Development News #90 — Rob the Shoveler!

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #90 — Rob the Shoveler!

Post by Arrakis » 09 Feb 2018, 17:16

Hey, Feudalists!

Today we would like to tell you about an exciting new feature we are going to add to the game soon!
It is a new area called the Influence Zone. In these new zones, guilds will have special permissions - the ability to destroy any object that is placed on Personal claims (including the monument) or even the Guild claims of tier 1 monuments (including the city claim and the monument itself).
The Influence Zone is the circle with the monument in the center and the radius depends on its level: I - 35, II - 60, III - 120, IV - 150. Influence zones will be visible in this special mode (similar to the claim overlay) and will affect objects that have the "Inspect" ability.

We also want to take this time to share and show just how vast and special - in a multitude of ways - our community is!
Today we want to focus on an awesome Italian Community, ‘Badilanti’ (The Shovel Users), which was born while playing Life is Feudal: Your Own. They particularly like the terraforming part of the game (which, we’re gonna assume, is where their name came from!). They have always kept faith in our project, helped significantly with the Italian translations and have also introduced many new players to the Life is Feudal universe; a genuinely helpful and awesome community!

However, we are deeply saddened to say that the founder of Badilanti has recently passed away. The community have asked for our help to honor his memory.

His nickname was Rob.

Thus, included with the upcoming patch, we are pleased to welcome a new mythological character into the Life is Feudal Lore - Rob the Shoveler! You can read more about him here. Make sure to build his idol not far from your castle or mines to make sure that he is never forgotten.

Stay tuned for more news!

– The team

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Development News #90 — Rob the Shoveler!

Post by Khan- » 09 Feb 2018, 17:18

:D
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Apostol_raul2005

Post by Apostol_raul2005 » 09 Feb 2018, 17:25

R.i.P Rob the Shoveler :(

Pastor

Post by Pastor » 09 Feb 2018, 18:24

Я не знал Роба, но пусть путь его в мир Вселенной будет сопровождаться нашей молитвой о его благополучии в этом мире. Прими Бог его душу и окутай её своей любовью.

Viruz84
True Believer

Post by Viruz84 » 09 Feb 2018, 19:40

R.I.P. Rob

JonCoccia :(

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 09 Feb 2018, 19:41

Arrakis wrote:

Hey, Feudalists!

Today we would like to tell you about an exciting new feature we are going to add to the game soon!
It is a new area called the Influence Zone. In these new zones, guilds will have special permissions - the ability to destroy any object that is placed on Personal claims (including the monument) or even the Guild claims of tier 1 monuments (including the city claim and the monument itself).
The Influence Zone is the circle with the monument in the center and the radius depends on its level: I - 35, II - 60, III - 120, IV - 150. Influence zones will be visible in this special mode (similar to the claim overlay) and will affect objects that have the "Inspect" ability.

– The team

This influence zone, will it be in addition to the current claim size? Like a T4 claim will be 20+80+150?
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Brandis621

Post by Brandis621 » 09 Feb 2018, 21:59

and thus, rob the shoveler, prophet fo the great shovel god a chosen of the dirt mother returned to the earth and was once again part of the great cycle.

RIP rob.

Nars

Post by Nars » 09 Feb 2018, 22:21

Hodo wrote:
This influence zone, will it be in addition to the current claim size? Like a T4 claim will be 20+80+150?

I understand that it's how you say it. We'd appreciate a bit more detail about that, though.

Mndfreeze

Post by Mndfreeze » 10 Feb 2018, 09:39

Isn't the influence zone basically doing the same thing as a realm claim? It over takes personal claims and guilds can delete things inside of it. I feel like I'm missing the point of the influence zone.

Lapantino
Devoted Believer

Post by Lapantino » 12 Feb 2018, 06:03

R.I.P Rob By Portucale

Nate884

Post by Nate884 » 16 Feb 2018, 02:54

This is not entirely my suggestion, I heard it in probably a much more well thought out form from someone else, but I thought it had very good potential, especially since they're going to add influence zones now.... Could perhaps that also impact alignment loss/gain?

A very crude and not as well worded version of what I heard suggested was to have someone's alignment for robbery and murder and such, impacted by where they were when the act is commited. For instance, if close to a town where there would be witnesses, you would suffer high alignment loss, but if deep in the woods where no one sees or hears, why would you be a known criminal?

So if they used the influence zones like that; the further away you are, the less you are negatively effected for crime, it would create safer areas for traders and common folk, but the places in between towns and kingdoms would be 'no mans land' where bandit players could do their thing without massive penalties.

That could also go the other way with alignment gains, if you pray closer to your kingdoms center of influence, higher alignment gain. Praying in the middle of nowhere or where people dont know or care who you are, less to no gain.

Just a thought that is not entirely my own, might be neat to see in some form...

Return to Development News