[MMO] Guild Influence Zones, Unit and Heraldry Banners and More! (0.11.12.2)

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.
Arrakis

[MMO] Guild Influence Zones, Unit and Heraldry Banners and More! (0.11.12.2)

Post by Arrakis » 09 Mar 2018, 08:29

Life is Feudal: MMO

We’re implementing a long-awaited Influence Zone system!
In short, this means that Tier 3 and Tier 4 Guild Monuments will have an increased zone of influence around monuments. All Private claims, and even Tier 1 monuments, can be destroyed during JH if they are within an Influence Zone. This mechanic was designed primarily to combat troll Tier 1 claims and Private claims.

A Lesser Instanced Battle Totem is also introduced in this patch - It is cheaper, battle size is limited to 50 vs 50 players per battle and the losing side will only lose 5 tiles of Realm claim radius if defeated.

We have implemented a solution for those who want to show off their cool looking premium armor skins and also be easily identifiable as a friend or foe on the battlefield. This solution is a Banner that you can now equip in the tabard slot in your equipment! Make sure to check premium skin options - unit leaders will be more visible for their unit members to see so there will be a tiny bit less chaos and confusion on the battlefield.

Patch Notes (ver. 0.11.12.2):

New Features and Tweaks:
  • Implemented Guild Influence zone
  • Implemented a Lesser Battle Totem
  • Losing an instanced battle will now inflict a 10 tiles radius loss (5 for a mini/lesser IB)
  • Implemented new type of tabard - a Heraldry banner
  • Repair kits are 2x more effective on buildings and 4x more effective on crafting buildings
  • Resurrection sickness is now twice as long. Healing effect duration is shorter now. It is better to heal yourself now rather than dying.
  • Trade Posts are available to everyone now. If you want to restrict the usage of the Trade Post - surround it with gates and walls.
  • Demolition skill should no longer level up while shooting at Archery Target with non-siege damaging projectiles
  • Removed excessive additional damage dealt to training targets
  • Skill will no longer raise if a Gathering attempt fails. Implemented to counter certain exploits near the server nodes borders.
  • Horses will suffer from falling damage now
  • Added working recipes for Naphtha barrel trebuchet ammo and tweaked its damage
  • Workshops and Kitchen buildings should give a 20% bonus to the quality of items crafted. Maximum quality that can be achieved this way is capped by the real value of the skill of the crafter.
  • “Destroy” ability should no longer be the default/first selected ability in the context menu. This should minimize the amount of accidental deletion of buildings. In order for this change to take effect you should delete the \game\%region%\data\DefaultAbilities.xml file. Though it will remove all your previously set default actions.
  • Fixed and tweaked names and availability of Platemail premium skins
  • Added missing Novice Padded Helm skin
  • Corrected door frames inside the Big Plaster House model
  • Moved some ground tile abilities of the context menu into a submenu “Look for”
Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  • Fixed all known issues of terrain that had rips/holes
  • A client side crash involving server border crossings is fixed
  • Fixed an incorrect display of horses’ maturity
  • Fixed a server node crossing bug that would reduce a cart’s durability to zero, making it vulnerable to destruction
— The team

Gamekiller1985

Re: [MMO] Guild Influence Zones, Unit and Heraldry Banners and More! (0.11.12.2)

Post by Gamekiller1985 » 09 Mar 2018, 08:35

in the honest oppinion of the devs... in what way would you say is the best to gring the animal lore now?? without the exploit of failed taming gives exp and how the animals run from you already that means i only get .004 exp every time i tame an animal... i have to tame over 400 animals to get a 40 skill level in animal lore.. i spent a month working with chicken coops and upped my animal lore by 2 points... you are making the animal lore skill tree unatainable.... and in no way fun to play.... how do you plan to fix the issue of a skill that is not fun to use?

Radames

Re: [MMO] Guild Influence Zones, Unit and Heraldry Banners and More! (0.11.12.2)

Post by Radames » 09 Mar 2018, 09:09

So does this Patch also fix the IB's? Do you lose more Land if you lose a Battle or don't even attend?

Halfnigh

Post by Halfnigh » 09 Mar 2018, 09:17

How to activate the view mode of the zone of influence?

Vjatich
True Believer

Re: [MMO] Unit and Heraldry Banners and More! (0.11.12.2)

Post by Vjatich » 09 Mar 2018, 11:24

Banners do not work either?

Arrakis

Re: [MMO] Unit and Heraldry Banners and More! (0.11.12.2)

Post by Arrakis » 09 Mar 2018, 11:29

Vjatich wrote:Banners do not work either?

Banners work properly :D

Yayohegel

Post by Yayohegel » 09 Mar 2018, 11:37

What about the Totems for the IB battles?
Yayo Hegel General de la Guardia Real

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 09 Mar 2018, 11:41

Mini instanced battles didn't come through in this patch. Influence Zone did actually.

Yayohegel

Post by Yayohegel » 09 Mar 2018, 11:43

Arrakis wrote:Mini instanced battles didn't come through in this patch. Influence Zone did actually.

But is the number of boxes that are lost in an IB Batlle fixed? will it be ten already?
Yayo Hegel General de la Guardia Real

Faenor

Post by Faenor » 09 Mar 2018, 11:55

Not a good update I have to say, the horse damage is not necessary and for us in the north its even more bad. Because in the northern mountain parts of the map you have alot of lags you get stuck at trees and rocks so not so nice, instead you should provide a stable game

And why you raised the time of Resurrection sickness? Every one was complaining about it thats to long and now you raised it?

"Skill will no longer raise if a Gathering attempt fails. Implemented to counter certain exploits near the server nodes borders."
great cause grinding in this game was so easy befor that...

just a big facepalm in my opinion the only good part is again bugfixes the rest is more or less bullshit

edit:
I have to correct my self the horse damage is the biggest bullshit I ever saw, now I can absolutly understand why so many people complaining about it
Last edited by Faenor on 23 Mar 2018, 00:51, edited 4 times in total.

Clamier

Post by Clamier » 09 Mar 2018, 12:48

Fuck this russian SHIT game no fun at all !! only bugs and bugs...
How about fix when you cross server you cant go to building floor is forfeit... this bug is here very long time a nobody care fuck off this...
this game become only pain nothing more... And it looks like there will be only P2W in a while...

Papagelos

Post by Papagelos » 09 Mar 2018, 13:31

* Implemented Guild Influence zone - This was made to stop trolling and is great. However you tied this solution to IB.... This means it is worthless on Eppleland that has no IB. How can we prevent trolling here?

* "Healing effect duration is shorter now. It is better to heal yourself now" - I assume this is a "typo"? Brings me to mind that this is probably the only game Ive seen where a healer cant heal himself, which feels kind of silly. Bedrest for self, please!

*Workshops and Kitchen buildings should give a 20% bonus to the quality of items crafted - We were under the impressions this has always been the case. Wiki/Tooltip descriptions at least has always stated that a kitchen does this.

* Skill will no longer raise if a Gathering attempt fails. - Does this include animal lore? In that case lower Large stable to require 60 animal lore, and even that is much. No one is going to reach 90 anymore. You need to rethink how to level up this skill.
This also goes for all combat skills. Wearing a piece of armor and letting a guildie afk-punch you for an hour to make you a master-archer is silly on all levels. I'd prefer a "practice archery" button in that case, that works like piety/Praying or Berserker shout system.

* Horses will suffer from falling damage now - This change is premature. While I agree it has to be made sometime, now is not that time. Especially with spirited warhorses, as soon as you ride somewhere near trees the screen will lag anad freeze for several seconds. When you are back you might very likely find that your horse has fallen down a mountainside. If you deliberately try to descend one, your horse often will get stuck in a "Sliiiiiiiiiide" animation and it takes 30s-1minute of watching it creeeeep sloooowly downwards before you can control it again. This is very frustrating and we have simply avoided this by jumping down said mountainside. Riding will now be exactly zero enjoyable and we already decided to no longer ferry goods to our mountain granite outpost 1 server away, coz it was already a chore trying to ride in this mountainous terrain.

* Repair kits are 2x more effective on buildings and 4x more effective on crafting buildings - The reason I decided to stay and play this game one more month. Finally you understand that having mechanics in place to deliberately and in a boring way slow progress not how we want to experience this game. (play all day to make repair kits so you can repair all your crafting buildings, and making repair kits break forges and kilns so you have to grind to grind etc etc.)

* Implemented new type of tabard - a Heraldry banner. - Maybe if you made the range longer where we can mouse over an enemy and see if he's a red enemy or not we wouldnt need this. Being an archer in this game sucks, esp trying to shoot somethign with longbow at 30+ tiles. If enemy has same'ish color as you, world pvp such as defending your town is hopeless coz you have no idea if you aim at friend or foe. Most games have either a unitfram above enemies or mouseover tooltip, that works at the same range as the weapon range you use.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 09 Mar 2018, 15:13

Ok... so we have some good and some meh.

Good-
Added smaller IBs.
Added influence, but no description on how it works.
Increased repair amount on buildings.
Fixed a few bugs.

Everything else... meh.

Bad...

STILL NO SIEGES!
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Varald

Post by Varald » 09 Mar 2018, 15:43

Я уже успел убить с горы одну лошадь ! Подскажите пожалуйста ))) Как сделать новое знамя ??? :)

Olaf.kehr

Post by Olaf.kehr » 09 Mar 2018, 19:41

Wollt ihr einen verarschen?

Privatclaims können immer noch nicht zerstört werden. Immer schön Russen-Griefplay förden.

Kohle gibts nicht mehr

Harald1050

Post by Harald1050 » 09 Mar 2018, 21:07

Any information on how to destroy a private claim that is settled two tiles away from the max border of tier 4 monument? I thought there is an influence zone. How does it work? Does it "grow" as the claim area grows? Any information would have been great.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 09 Mar 2018, 23:49

Harald1050 wrote:Any information on how to destroy a private claim that is settled two tiles away from the max border of tier 4 monument? I thought there is an influence zone. How does it work? Does it "grow" as the claim area grows? Any information would have been great.

It looks like something doesn't work right and it's not possible to damage Monuments atm. We are investigating the issue.

StuntmanB0b
Beta Tester

Post by StuntmanB0b » 10 Mar 2018, 14:15

Can you please make the influence zone visible? Maybe only at JH or only for defenders/monument owners.

Howgreat are these Influence Zones?
Does the Influence Zone depends on the spreading of the monument radius?
Radius tier 3 Monument + X?
Radius tier 4 Monument + Y?

Werwolion

Post by Werwolion » 13 Mar 2018, 11:03

Resurrection sickness is now twice as long. Healing effect duration is shorter now. It is better to heal yourself now rather than dying.

The dynamics of the game has become extremely low , because the treatment also lasts too long , with the skill of 90 treatment, its optimal time is 6 minutes

Do not forget that a group of warriors spends a significant time after treatment to regroup .

Implemented new type of tabard - a Heraldry banner

The "Heraldry banner" should be supplemented (+) with mini- tabard.

-------------
The cost of the totems need to reduce in 2 times , to increase the dynamics of the game.On the server all hid behind the walls , it became boring to play

Irishkaos1815

Post by Irishkaos1815 » 22 Mar 2018, 04:12

Hello irish here,
I was wondering what the growth of the influences zones are. i just upgraded my claim and could not find really solid info on how this works so if you could explain that'd be amazing thanks again!

Return to News and Information