Development News #83 - In Life is Feudal There is no Christmas… but There is Some in our Hearts!

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #83 - In Life is Feudal There is no Christmas… but There is Some in our Hearts!

Post by Arrakis » 22 Dec 2017, 18:40

Hey, Feudalists!

First of all, we would like to wish you a Merry Christmas! We’ve prepared a fun contest for you:

Create a holly, jolly postcard in-game using whatever you think shows off a Medieval holiday scene the most; from the beautiful, harsh environment, blood-soaked battlegrounds to the picturesque towns amidst the barren wastes and intimidating forests. What to use - screenshots from the game or real Medieval manuscripts? You decide.
But remember: the hollier and jollier the better!

Send them our way via FB messenger or email: contest@lifeisfeudal.com

(#) Winners will be announced on 2nd January 2018
Recommended
Less than 1200x1200 px
.PNG preferred
You can read the full rules of the contest here.

Yet do remember that Life is Feudal, after all - there may be no place for Christmas here...

The Judgment Hour schedule is still in place for every Saturday (no JH on Epleland). There is a chance that we might reach out to some of you for help with testing the Instanced Battle mechanics.

You can also expect another patch on Saturday morning/day European time. We plan to release a fix for client-side FPS degradation and a vassal-alignment fix that will allow guilds to fight and raid enemy vassals that are at war during JH, without the alignment loss that has occurred in the past.

Oh, last but not least, there are a number of users that have exploited the lack of Steam release and vulnerability of the current “Free ticket for LiF:YO on the Steam account” system. We want to warn such users that we are aware of their existence and are are giving them one week to relink their Steam accounts to their lifeisfeudal.com account and make sure that LiF:YO is purchased in their library. After the one week grace period, we will run a procedure to detect any remaining unverified accounts and will deduct the full price of the Ticket to Abella from their premium account. If there is no GF in the account, we have no choice but to take certain actions against these accounts.
Don't worry too much though, since it's (kinda) Christmas and we're feeling ever-so-slightly less medieval than usual. Just be sure to relink your account before the week is up!

Merry Christmas! … or not.

— The team

Saar
Zealous Believer

Re: Development News #83 - In Life is Feudal There is no Christmas… but There is Some in our Hearts!

Post by Saar » 22 Dec 2017, 18:48

Traduction disponible sur LifeIsFeudal.fr
Last edited by Saar on 22 Dec 2017, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

Chosen01uk2002

Re: Development News #83 - In Life is Feudal There is no Christmas… but There is Some in our Hearts!

Post by Chosen01uk2002 » 22 Dec 2017, 18:56

Merry Crimbo to all of the LiF Team and to the players.

Have a fun and Enjoy
Join us at the Order of The Sleeper Server14 Epeland https://discord.gg/MwFECa5

Nernums

Post by Nernums » 22 Dec 2017, 20:25

so I guess that means there is a strange roundabout way to get our friends into the game without having to buy them a full bundle then? (just send them enough to cover the GF deduction ;) ) I've been wanting to buy tickets for my poorer friends but they can't join without having either a pack or a linked to steam account, since the launcher does not allow them to do anything but access the webpage.
but I'm also a bit curious as to why we cannot buy them characters through the website or something.
I was really hoping to get a bunch of friends access to the game for christmas, but it would be incredibly expensive to do with the pagan packs or even YO (which is 50% off right now ofc)
seems like a pretty big oversight to be missing the holiday sales :%)

Nazeef

Post by Nazeef » 23 Dec 2017, 08:50

the full price of the Ticket to Abella

So 10000 GF is enough to forget about Steam?

BTW account created by logging with Steam doesn't have group "registred", only "YO & MMO owner" so I can't even see forum being logged in it. Friends who bought YO in Steam say they have the same problem.

Last edited by Nazeef on 23 Dec 2017, 14:06, edited 1 time in total.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 23 Dec 2017, 10:51

Nazeef_Stark wrote:
the full price of the Ticket to Abella

So 10000 GF is enough to forget about Steam?

BTW account created by logging with Steam doesn't have group "registered", only "YO & MMO owner" so I can't even see forum being logged in it. Friends who bought YO in Steam say they have the same problem.

Please tell your friends to relog, and if that won't help, pm me with emails of such users and I will fix the issue for them.

Bracaja

Post by Bracaja » 26 Dec 2017, 14:56

So, how do I relink my Steam accounts to my lifeisfeudal.com account? Or maybe I already did that, I have no idea what I should do, and what I shouldn't do...

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 26 Dec 2017, 17:05

Bracaja wrote:So, how do I relink my Steam accounts to my lifeisfeudal.com account? Or maybe I already did that, I have no idea what I should do, and what I shouldn't do...

It looks like you are registered as Steam YO Owner, so you should be able to access the game and get your free ticket.

Return to Development News