[MMO] Melee Hit Detection, Interesting Gathering, Fixes and More! (0.11.3.1)

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.

Teremai

Re: Melee Hit Detection, Interesting Gathering, Fixes and More! (0.11.3.1)

Post by Teremai » 26 Jan 2018, 14:48

Atleast change the amount of needed items for like simple cloth to 1 or multiply the amount of finding fibers to 10. Yesterday I wanted to lvl tailoring so I gathered like 700 fibers. If I had to do this today with changes I think it will take several days to do this.
Like said above make a grindy game more grindy and it will scare ppl away from this game.

Hugolevino0

Post by Hugolevino0 » 26 Jan 2018, 14:53

I understand your servers have a high load, but don't exchange your so called precision in PVP for this ridiculos concept of searching stuff.

This is not fun, you will make so much people quit. specially the new players who relly the most on these itens. I will never ever more do stuff with plant fiber i will only use flax instead.... which now by the way is cheaper than plant fiber

You can mess with economy like that, like honestly... make it gather over 10x this quantity and forget about that random quality stuff.... why would i care to lvl up till 100 nature lore, spend dollars on power hour bonuses just to arrive to the point where it doesn't matter which skill i have

you guys deserve a trophy

Bradwohlers

Post by Bradwohlers » 26 Jan 2018, 14:57

Horrendous idea sorry. Linen is expensive and thus to level tailoring which uses copious amounts of fibre has just become unfeasible.
Also, slinging, requiring thousands upon thousands of stones you now believe we should find individually?

Can you really afford to lose more players over such decisions?

Ysakura3928

Post by Ysakura3928 » 26 Jan 2018, 16:02

Write in machine translation.

This update is bad. The new sampling system is torture. Please fix the number of acquisitions or the number of requests.

Are you doing the test play not for you management?
In such a situation people will go away.

Camillabasse

Post by Camillabasse » 26 Jan 2018, 16:51

You need to fix this crap.
Listen im gathering herbs. I have now, tried getting THE SAME ONE for over an 1 hour, without any pause or interruption. This is seriously ridiculous beyond a sane point of view?
Listen herbalism is honestly a bitch already - this patch makes it even worse!! Im a mom with a kid who's 2, i have a lot of patients if u guys have kids u know!!!, but this: over 1 hour on the same herb and still havent got it yet, that makes me go insane.. I dont even wanna try getting me skill level up at this point! Like I said its ridiculous!! I like a challenge, but this is overdoing it to a point where its insane...
So dear team - get your nose out of the screen and try yourself, 'cause no human with a decent amount of patience could bear to sit for so long and getting nothing out of it!

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 26 Jan 2018, 16:56

Great patch, thanks a lot guys!! Ladder ftw!! :D

Can you confirm if JH will be back on Buyan tonight?
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Pirotess121

Post by Pirotess121 » 26 Jan 2018, 17:15

changing the gathering to make it painful and unnecessary.

but some other things was :

guild interface management

personnel claim permission management (on this one you cant even add a friend because when you log on the website there is an error when you try to find a char you can only add guilds).

swimming bugs

Matthew3

Post by Matthew3 » 26 Jan 2018, 17:33

this update just killed the game for me! with this update i am simply not playing until something is changed about it. i am playing a high level tailor levelling form level 90 to 100. the easiest and most common material i can make withe the most efficient level up is novice padded gauntlets that require 40 plant fibre each (2 simple cloth). each one i make with 5 ingredient food quality 90-100 gives 0.002 of a level. in total i need something near to FOUR MILLION plant fibre. this was fine on the old system i could leave my chacter AKA and get a book and produce 400 simple cloth in a 6 hour period. this is enough for one full power hour plus or minus 5 mins. i need TONES of plant fibre. i am not nor ever will going to use the new system it takes LONGER to gather the same amount of material and requires you to be on keyboard. there is a very similar problem for sling ammo and more. this system needs to go sling ammo, plant fibre need to go back to the old system or MASSIVELY INCREASE THE NUMBER OF PLANT FIBRE FOUND IN ONE BACH to like 50 rather than one. unless this changes i am simply going to quit the game deactivate my account STOP MY SUBSCRIPTION. the old system was absorbing yes but they allowed you to gather your basic materials with some effort in order to enjoy the game. these are one of your most basic system used by almost everyone DO NOT MAKE THE MOST BASIC PART OF YOUR GAME A BORING TEDIOUS SEARCH FOR THE MOST BASIC MATERIALS. what makes it worst is that ware i am (in the far north snowy areas) i only find a plant fibre every 4 or 5 time i search the ground the rest of the time i find stuff i dont need. this means that i am getting 1-3 plant fibre a minuet were previously while AFK i was getting 12. you ether need to make it so you can gain the materials you require in a much shorter period (e.g. the 8000 plant fibre i need DAILY) like 1-2 hours of material collecting or go back to the old system. because even if you go back to the old rate of collecting i will still quit the game because i am not going to spend 6 hours a day playing the f**King mini game.

Drizzt94

Post by Drizzt94 » 26 Jan 2018, 18:15

You guys royally f@#$ed up gathering. You literally ruined it. This game is a huge grind and one of the few things you could do worthwhile afk just got taken away. The ability to afk gather large quantities of high quality plant fber is so important for so many things, and now that's gone. That is a really big deal.

And gathering sling ammo 1 at a time? Are you guys kidding me?

Falkorn

Post by Falkorn » 26 Jan 2018, 18:43

Да, немного поменялся процесс сбора, но в целом только на пользу. Как по мне, так хорошее обновление.

Mbrhard

Идиоты

Post by Mbrhard » 26 Jan 2018, 19:49

Я вот даже не знаю как обратиться к Вам!
разработчики? - это очень громкое слово, так как основная функция людей связавшие свою жизнь с этим направлением - думать! Увы, но к Вам это не имеет никакого отношения. Вы меняете механику игры, круто! надо уходить от "кликеров", идея несет в себе здравое зерно, а реализация? Собирать по одному снаряду для пращи? Или для того, чтобы сделать 10 ткани я должен собрать 200 волокон, чтобы потом включить час силы и 5 раз кликнуть на создание вещи? :fool:
Может сначала будем думать а потом делать?

Federicogjm

Post by Federicogjm » 26 Jan 2018, 22:44

Reworked three gathering abilities (Search for something Edible, Search for Materials, Search for Herbs). All of these abilities work the same way as the original gathering of alchemy ingredients worked. ‘Targeting’ the tile triggers the visibility of corresponding plants in the area, which you now manually gather

Please, please review this point.
You need 20 fibers to create 1 cloth.
It is very difficult to obtain these basic matherials for those who have just started to play.
If you increase the difficulty to get these basic materials, you should lower the amount of these that are used to manufacture the items that require them.
It's not fair to those of us who just started playing the game and we have not had time to equip ourselves.
In my particular case, I like to play alone and I have discovered that I can do it if I create several characters to have all the professions I want. However this already makes things too difficult making it not fun because it gets tedious.

Thank you very much and greetings

Federicogjm

Post by Federicogjm » 26 Jan 2018, 22:52

Camillabasse wrote:You need to fix this crap.
Listen im gathering herbs. I have now, tried getting THE SAME ONE for over an 1 hour, without any pause or interruption. This is seriously ridiculous beyond a sane point of view?
Listen herbalism is honestly a bitch already - this patch makes it even worse!! Im a mom with a kid who's 2, i have a lot of patients if u guys have kids u know!!!, but this: over 1 hour on the same herb and still havent got it yet, that makes me go insane.. I dont even wanna try getting me skill level up at this point! Like I said its ridiculous!! I like a challenge, but this is overdoing it to a point where its insane...
So dear team - get your nose out of the screen and try yourself, 'cause no human with a decent amount of patience could bear to sit for so long and getting nothing out of it!

I'm a father of two here. I think you are right. I hope they listen us and roll back that gathering system. I think it's making the game imposible to play for a lot of ppl like us.

Mandhrolf

Re: [MMO] Melee Hit Detection, Interesting Gathering, Fixes and More! (0.11.3.1)

Post by Mandhrolf » 27 Jan 2018, 00:13

What a pity! But RL becomes now more interesting again.

HolyAvengerOne

Re: [MMO] Melee Hit Detection, Interesting Gathering, Fixes and More! (0.11.3.1)

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 27 Jan 2018, 03:58

About the herbalism changes. Just wondering if that's a bug or working as intended :

a) ... having NL at 98.19;
b) ... holding a q50 Believer Sickle;
c) ... doing "Search for Materials" on a q100 Forest Soil tile;
d) ... harvesting a small green plant from a q51-q54 Rock tile;

... yields q31-q39 Plant Fibers? Is that the expected output?

Edit : and now, in the same conditions, on the same q54 Rock tile I just got a q77 Plant Fiber.

ImageImage
Last edited by HolyAvengerOne on 27 Jan 2018, 06:33, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Tinuva
Devoted Believer

Post by Tinuva » 27 Jan 2018, 05:34

This harvesting change is horrible. Why would u change this, I know of no one who likes this change. Anything that requires cloth is useless now. Very poor decision. Why would you not let the player know of changes of this magnitude coming? I just resubbed yesterday. If I had known this was coming I would not have. Guess i call the bank tomorrow and see if I can get my 20 bucks back. :(

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 27 Jan 2018, 05:43

Tinuva wrote:This harvesting change is horrible. Why would u change this, I know of no one who likes this change. Anything that requires cloth is useless now. Very poor decision. Why would you not let the player know of changes of this magnitude coming? I just resubbed yesterday. If I had known this was coming I would not have. Guess i call the bank tomorrow and see if I can get my 20 bucks back. :(

I do agree with this change.

Bye! :ROFL:

Sturmfyrer

Post by Sturmfyrer » 27 Jan 2018, 08:45

HolyAvengerOne wrote:
Tinuva wrote:This harvesting change is horrible. Why would u change this, I know of no one who likes this change. Anything that requires cloth is useless now. Very poor decision. Why would you not let the player know of changes of this magnitude coming? I just resubbed yesterday. If I had known this was coming I would not have. Guess i call the bank tomorrow and see if I can get my 20 bucks back. :(

Why do you think this change is for the better ? I think its a horrible change. You must understand that this game will never be a mainstream succes, it will be a dedicated small player base. WIth changes like this they might just have doomed the whole game, so people like you and me who really like the game will be left alone and the project will tank and alot of potential will be lost if they fuck over new players. Think in long term before you shit on others becouse ime sure you would like more then you to play this game and that its a some what financial succes so we get constant fixes and updates. With this kind of changes it will be dead really soon

Dunimon

Post by Dunimon » 28 Jan 2018, 00:51

I love that the developers are willing to try new ideas to enhance their game, however, changing the method of gathering the most basic and necessary items to be far more difficult is far from an enhancement. I got into this game because of the potential it has to be great, and so far it has been. But in order to make any progress in the game, you have to grind an insanely large amount of materials just to level up your skill tree.

Before this patch, it was tolerable because you could set the game to harvest for you and didn't require you to be chained to it to do so. Now, it is a downright nightmare trying to do any large amount of gathering. The only way at the current time to gather materials quickly would be to have many people gathering just to support one person's skill growth; which just isn't realistic to encourage. And, this change inadvertently seems to be trying to force you into buying a power hour just to reduce the grinding...

TL:DR - The new gathering is a bad system and only increases the difficulty without actually adding anything meaningful into the game. Please rethink this change Developers.

WestArcher

Post by WestArcher » 08 Feb 2018, 06:12

Phantom hitboxes seem to be worse as well, on buyan at least you need to be able to see into the future to hit chinese players.
Attacking someone running away is impossible unless you can somehow predict where the server thinks he actually is.
Even when the server is being nice thrusting weapon hitboxes seem to be even worse than before. Not that it matters though as movement mechanics make it impossible to properly control space, your opponent can just impale himself on the spear so he only take a handle hit instead.

Its so bad that fighting on foot the only viable way to fight is to pretend you're a lancer as if you're running constantly your phantom hitbox remains a good safe 1-2seconds behind you, so you can safely attack slower opponents without even giving them a chance to hit you. its insanity

Barlin
True Believer

Post by Barlin » 21 Feb 2018, 05:13

HolyAvengerOne wrote:

You agree with pretty much every change they make. No matter what the patch notes say and no matter how shitty the changes are - around 10-15 minutes later ur comment appears, which is pretty much always the same ( "great work", "keep up the good work" ect, pretty much always around these lines..)
I checked/followed ur posts for a while and actually thought u were a bot.
Now I just think that ur are some kind of YES-man with the need for attention. :ROFL:

How about less quantity and more quality of ur posts ? Starting to explain why this patch is, in ur opinion, so great would be start...

Risky

Post by Risky » 22 Feb 2018, 09:50

Generally speaking those who don't gather plant fibre are saying that it's not a problem. They whinge about those whinging who do gather plant fibre. I hope the devs are tracking the analytics of plant fibre gathering and assessing whether the same amount of people are doing it since before this patch, more people, or less.

With 100 Natures Lore, I gather 1000 plant fibre in 1 hour. Which is alot, and more than I can afk. However, how many manual hours do I have to spend to help people level up and provide the ropes and cloths they need?

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 27 Feb 2018, 20:06

Barlin wrote:
HolyAvengerOne wrote:

You agree with pretty much every change they make. No matter what the patch notes say and no matter how shitty the changes are - around 10-15 minutes later ur comment appears, which is pretty much always the same ( "great work", "keep up the good work" ect, pretty much always around these lines..)
I checked/followed ur posts for a while and actually thought u were a bot.
Now I just think that ur are some kind of YES-man with the need for attention. :ROFL:

How about less quantity and more quality of ur posts ? Starting to explain why this patch is, in ur opinion, so great would be start...

Thank you for the keen interest in my posts you're rexpressing. Truly an honour. That being said, my opinions are my own and I like to share them on my terms, as I wish to, which is allowed by these forums' rules. In no way am I (nor anyone is) required to explain in any level of details why I approve of these things (or not).

If you're truly interested in what someone's opinion is, then don't make some lame attempt at flaming them in your post. Otherwise, if this was just a troll... Well, lol :ROFL:

Return to News and Information