[MMO] Last Patch of the Year (0.10.20.40)

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.
Arrakis

[MMO] Last Patch of the Year (0.10.20.40)

Post by Arrakis » 29 Dec 2017, 11:48

Life is Feudal: MMO

In this current patch we’re quickfixing some serious combat related exploits that came up recently and will also provide some slight rendering performance optimizations.

Patch notes (ver. 0.10.20.40):

Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  • “Lance slashing” exploit that caused enormous amounts of damage is fixed now. Once again.
  • Fixed Believer’s Robe inadequate torso protection. It should not provide any protection now.
  • Made a few small fixes that should improve your FPS rates
— The team

Saar
Zealous Believer

Re: [MMO] Last Patch of the Year (0.10.20.40)

Post by Saar » 29 Dec 2017, 12:23

Traduction disponible sur LifeIsFeudal.fr

BernBliss

Character stuck no actions possible!

Post by BernBliss » 29 Dec 2017, 13:41

I am stuck in a hole in server 17! Its not that deep but when I pressed the space bar to jump it caused my character to now be hovering in mid air! No actions are avail and I am also not able to exit the game world? Please help!

Mors

Re: Character stuck no actions possible!

Post by Mors » 29 Dec 2017, 14:13

Devillierspj66 wrote:I am stuck in a hole in server 17! Its not that deep but when I pressed the space bar to jump it caused my character to now be hovering in mid air! No actions are avail and I am also not able to exit the game world? Please help!

напиши в чате игры команду /stuck

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 29 Dec 2017, 14:29

Mors wrote:
Devillierspj66 wrote:I am stuck in a hole in server 17! Its not that deep but when I pressed the space bar to jump it caused my character to now be hovering in mid air! No actions are avail and I am also not able to exit the game world? Please help!

If you are hovering you cant /stuck. I have had it before.

Only option is to crash your client and hope it moves you when you login. If not you need a GM to move you.

And no fix for the not being able to stand on your horse, or addition of a siege ladder or reduction in cost on battle totems or siege totems... or even the activation of sieges.

Trust me if things dont change in the next week and stop being so carebear focused, you will see the population plummet faster than the bitcoin market value.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Saga_Banich

Post by Saga_Banich » 29 Dec 2017, 14:57

Hodo wrote:
Mors wrote:

Only option is to crash your client and hope it moves you when you login. If not you need a GM to move you.

And no fix for the not being able to stand on your horse, or addition of a siege ladder or reduction in cost on battle totems or siege totems... or even the activation of sieges.

Trust me if things dont change in the next week and stop being so carebear focused, you will see the population plummet faster than the bitcoin market value.

They just made a patch that made it impossible to stand on the horses and people. I don't think a fix is needed. They fixed it by removing it as unintended craziness. :Yahoo!: Battle should be costly, nothing wrong with that. It's expensive in real life too. :)

Agathon

Post by Agathon » 29 Dec 2017, 15:29

Hodo wrote:
Mors wrote:

You realize the bitcoin market value has increased over 1,000 % this year alone?
Forsaken Blood - Godleland - Hardcore PvP - Interested in joining? https://discord.gg/BRKhBpZ

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 29 Dec 2017, 15:33

Saga_Banich wrote:
They just made a patch that made it impossible to stand on the horses and people. I don't think a fix is needed. They fixed it by removing it as unintended craziness. :Yahoo!: Battle should be costly, nothing wrong with that. It's expensive in real life too. :)

Sorry but that isnt a fix, that was a nerf, plain and simple a slap in the face of those who actually want to do something other than build pretty screenshot fodder.

Second do you know how much it costs to go to war in real life? Next to nothing, you grab your weapons get your army together and go hit your enemy. Next to no cost, just the cost of food and water.

People went to war because they had nothing, not because they were rich.

Agathon

Post by Agathon » 29 Dec 2017, 18:00

Hodo wrote:
Saga_Banich wrote:

Sorry but that isnt a fix, that was a nerf, plain and simple a slap in the face of those who actually want to do something other than build pretty screenshot fodder.

Second do you know how much it costs to go to war in real life? Next to nothing, you grab your weapons get your army together and go hit your enemy. Next to no cost, just the cost of food and water.

People went to war because they had nothing, not because they were rich.

Huh, war costs nothing? You are taking men away from farming fields, production, etc. Therefore you are losing revenue from said activities.

You must provide weapons, armor, training, travel, food, water for weeks on end. You must have well paid people to organize said thing. In those times, and especially in our times. War is extremely expensive.
Forsaken Blood - Godleland - Hardcore PvP - Interested in joining? https://discord.gg/BRKhBpZ

Helleri

Re: [MMO] Last Patch of the Year (0.10.20.40)

Post by Helleri » 29 Dec 2017, 18:26

Can someone be clear about what is meant by lance slashing?
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 29 Dec 2017, 18:28

Agathon wrote:
Huh, war costs nothing? You are taking men away from farming fields, production, etc. Therefore you are losing revenue from said activities.

You must provide weapons, armor, training, travel, food, water for weeks on end. You must have well paid people to organize said thing. In those times, and especially in our times. War is extremely expensive.

Depending on the culture.

Rus, Danes, Norse, and Swedes, it would cost very little... as each man and woman was required to keep weapons and armor available for call to arms by their Jarl.

The Japanese, Mongolians and Chinese all kept a standing military.

The Syrians, Ottoman, and Al-Andulus empires ALL kept standing armies of professional soldiers.

So really only Europe mainland and England had issues with cost of raising an army.

Just to give you an estimate the battle of Hastings, in 1066, was far less costly to William, to execute than to Harold to defend. (and lose..)

Harold had to rally his men, which were all farmers, smithies and a few nobility who were trained to fight. William had a mostly professional standing military, few actual conscripted individuals. His biggest expense was crossing the channel.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 30 Dec 2017, 08:57

Hodo wrote:
Agathon wrote:

Depending on the culture.

Rus, Danes, Norse, and Swedes, it would cost very little... as each man and woman was required to keep weapons and armor available for call to arms by their Jarl.

The Japanese, Mongolians and Chinese all kept a standing military.

The Syrians, Ottoman, and Al-Andulus empires ALL kept standing armies of professional soldiers.

So really only Europe mainland and England had issues with cost of raising an army.

Just to give you an estimate the battle of Hastings, in 1066, was far less costly to William, to execute than to Harold to defend. (and lose..)

Harold had to rally his men, which were all farmers, smithies and a few nobility who were trained to fight. William had a mostly professional standing military, few actual conscripted individuals. His biggest expense was crossing the channel.

You seem to have the history portion right, but if they were fieldmen standing, waiting to be called, you have to take into account that to actually wage war, you had to displace the troops and they would often be gone for months at a time.

So huge economical impact there. And that's not counting the maiming and deaths, PTSD, etc. and how that would further impact the workforce.

That model is good when you have a small population, or something very local, but at large scale or for sustained warfare/campaigning or long term occupation, professional soldiers were likely more efficient in terms of ROI.
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Return to News and Information