Free City of Commerce (FCoC) Recruiting

For the sole purpose of guilds recruiting members.

Zennoya
Alpha Tester

Free City of Commerce (FCoC) Recruiting

Post by Zennoya » 04 Mar 2014, 22:13

ABOUT US:
Our main goal is profit, which we want to achieve by creation of a town, respected and known by all players on server as a home of best crafters, and many traders, where all types of best quality goods can be found.
Our secondary goal is to improve our profit by building highways which will encourage buyers from whole world to visit our city.
Our motto is "All roads lead to FCoC".

GOVERNMENT:
Because one man rulership always ends as dictatorships, and ruling by a council always ends with fighting we propose a mixed system with mayor, and ministers. Mayor is choosing his ministers once a week (or decide them to stay). He should also justify his decisions. On the other side ministers can also gather and vote to change the town mayor or call noble voting to change mayor, in case he do something, that endanger the town. Majority of the votes and justyfing of decision required in such case.

- Town Mayor - He choose the tax rate for the town, and nominate ministers. He can call nobles to vote in case of crucial decisions. Nothing more.

- Minister of Defence - His duty will be make all decisions which will affect security of a town, like decide where walls should be, how many guards should be on duty, and who they will be. He has also possibility to ban townfold in case of breaking town rules.

- Minister of Infrastructure - His duty will be to manage space inside town walls, command building of town infrastructure, and manage resources required for their build. In future also planning roads leading into our town. He also has possibility to accept new townfolks into town.

- Minister of Diplomacy - His duty will be to keep peace with other bands/klans/guilds/kingdoms, negotiate trade agreements, and passage rights. We will be also responsible for public image (website/banners etc).

BASIC GUILD RULES:
- Never endanger town or town reputation
- Protect town in hour of need
- Never cheat or scam customers in town
- Always pay taxes

CIVIC RIGHTS:
- Noble Citizen - Higher tax rate, but possibility to vote in case of voting called by mayor or ministers.
- Master Crafter - As he improves town image with 100 of crafting skill, he pay same taxes as free citizen, but also can vote.
- Free Citizen - Pay taxes. Have all town rights, excluding voting.
- Novice - anyone who want join the town and was approved by Minister of Infrastructure. No taxes at all, but need to prove himself, by social working (town improving/repairing, gathering resources for town members etc). Cant vote.

PM me, or write in this thread. We will also be grateful for Your opinion about FCoC.

LordWiese
Alpha Tester

Re: Free City of Commerce (FCoC) Recruiting

Post by LordWiese » 07 Apr 2014, 22:11

Respect from Glendor, I admire the merit based republican voting system. I wish you the best, but you better form a competent city guard, raiders will target you.

I advise building in the south, might keep you away from the Viking wanna be types, maybe not, non the less, best of luck.

Legolan Glendor - Lord Protector of Glendor

Strategos

Re: Free City of Commerce (FCoC) Recruiting

Post by Strategos » 03 Jun 2014, 18:41

Much admiration to you good sir. Perhaps you would be interested in extending your trading interests to the gentleman bastards and the Duchy of Camorr? A pair of profitable cities will always succeed where one would fail, especially considering those Viking types the previous post mentioned...

Added » 05 Jun 2014, 22:11

Also: an idea has recently formed in my mind and I've contacted some other smaller/ city-state oriented guild heads to see if they're interested. Any chance you'd want to have your guild become part of a mutually beneficial alliance (A Coalition of Free and Independent States) so we can Unite against larger, more established guilds in order to create mutual power?
Anyway, just floating it at you. I'll stop spamming your recruitment forum.

Link to the Duchy of Camorr Official Website:
http://duchyofcamorr.enjin.com/
Link to the Duchy of Camorr thread:
the-gentleman-bastards-t1255/
Link to The Duchy of Camorr Steam group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/theduchyofcamorr

Return to Guild Recruitment