’ve been completely burnt out on that crap idea of server based games like this . MMO is the way to go but only if it’s managed properly , and so far from how this release is getting handled I don’t know if I can say that the MMO will be managed well .

It all Started with a gm power glitch , moving that to a delay , then the whole preload debacle for owners that own YO and not a pack to the mmo in which arrakkis and other devs can’t say anything about besides to contact some support that just says wait for the game to come out ... ya this has been messy to say the least but at least we can say good riddance to life is feudal your own !!

Miarrobino

Post by Miarrobino » 25 Nov 2017, 07:55

I think YO will probably continue to be popular with those that want a PVE world, or want to PVP in a world that doesn't require massive guilds to survive.

The MMO has very slow skill gains and a limit of 400 skill points. This means you need at least a few people to truly progress. Structures off claims decay really fast, so you need to have a monument or personal claim. However, you need to get coins for them, which you only get by going to the market in the center of the map. Eventually larger guilds can build they own trader buildings, but very few are likely to let outsiders use them.

So for someone looking to solo or play with a few alts or couple of friends will probably still want to play YO.

Return to General Discussion