Why pvp server seems too carebear ?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

BeastWarrior

Post by BeastWarrior » 10 Jan 2018, 14:19

Also this is not just me but most of the old lif players agrees with it so the description of the game says its hardcore sandbox survival game but where is the hardcore? as the devs themself says its hardcore but it doesnt seem any hardcore (agreed by many old players) they already set so many rules but on the top of it now they even made rules like that we can only get past the walls only on jh so do we need to wait for 6 days to have jh which just last 1 hour to get inside a country side (which is not even main part of base) to kill 1 guy? and the funniest is that people will go inside townclaims to avoid getting killed during jh and wont come outside till jh is over so to be honest this is one of the worst rule i ever seen which we need wait for jh to even get past the walls and top of it jh is nothing like jh in yo verison all you can do is to just damage a little country side which(90% of guilds) got nothing in it so it basically like griefing hour in which we get nothing out of it and to be honest carebear is too much i mean its above the limit in this game and the top of it we even need to pay 10 gold ignots to start any ib or siege rather than paying or making materials so first of all why would someone need to pay something for destroying his or her enemy claims or other stuff but it would atleast make sense if ib/siege are expensive cause we need armors weapons and siege instruments to do it so basically we need to pay to devs to pvp our enemy? really one of the craziest rule again so what do devs want this game to be ? they want it be to realistic hardcore pvp game or just another carebear feast where people hide in their walls 24/7 and rarely come outside to do little pvp and then went back to hide again and only rich clans can do ib/siege and poor clans can just kill few non pvper that farm outside walls therefore lif losing lots of pvp players or if devs decided it going to be carebear atleast make seperate server for hardcore pvper and non and your more than welcome to correct me if something was wrong and thank you

Hodo

Re: Why pvp server seems too carebear ?

Post by Hodo » 10 Jan 2018, 14:34

Wall of text, is a wall of text. Please use punctuation and structure.

But I think I get what you are saying. And people have been complaining about this exact thing for about 2 weeks now. Why bother logging in to fight if their is only going to be a JH fighting time, and it will be so laggy and unplayable that it wont be worth it.

Not to mention you cant really do anything to a claim that is setup correctly anyway, that and most people who dont want to fight just log out and go watch Netflix for an hour then come back after it is over.

It just isnt fun, or really what I signed up for either. But Bobik says he is working on the IB costs, and the siege mechanics. We shall see how that goes when he finishes that.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Peegee77
True Believer

Post by Peegee77 » 10 Jan 2018, 14:54

If the game is full of people who want to fight each other, then why don't you all... err... fight each other? Or is it only PVP if you have to climb over a wall first?

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 10 Jan 2018, 15:50

Peegee77 wrote:If the game is full of people who want to fight each other, then why don't you all... err... fight each other? Or is it only PVP if you have to climb over a wall first?

We try.. but the problem is.. conflicting schedules. As long as the game doesnt have a fully functioning IB system or Sieges, most people wont bother.

That with the cost of either of the previously mentioned mechanics, it is a bit prohibiting.

I know our "pvpers" have road around 4 tiles in any direction and have found a few fights, but rarely any real fights. Usually some guy with a few guards bringing a horse cart somewhere or a couple of guys out looking for easy kills.. but nothing good.

Peegee77
True Believer

Post by Peegee77 » 10 Jan 2018, 15:59

Being serious for a bit, I really enjoy PVP, and in a game like EVE where it works well I get heavily involved. There are reasons why I haven't so far done the same in LiF:MMO, and I suspect a lot of people share these reasons:

- Small guilds are still working on skills, base building and other PVE activities. It's a massive grind to skill up, not everybody has unlimited time to devote to it, so they want, quite rightly, to get those things sorted first.

- Let's be honest, PVP doesn't really work that well yet. It's laggy, it's buggy, it's not a great deal of fun.

- Even when the server isn't lagging, far too often you end up against some kiddie who has plugged something naughty on their ethernet cable. It's no fun standing lagged out and rooted to the spot while a magic warrior teleports round you and kills you.

Time will sort out the first one, but only the devs can eventually deal with the other two. Until they do, it makes sense to put limits in place - and as I said before, there really is nothing at all stopping all the PVPers fighting 24 hours a day if they want to. All the devs have done is to stop LiF turning into a gankfest murder simulator while they sort things out, and I think that's the correct decision.

BeastWarrior

Post by BeastWarrior » 10 Jan 2018, 16:01

also pvp includes eliminating enemies and pillaging town and destroying the walls to go inside to kill them when they are hiding inside and more are part of pvp not just killing few that are outside of walls so it is not normal pvp that is there like every pvp mmo like eso but the special thing about this game is we got building pvping open world raiding sieging politics etc so it not just ordinary like other pvp games also any words about small pvp? as we dont always need to huge war like ib but random pvp is good too but need some solution to get past the walls if players always hiding in the main townclaim

DramaQueen
Alpha Tester

Post by DramaQueen » 10 Jan 2018, 16:31

This is Bobiks dream (c)
Dont like game? Uninstall, forget it, without damaging the nervous system
When you want to fool the world, tell the truth.

BeastWarrior

Post by BeastWarrior » 10 Jan 2018, 16:40

+ dont feed the trolls :) hope someone from another post will show attention before having misreable day trying to troll lol

DramaQueen
Alpha Tester

Post by DramaQueen » 10 Jan 2018, 16:58

BeastWarrior wrote:+ dont feed the trolls :) hope someone from another post will show attention before having misreable day trying to troll lol

Dude, I canceled the subscription and deleted the game.
Look at my profile, I've been following this game since the beginning of development.

About trolling:
http://lifeisfeudal.com/game-info
Hardcore. Free PvP and full loot, sieges and raids
Sandbox, etc.

Now ask yourself, who actually trolls?

P.S. about mu sig. This is medal, from DarkFall

BeastWarrior

Post by BeastWarrior » 10 Jan 2018, 17:05

yea agree with that they did hardcore trolling

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 10 Jan 2018, 17:52

DramaQueen wrote:Dude, I canceled the subscription and deleted the game.
Look at my profile, I've been following this game since the beginning of development.

About trolling:
http://lifeisfeudal.com/game-info
Hardcore. Free PvP and full loot, sieges and raids
Sandbox, etc.

Now ask yourself, who actually trolls?

P.S. about mu sig. This is medal, from DarkFall

I would have taken DFO more seriously if they actually spelled things right... "Grands" really?

DramaQueen
Alpha Tester

Post by DramaQueen » 10 Jan 2018, 17:59

I think you need to try DF.
LIF you cant play, lags, ping. When the game is not fun, when the game is frustrating - this game is not worth your attention

Zenjamin
True Believer

Post by Zenjamin » 11 Jan 2018, 01:54

Peegee77 wrote:Being serious for a bit, I really enjoy PVP, and in a game like EVE where it works well I get heavily involved. There are reasons why I haven't so far done the same in LiF:MMO, and I suspect a lot of people share these reasons:

- Small guilds are still working on skills, base building and other PVE activities. It's a massive grind to skill up, not everybody has unlimited time to devote to it, so they want, quite rightly, to get those things sorted first.

- Let's be honest, PVP doesn't really work that well yet. It's laggy, it's buggy, it's not a great deal of fun.

- Even when the server isn't lagging, far too often you end up against some kiddie who has plugged something naughty on their ethernet cable. It's no fun standing lagged out and rooted to the spot while a magic warrior teleports round you and kills you.

Time will sort out the first one, but only the devs can eventually deal with the other two. Until they do, it makes sense to put limits in place - and as I said before, there really is nothing at all stopping all the PVPers fighting 24 hours a day if they want to. All the devs have done is to stop LiF turning into a gankfest murder simulator while they sort things out, and I think that's the correct decision.

Actually, most PvP guilds have very little problem with PvP lag/etc.

PvP fighters are absolutely stopped from PvP at most times. The people getting "ganked"? They're not from big guilds. They're the guys with the small 10 man type guilds. Why? Because you don't bother trying to hit big guilds anymore as you can't get in their walls.

Everyone who is saying "ride out and fight in glorious battle" obvious is dreaming. REAL PvP is using whatever advantages you can to gain victory in battle. This includes terrain and wall defenses. Why would you ride out if you can effectively defend from your wall, and there's no possibility to get into it?

Majority of our guild's raids against large enemies (50+ enemy guilds) go pretty much like this:
- Go into enemy's area and close to their base
- Enemy spots us coming due to effective base design and large guilds often keep good watch.
- Enemy retreats inside their walls and gets everyone up on archer.
- We spend an hour outside trying to bait out the enemy outside of archer range.
- We get bored, and leave because nothing has been lost by large guild, maybe we take some damage from arrows, maybe they do too. Nobody dies.

We went on a 4 hour raid the other day that went over 4 different large guild bases - and had not one fight. The ONLY people to target right now are those small guilds who don't know how to build, and are soft targets. Large guilds are already safe in their walls. Most large guilds already have massive supplies and their building is largely done. Large guilds have tree farms on claim. There is absolutely nothing you can do to them.

All these changes to prevent bark boxing for example is to protect large guilds, protect troll guilds who can use drying frames, and make small, newer guilds who don't know how to build, much bigger targets.

BeastWarrior

Post by BeastWarrior » 11 Jan 2018, 07:16

Zenjamin yeah that is true not only that but they say they adding siege ladders but what use if we can use it only on jh so we can only get past walls only 1 hour per week for just killing a few guys really? and
in jh most of those guys will go inside townclaims which we cannnot touch so what they even thinking ?

Monco

Post by Monco » 11 Jan 2018, 16:56

Zenjamin wrote:Everyone who is saying "ride out and fight in glorious battle" obvious is dreaming. REAL PvP is using whatever advantages you can to gain victory in battle. This includes terrain and wall defenses. Why would you ride out if you can effectively defend from your wall, and there's no possibility to get into it?

Well said.

Manron

Post by Manron » 11 Jan 2018, 17:06

so, you want walls that cant be defended effectively, free loot everywhere on the map and no safezones, did i get that right?

Then why not put away with guild claims and walls altogether?

Just one huge world without anything on it but players that whack each other. Feudal indeed!

Or more like early stone age.

Why does Rust come to my mind suddenly?

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 11 Jan 2018, 17:37

Manron wrote:so, you want walls that cant be defended effectively, free loot everywhere on the map and no safezones, did i get that right?

Then why not put away with guild claims and walls altogether?

Just one huge world without anything on it but players that whack each other. Feudal indeed!

Or more like early stone age.

Why does Rust come to my mind suddenly?

If you can't defend your walls then you don't need them.

A lot of you are under the impression that just throwing up some palisade walls is enough for a 100% safe base defense. But no castle, fortification or stronghold was ever built like that. At least none that were successful. Even the earliest Mott & Bailey had a moat around its palisade wall, with a single dirt ramp to the gate, and a center bailey with another palisade wall around that set on raised ground.

So I will stick to my views of, if you can't defend it, you don't need it. So learn to build better defenses, there are literally thousands of examples out there just Google them.

Peegee77
True Believer

Post by Peegee77 » 11 Jan 2018, 17:49

Personally I prefer to build my defences so a mounted character can just about get over them. My crops aren't growing in the winter, so a steady supply of warhorse flesh - picked fresh from the fence and straight into the cooking pot - is most welcome.

Trance67
True Believer

Post by Trance67 » 11 Jan 2018, 18:15

The servers are because that's the way the game is currently structured. Someday PvP may become more available, but it doesn't seem like it will anytime soon.

Right now IBs are pretty much the only good source of PvP that you can get. Even then it isn't a good one because it seems like we keep dropping them and the other side has stopped signing up because the results of the battles just don't matter. Even if they lose there is no real downside to just not showing up.

Basically, all PvP can possibly be right now is a very small group attacking 1-2 people they've randomly found in the world, and that's pretty boring stuff.

BanditKing

Post by BanditKing » 11 Jan 2018, 18:36

FYI, darkfall is way more dead then this game and there is a reason for it.

One class mage/hybrid.
Steep learning curve
Only wolves left, sheep all quit.

Was great game, maybe New Dawn will be fun for the first month. They all die the same death due to no restriction pks.

We need to give them time to balance the pvp in this game. The idea of barkboxing is retarded. There should be a ladder system, maybe claims reworked, I don't know. It's definitely too carebear.

At the moment its castle building simulator 2018. Activity around the game is ultra low due to no reason to build, no chance of danger.
Revelation is recruiting | [NA] Buyan Server | Join us

Tashka

Post by Tashka » 11 Jan 2018, 19:14

BanditKing wrote:We need to give them time to balance the pvp in this game

By that time there will be no one left to PvP
Shadow queen, tyrant, crooked whore, bloody goddess, Princess of Verna, self-proclaimed Queen in Kingdom of the North (Epleland)

Books for the people! - a client mod to let you write books and messages

Trance67
True Believer

Post by Trance67 » 11 Jan 2018, 19:20

Tashka wrote:By that time there will be no one left to PvP

Can't argue with that.

BanditKing

Post by BanditKing » 11 Jan 2018, 20:39

There are plenty of people to pvp in this game if you look for it. Go pick a fight. I mean, its really not that hard to go out in the world and attack someone.

The main thing I think is that people don't want fair fights, they want to attack a target that is not ready.

And in my opinion, this is coming from clans that have lots of people and little to do because either your building is already done or you are not the ones helping with it.

In the north we have a ton of chinese invading the lands, maybe thats why I'm not experiencing the same boredom since I'm killing them on the daily.
Revelation is recruiting | [NA] Buyan Server | Join us

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 11 Jan 2018, 21:13

BanditKing wrote:There are plenty of people to pvp in this game if you look for it. Go pick a fight. I mean, its really not that hard to go out in the world and attack someone.

The main thing I think is that people don't want fair fights, they want to attack a target that is not ready.

And in my opinion, this is coming from clans that have lots of people and little to do because either your building is already done or you are not the ones helping with it.

In the north we have a ton of chinese invading the lands, maybe thats why I'm not experiencing the same boredom since I'm killing them on the daily.

Perhaps you dont understand, there is a difference between PVP and random killing of noobs.

Finding a good fight against another pvper, or a group of non-pvpers who try... pretty much dead.

Slaughtering mindless Chinese forced labor farmers.. not real pvp it is like fighting NPC rabbits that like to drop tag and jump into the water. I mainly use them for practice. They are great training dummies, as they actually move.

Bink

Post by Bink » 12 Jan 2018, 01:51

Why don't you just go red and buy death insurance? Kill whoever you like.

If you mean there aren't enough sieges, well, the game is 2 weeks old, no one's ground to that level yet to have multiple siege engines.

Trance67
True Believer

Post by Trance67 » 12 Jan 2018, 01:54

I think you might mean 2 months old there buddy. No one of consequence is currently building up except the Chinese.

IamHe

Post by IamHe » 12 Jan 2018, 03:03

the game is one month old

the "pvp" server may seem too carebear to pvpers because its NOT ACTUALLY PVP SERVER - its the regular server but pvp server supposed to launch today with steam launch so everyone can be happy

BeastWarrior

Post by BeastWarrior » 13 Jan 2018, 07:57

IamHe wrote:the game is one month old

the "pvp" server may seem too carebear to pvpers because its NOT ACTUALLY PVP SERVER - its the regular server but pvp server supposed to launch today with steam launch so everyone can be happy

what do you mean by pvp server? the one which got extra jh? do you even call that a pvp server lol like someone from this post said that people will go inside townclaim and watch netfix and when jh ended they will come outside do you call this a pvp server really? jh is really worse in mmo and nothing like it was used to be in yo so unless if its 24/7 jh but it going to be nothing dangerous all we can do is to kill few of the guys that is inside the country side without alignment loss, so can we really pillage like vikings on enemy towns ? without touching monument but just doing little bit masssacre on enemy town by destorying buildins walls(not monument) etc and kill them making them no where to hide and force them to defend than logging out. this is how jh supposed to be as no one is safe on anywhere on this world so instead they made it so care bearish as possible even barely can kill anyone even on jh due to hiding inside town claims so what use with jh ? one of the worst pvp rule i ever saw in any game

Daniel_tadd

Post by Daniel_tadd » 17 Jan 2018, 19:07

Hodo wrote:Slaughtering mindless Chinese forced labor farmers.. not real pvp it is like fighting NPC rabbits that like to drop tag and jump into the water. I mainly use them for practice. They are great training dummies, as they actually move.

Wow, dude... really?

There are no Asian servers.
Chinese players are playing on NA servers with 200-300 ping. So of course you're hitting "moving training dummies".

These same Chinese players (like myself) were pretty much tricked into getting this game and spending money, because the game offers the following:

- Full Chinese translation
- Full Chinese audio
- Chinese payment methods (Alipay, Wechat, Unionpay)

After sinking funds into the game for a package (I bought pilgrim before Steam release), then installing.. I was met with only NA or EU servers. Verrrrrrry misleading.

I thought, as did many other Asian players, that there would be Asian servers. Searching these forums there has been absolutely no mention of Asian servers coming either.

Imagine paying for a game that had options for your own currency, a game that was listed in your own language and then once installed, had only a server that was half a world away.

As for the "forced labor" thing.. that's a bit harsh, although it totally was a thing for some mmos in the past.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 17 Jan 2018, 19:24

Daniel_tadd wrote:
Hodo wrote:Slaughtering mindless Chinese forced labor farmers.. not real pvp it is like fighting NPC rabbits that like to drop tag and jump into the water. I mainly use them for practice. They are great training dummies, as they actually move.

Wow, dude... really?

There are no Asian servers.
Chinese players are playing on NA servers with 200-300 ping. So of course you're hitting "moving training dummies".

These same Chinese players (like myself) were pretty much tricked into getting this game and spending money, because the game offers the following:

- Full Chinese translation
- Full Chinese audio
- Chinese payment methods (Alipay, Wechat, Unionpay)

After sinking funds into the game for a package (I bought pilgrim before Steam release), then installing.. I was met with only NA or EU servers. Verrrrrrry misleading.

I thought, as did many other Asian players, that there would be Asian servers. Searching these forums there has been absolutely no mention of Asian servers coming either.

Imagine paying for a game that had options for your own currency, a game that was listed in your own language and then once installed, had only a server that was half a world away.

As for the "forced labor" thing.. that's a bit harsh, although it totally was a thing for some mmos in the past.

I would apologize for my insulting nature towards the Chinese population in game, but honestly nothing the major Chin Empire guilds have done have said to me otherwise. On NA server Buyan we have a dozen Chinese guilds, PinkGays1&2, Futobang, CSTG, CSPG (or what ever they are called), Decendants of Yaunghau, and a bout 6 others that I cant remember.

Of those maybe 2 are legit gaming guilds, the others are well farmers. I have sat there and watched them go out, clear cut a WHOLE tile, then army ant the logs back to where ever they came from. A few days later I see things show up on a pay cash for game item site. Yes... really... Then I hear reports of players buying horses, armor, and CHARACTERS from these people. Not for in game gold, or items... nope, for real money.

Sorry for the Chinese players who are legit, but far to many of your fellow countrymen are giving you a bad name.

As for the ping, my guild we have a few Aussies with us, and I imagine their ping is just as bad. I would love to see a PAC/RIM server for the asian player base. Not another PVE, RP, Beach Party, Furry Party, server.

Return to General Discussion