Development News #94 — Hard Work, Faith and Some Shovels (of course)!

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #94 — Hard Work, Faith and Some Shovels (of course)!

Post by Arrakis » 09 Mar 2018, 17:06

Hey, Feudalists!

As every week goes by, we continue to work on the server node crossing issues, the Newbie Island new player experience and, of course, we continue our process of eradicating bugs and crash fixes.

For more than three months since our OBT start in November 2017, we have continued to keep the fast pace and present you with a patch on a weekly/biweekly basis.

We'd like to express our most sincere gratitude for staying with us and supporting Life is Feudal. Developing a feature heavy Sandbox MMORPG with a fully terraformable world would be no small feat even for some of the larger studios in the industry, and with our more humble team perhaps you can imagine the stress we are under every day.

However, with your support we know we will pull through, and your support will keep us working hard and giving it our best every single day. Thank you again for your help, feedback support and faith from every one of us here at Bitbox.

Oh, and some upcoming shovel skin for you to check out what our Art team is doing ;)

– The team

Hodo

Re: Development News #94 — Hard Work, Faith and Some Shovels (of course)!

Post by Hodo » 09 Mar 2018, 17:19

Yeah shovels.... /sarcasm

Let me guess 100EUD per skin?

3 months since launch of OBT, you all have done a lot of work... some of it is not so good.

From a North American perspective, you have done very little to fix the issue with the server provider. Again there is NO reason for anyone in the US to get a ping higher connecting to the NA server than to the EU server.

Then the stability issues.... I myself and a hundred other players have told you time and time again during CBT4, DONT GET A CRAPPY provider for the NA server... and what did you do.... got a crappy provider.

Instead of progressing on things the game was missing you have been chasing your tails trying to fix things that should have been fixed months prior to the OBT launch. Like server node crossing.

Then the issue with missing features that are MUCH needed... like sieges... by the time they are added, no one will be around to siege.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Valverrin

Post by Valverrin » 10 Mar 2018, 10:42

If you want bigger demand on your skins, let your artists draw more armor. Only 1 bonus skin for each is a poor choice. At least 3 different types especially for tier 2 armor are needed.

Making top tier skins available for lower tier armor was a crappy choice. Now you can’t tell by looks if the guy is a real deal or just showing off.

TheBruce

Post by TheBruce » 11 Mar 2018, 13:08

Entire guilds are leaving the game and you're releasing shovel skins? Seems like you don't know what priorities are. And if you want to sell skins make them affordable, take example from other games which make tons of money from skins sold at 1/2/5/10/20 euros each.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 11 Mar 2018, 23:14

TheBruce wrote:Entire guilds are leaving the game and you're releasing shovel skins? Seems like you don't know what priorities are. And if you want to sell skins make them affordable, take example from other games which make tons of money from skins sold at 1/2/5/10/20 euros each.

I don't understand why are you so inclined to believe that we literally do nothing else in the studio but develop skins and count money. Our priorities are pretty fine. We work on the bug fixes, tweaks, game improvements, server stability etc. I hope you don't expect us to send an art team to work with the code and other stuff? ;)

Also, please remember that those skins are fully optional. You still have access to all game features without them and can enjoy the game just as much without the skins.

Jack1992

Post by Jack1992 » 12 Mar 2018, 00:33

Arrakis wrote:
TheBruce wrote:Entire guilds are leaving the game and you're releasing shovel skins? Seems like you don't know what priorities are. And if you want to sell skins make them affordable, take example from other games which make tons of money from skins sold at 1/2/5/10/20 euros each.

I don't understand why are you so inclined to believe that we literally do nothing else in the studio but develop skins and count money. Our priorities are pretty fine. We work on the bug fixes, tweaks, game improvements, server stability etc. I hope you don't expect us to send an art team to work with the code and other stuff? ;)

Also, please remember that those skins are fully optional. You still have access to all game features without them and can enjoy the game just as much without the skins.

I personally think the price of them are a little high, i am one of them people who love looking different in games, EG Pre Ordered PUBG just for the jacket, but when you put it into AUD like Heavy Padded Helm - Boar Trophy (Slavard style) is over 60 AUD to buy.

TheBruce

Post by TheBruce » 12 Mar 2018, 05:40

Arrakis wrote:I don't understand why are you so inclined to believe that we literally do nothing else in the studio but develop skins and count money. Our priorities are pretty fine. We work on the bug fixes, tweaks, game improvements, server stability etc. I hope you don't expect us to send an art team to work with the code and other stuff? ;)

I'm not inclined to believe anything, i'm just speaking about what i've seen in the last two years and since then i've seen very few upgrades on the game side and way more about texture revamp or skins. The only thing i expected was to play with 10k+ people on one server in a full player-driven world and what i see are three servers, less than 1500 people on each (speaking about EU*)and entire guilds that leave for other games cause they're bored and maybe log just for an ib sometimes.
About counting money what should i answer? I refused to play on cbt cause paying for a beta is madness to me (ofc i'm not complaing, it's just my opinion), and i refuse as well to pay 150euro for a skin (and i actually have bought the banner, cause to me it has a price worth to pay for something that don't have any effects on gameplay). Following a different path probably would have led you to sell a lot more skins and stuff and would have prevented accusation of moneygrabbing.
I'd like to play in an uthopian world like the ones you described, where people bring to life a whole server, it would be the final game but i'm worried it's not going that way and believe it or not i have more than 3k hours on this game, i have nothing to celebrate if this game fails.

Return to Development News