How to change Guild Standing in LiF:YO?

General discussion about Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Golddrakken

How to change Guild Standing in LiF:YO?

Post by Golddrakken » 15 Jan 2018, 00:45

I created a world in LiF:YO, which I play through Steam. It is not a 'dedicated' server', so I guess that means it is running on their server? Not sure exactly how such things work, as I'm not very good with computer stuff. Two of us here in family play in this world...each with own Guild/claim...I have tried using the instructions from this thread:
http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/topic24443

to change the standing of our Guilds to 'Allies', and nothing either of us enters through chat window or console commands has any affect in-game.

At the lower portion of the post I linked above is a section titled:
SERVER COMMANDS (LiF:YO Only)

I have not tried using those commands, as I have no clue where to input them, and where/how to access the database it's referring to. Are those commands and instructions only for someone who has a 'dedicated server' or are they what I need to use for the game/world we have?

I know where to find the LiF:YO files on my computer, under Steam>steamapps>common...but once I start looking in there I have no idea what I'm looking for and am not comfortable just poking around and trying to figure it out on my own, as I don't want to screw up the game and lose everything we've built since we started playing.

Can someone who's knowledgeable about this stuff tell me how to use the information detailed in the post I linked above to change the standings of our two Guilds to Allies? Again, this is not a world on a dedicated server, but rather one which we created just using the 'Create World' option, and to play we start the game through Steam and then go to 'create world' and pick this one that is there under 'Your Saved Worlds' (only one there).

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Arrakis

Re: How to change Guild Standing in LiF:YO?

Post by Arrakis » 20 Jan 2018, 15:17

You may use /guild standing "Guild name" 1-5
Where 1-5 is a range of available standing types:
    1 = War
    2 = Hostile
    3 = Neutral
    4 = Friendly
    5 = Ally

Return to General Discussion