[MMO] Another Bunch of Fixes and Tweaks (0.11.16.0)

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.
Arrakis

[MMO] Another Bunch of Fixes and Tweaks (0.11.16.0)

Post by Arrakis » 23 Mar 2018, 10:15

Life is Feudal: MMO

We’ve been working super hard, but sadly were not quite able to properly test, and finalize, the Per Object rules management system this week, and have therefore decided to postpone it to next week. But we are really close! In the meantime, please enjoy our alignment/criminal, healing and other system tweaks.

Patch Notes (ver. 0.11.16.0):

New Features and Tweaks:
  • Warnings while looting graves should work properly now and warn you ONLY if you really will lose the alignment if you loot
  • You should no longer get criminal status when attacking friendly or vassal guild’s members
  • You can attack anyone without alignment loss or getting criminal on your guild’s territory, ally’s territory, friend’s territory or enemy(war standing) territory
  • Ground landslide effect particles are back
  • Abilities ‘Treat Wounds’, ‘Treat Fractures’, ‘Treat Severe Injuries’: the duration of ‘Bed Rest’ decreased by 4x, approximate values at 100 skill: 6 minutes for the worst wound and 12 minutes for the worst fracture - all of these abilities as well as ‘Treat Patient’ now require a Bandage to perform
  • Abilities ‘Treat Wounds’, ‘Treat Fractures’, ‘Treat Severe Injuries’: the duration of ‘Bed Rest’ decreased by 4x, approximate values at 100 skill: 6 minutes for the worst wound and 12 minutes for the worst fracture - all of these abilities now require a Bandage to perform
  • Ability 'Simple Construction': decreased amount of building groups, in some recipes of 0-30 ability level softwood and hardwood billets are combined and now you can use both of them, also in some recipes nails were replaced by a simple rope;
  • Ability 'Furniture': most of the recipes changed and now you can use any types of boards and billets, recipes at level 0-30 become much easier;
  • Substances should now be dropped in the grave upon death
  • Implemented Javelin mass production - you can now make 5 Javelins at once
  • Private monuments are now less resistant to damage (which can be dealt only during JH and if a private monument is covered by an influence zone of a guild)
  • Floor Lamp is back on the list of recipes
  • Wooden gates are fixed and do not block the extra 2 tiles in front of them
  • Tweaked the Newbie Islands filling algorithm, which should place players more tightly for more player to player interaction
  • Horses’ stamina should be properly saved between packing and unpacking it from a deed
  • Premium decorations are now movable objects; all decoration crafting has been moved to the General Actions skill
Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  • IB primetime window bug is fixed, where some battles could start 1 hour later than the prime time window
  • Fixed a bug where criminal status was not visible if player reconnects to the game
  • Fixed height change bugs caused by some abilities interacting with a terrain surface (planting, plowing, fertilizing etc)
  • Possible bug with disappearing Guild Monuments is fixed
  • Implemented better logging for incorrect materials loading on the client side
  • Fixed a bug where a horse would turn sideways if ‘turn’ key was held when mounting/unmounting
— The team

Faenor

Re: [MMO] Another Bunch of Fixes and Tweaks (0.11.16.0)

Post by Faenor » 23 Mar 2018, 11:07

All in all a good update with many bugfixes, really nice guys <3 the only thing I m really complaining about is this:

"Horses’ stamina should be properly saved between packing and unpacking it from a deed"

With this change traveling becomes more cancer than it is allready. Also if you want to support your own troops on the same server and make it in time, is not possible anymore.
Also gaining ressis from far away with a horse cart took allready a lot of time and now it should take even more?
So now I have to carrie allways a sec horse with me on my back....or just standing around until my horse has full stamina again, thats not really realistic mates.
A softer solution would be maybe better like when you riding half speed it doesnt loses stamina at all only when in full speed its going down for exampel or increase the stamina regeneration of horses a lot.

Traveling is a great part of the game but this doesnt make it easier guys.
Last edited by Faenor on 23 Mar 2018, 11:22, edited 3 times in total.

Arklaf

Post by Arklaf » 23 Mar 2018, 11:13

Why nerf husar????
Okey no... listen...

WHY NERF HORSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we dont travel now

ggwp

:beer:

Borsuk

Post by Borsuk » 23 Mar 2018, 11:26

A least triple horse stamina and make riding skill more useful.

EDIT: But in the bright side, I want to thank you for making horses more reliable on harsh terrain. They can climb more steep slopes, which is the good thing. Please also make them slide instead of flying very slow.
Last edited by Borsuk on 24 Mar 2018, 11:54, edited 1 time in total.

Falcion
True Believer

Post by Falcion » 23 Mar 2018, 11:34

I'm no horsmen, I feel best when i'm on my two legs, but this really stings.

You should reduce stamian cost greatly for traveling with less speed and make it deplete it faster when full speed is gained.
Or base it on Kingdom Come Deliverance horses when they're only getting tired when you push them to gallop.

KingOlafOneEye

Post by KingOlafOneEye » 23 Mar 2018, 13:36

in my opinion i cee if the gam developers managed to produc mor alchemy items lik a potions for horses for exampl to mak the stamina regeneration faster lik we hav potion for stamina for players and soft hp it wil be good idea.

good jop and we waiting for the next PVP patch good luck.

Faenor

Post by Faenor » 23 Mar 2018, 13:50

YEAH and horses should also ageing when in inventory also they should be thursty and hungry so you have to feed them, great idea mate with the alchmemy but it should be a little bit more complicated right ;)

Mkwas343

Post by Mkwas343 » 23 Mar 2018, 14:02

I get that horses should not magically restam when the are put away. That being said are real person can not put a horse in a bag and carry it sooooo..... I appreciate the immersion but please at least double horse stamina.

Clamier

Post by Clamier » 23 Mar 2018, 14:04

one month and this game is dead by developers

lags in IB will be less but for cost, no more players that little bit dump move :D instead, fix it.

Trading now is impossible...

this game needs to make a balance between the game and real time this is exaggerated ...

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 23 Mar 2018, 14:17

Trading is not impossible... just going to take 3 times as long.
Horses needed a nerf, just not this nerf. The HP nerf was enough.

Other than that, horses should not burn stamina if they are moving at a walk but should regen slowly at a walk. At a trot/Cantor they shouldnt burn stamina or gain stamina, and at a gallop they should burn stamina as they do now. This would be the best system for horses.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Evilkhaoz30

Post by Evilkhaoz30 » 23 Mar 2018, 14:47

very nice now as a new player how about removing the setfov and fog commands asap. Didnt find out tell 3 weeks in that the guys i fight can hit me from out side of render

Sluquepsi

Post by Sluquepsi » 23 Mar 2018, 17:35

I´m healer. Ok, now I must use bandages to heal, I understand, it is logical.

But Can you fix the simple cloth crafting please????

Wanglin_0920

Post by Wanglin_0920 » 23 Mar 2018, 18:28

Remove the horse,PLZ? :beer:

Laep

Post by Laep » 23 Mar 2018, 19:01

I really really dislike this patch.

Now my horse doesnt has enough stamina to cross a server and i need to wait 3 mins to regen is stam. All horse fights been killed cause we have no stam to actually fight. And this will affect everyone cause hiding the horse was the way to counter the insanly small stamina. Low stam, low regen. Maybe increase the stamina regeneration of the horses. Or even better increase the masimum ammount of stam the horse has. 200 stam on a horse its really unrealistic when people used to travel all day on this animals. I also dont understand why they dont recover stam while walking slowly

The worst change in this patch is the healer nerf. Now we have to use more than 50 bandages after a fight. And bandages are insanely expensive. 1 simple cloth = 1 bandage. Thats 1000 fiber per 50 heals. And we cant forget some people need 2 or 3 heals depending on the need for surgery or a fracture repair. I like the fact we need to use a bandage but the cost of it is irracionaly high. If one simple cloth would give you 10/20 bandages it would work way better.

Flirgar

Post by Flirgar » 23 Mar 2018, 19:35

The 'fix' to horse stamina is only a fix if you actually change the way horse stam drains, because currently it drains ridiculously fast, and re-staming the horse was a WORK AROUND TO A BAD PROBLEM! Now you have removed the work around, but NOT FIXED HORSE STAM!

Also, 1 simple cloth to 1 bandage is also RIDICULOUS!

I'm two steps closer to the door if you don't address these two issues ASAP!

Dirac

Post by Dirac » 23 Mar 2018, 19:44

Yeah, no... Healer nerf was stupid.

Maybe if simple cloth was 1 or 2 plant fibers. Or you can gather plant fibers easier?

Hahah, now think about leveling up healing. You can heal like what every 3 or 4 seconds? that's 9000-12000 plant fiber per hour of healing.

Who thought of this?

Mkwas343

Post by Mkwas343 » 23 Mar 2018, 19:51

@Bobik

People complain about the last nerf on horses and you nerf them again. IB territory gains/losses have been halved from the original amount, effectively killing PvP and declawing large guilds in Telumn, which was originally supposed to be a PvP server. You allow OP one shot poison kills with little to no recourse. You have yet to address the lag/ping issues and overall unplayability of primary game mechanics. Server lines are still a huge issue and servers can not handle more than 150 people at one time. Beyond that, this game has one of the most convoluted inventory and crafting systems I have seen and even needs a third party mod to make it manageable. The fact that we (APEX, a large power) can not remove a small T2 troll claim without spending a massive amount of finite resources on ineffective IB totems, yet are getting shovel skins, is a joke in this community. There are so many other in-game issues that I can not begin to scratch the surface.

Beyond that you have yet to follow up and reschedule the Telmun AMA which you cancelled the morning of. It seems the opinions of those that continue to pay subscriptions and buy skins do not matter to you. GG guys. I am not leaving quite yet but I am a few steps closer to the door. I hope you start to listen to the dwindling community you have and at least consider our point of view. I would love to see you fix your game and would not be saying these things otherwise. We, the community, care and want to see this experience persist. We have put in a lot of hours to shape this world and I hope it is still here in a few months. The concept is awesome and ambitious, but the execution needs some work.

All that being said, I withdraw my offer to host the AMA. I might participate but after attempting to coordinate and getting cancelled on I don't think it is worth my time as a volunteer. Frankly, I am not sure if I will still be here if that AMA ever happens.(edited)

Zwergi_1300
Zealous Believer

Post by Zwergi_1300 » 23 Mar 2018, 20:37

First of all, u are fixing issues, good job on that. (small/useless ones, but still)

Now to the problems:
Why do you devs make the game more grindy at the PVP side?? Collecting 60 Plantfibers to heal 1 guy is a joke! With the changes to gathering so u cant AFK it anymore it takes about a minute to collect around 20-30 plant fibres if u are lucky.
This game DOES NOT need more GRIND, it needs ACTIVITY, EVENTS and the ability to TRAVEL!

Onto the horses:
Again, why do u make it longer to travel from A to B? Sure its a bugfix for the stamina bug but still as mentioned above u cant just take the workaround out of the equation and do nothing about the problem that a warhorse doesnt even last a whole server. Traveling takes more time, makes ppl bored and bored ppl leave the game.

I really like this game and played alot of it, but if this continues I am gonna pull the cord and leave the game aswell, because at the end of the day a game is supposed to be FUN and not just FRUSTRATING because u first have to grind for a shitload of mats and wait for ur horse to be fit again to ride.

The 5th IB in a row crashed. Fix that instead of useless things, that are just annoying but not gamebreaking.

Hellstroem out.

AsuranShadow

Post by AsuranShadow » 23 Mar 2018, 22:00

Increasing the grind for healing, travel, and building basic construction (50 simple rope for a wooden gate!?!?!) seems like a poor decision at a time when the population is already dwindling.

Kimpel

Post by Kimpel » 23 Mar 2018, 22:13

All I want to know is how is it that one of your servers in down for 4 hours and you have YET to post something, anything about it!

Olvrem

Post by Olvrem » 23 Mar 2018, 22:18

Kimpel wrote:All I want to know is how is it that one of your servers in down for 4 hours and you have YET to post something, anything about it!

:Search: This^

Mooshie

Post by Mooshie » 23 Mar 2018, 22:24

Kimpel wrote:All I want to know is how is it that one of your servers in down for 4 hours and you have YET to post something, anything about it!

Here I thought that I just was looking in the wrong area. Telemun shows all zones down but dispatch server up on the status page. When logging in I keep timing out on the dispatch server. Any updates?

Olvrem

Post by Olvrem » 23 Mar 2018, 22:35

Mooshie wrote:

Here I thought that I just was looking in the wrong area. Telmun shows all zones down but dispatch server up on the status page. When logging in I keep timing out on the dispatch server. Any updates?

Its as if when something happens like this, they are too embarrassed to comment on it. as if saying "we don't know why" is going to make us more upset than not knowing. If you don't have any info just tell us that you don't know whats causing it or how long it will take, its better than silence.

Despuu

Post by Despuu » 23 Mar 2018, 23:26

AsuranShadow wrote:Increasing the grind for healing, travel, and building basic construction (50 simple rope for a wooden gate!?!?!) seems like a poor decision at a time when the population is already dwindling.

Couldnt agree more. Who ever is doing these changes is/are completely moron(s).

Thehelleri0

Post by Thehelleri0 » 24 Mar 2018, 01:01

"Horses’ stamina should be properly saved between packing and unpacking it from a deed"

Works for YO. MMO is far bigger and Horse re-stamming is necessary.

"Fixed a bug where a horse would turn sideways if ‘turn’ key was held when mounting/unmounting"

So I can no longer jump on a horse and whip it around as quickly to bail if a need to. Except I can because like most updates it appears to not actually be implemented at the time you say it is.

... Is your goal to make horses not worth it at all? Because it's fast going that direction. First we couldn't leave them out indefinitely any longer. Which made storing them an issue since the containers they could fit into were also limited. Then the ones in the MMO handle terrain objectively worse than in YO. Then unreasonably over sensitive fall damage. Now messing over the ability to use them effectively even more. Let's not forget the invisible cone you put on horses that has almost gotten me killed (and caused me to a loose horses) in battle a few times now.

Horses had exactly 2 actual issues to begin with. Glitching and breeding (the latter of which still doesn't have proper and up to date documentation). And those are the only 2 things you've still not entirely fixed regarding them.

Laep

Post by Laep » 24 Mar 2018, 02:01

I ve been trying the horses after this patch and i have to say. IF the intention was to affect the combat it didnt. I had no problem doing pvp with the new stam. When its hurting me its when transporting.

Im going out for hunting and I need to get out of the horse and look at my horse for 3 mins. I m literally just wasting time.

Either way the devs said on discord they are working on it so i m only worried now with the bandages. There was a fight today i couldnt heal anyone nor do i intend to farm for hours just to be able to effectively heal people during a JH. I use to heal 100 or more people per day(in fight days). Thats 2k fiber if i only need to heal them once. Assuming everyone needs a surgery it doubles.

Pve people dont seem to have a problem for it since they have a lesser chance of being hurt. But for the people that actually fight all the time they will start to feel it. I already refused a bunch of heals today just cause i didnt had bandages.

There is also the fact i have 100 points on a skill i cant use on myself but thats a discussion for other post.

I m somewhat amazed to the lack of people complainning about this. I gues everyone already kills themself instead of asking for heals

TheBruce

Post by TheBruce » 24 Mar 2018, 19:10

Ridiculous, nothing more to say. You're tryin' your best to close the game and you're pretty near reach it.

Amrock

Post by Amrock » 24 Mar 2018, 19:34

Arrakis wrote:Life is Feudal: MMO
[*] Abilities ‘Treat Wounds’, ‘Treat Fractures’, ‘Treat Severe Injuries’: the duration of ‘Bed Rest’ decreased by 4x, approximate values at 100 skill: 6 minutes for the worst wound and 12 minutes for the worst fracture - all of these abilities as well as ‘Treat Patient’ now require a Bandage to perform

I was hoping Treat like fractures becoming real one and having deeper impact on ingame life.
This change makes healing/bed rest very anecdotal.

Tinuva
Devoted Believer

Post by Tinuva » 27 Mar 2018, 01:10

Ability 'Simple Construction': decreased amount of building groups, in some recipes of 0-30 ability level softwood and hardwood billets are combined and now you can use both of them, also in some recipes nails were replaced by a simple rope;

unfortunately it wasnt 1 simple rope it was 50. this is outrageous. change it back to nails or fix the cost. 50 simple rope for a set of stairs? 50 simple rope for a gate? seems they changed the nails to simple rope but forgot to change the number required. I could certainly get 50 nails way easier than 50 simple rope... :%)

Dosphi

Post by Dosphi » 27 Mar 2018, 21:43

Why not more building logs for the palisade?

Before for wooden wall defences 15 building logs, and now 105 billets. :crazy:

And palisade has no BILLETS. He has logs.

Honestly have you destroyed the game for me. I have today cutted my oak trees, saw logs and then im back home i see, now i need 50 billets here....105 there....No that makes not fun. :cry:

Sarkasm on/
Take not ropes...take water...that is more easier to build something. No more nails...only water
/sarkasm off

Return to News and Information