Development News #96 — New Worlds and Exciting Plans!

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #96 — New Worlds and Exciting Plans!

Post by Arrakis » 23 Mar 2018, 17:01

Hey, Feudalists!

In this devblog we would like to share our global plans for the near (and not-so-distant) future.
We are super close to opening, and launching, new CIS countries Worlds. We’re partnering with local gaming platforms and advertisement companies in order to provide sufficient marketing support for this launch so keep a look out for info!.
We believe that opening a new world will provide our CIS countries players with a more fair primetime window, so that JHs and IBs will not take place during late night hours for them.
There have been numerous questions regarding the opening of this region, thus we plan to address them in detail in a separate post - but that doesn’t mean we can’t share some definitive information with you guys for now:

• There will be no character transfers to this region at least until the new world has been running for a minimum of 3 months. This applies to all new worlds that we’ve created and will create - pioneers of the new worlds should not be harmed by maxed out characters transferring from older lands.
  • We plan to organize a couple of ticket giveaways among the current CIS countries player base.

While on the topic of new worlds and regions, we would like to inform our players that we’re getting closer to securing a publishing agreement for the Asian region, which should make it possible for us, and our partners, to open new servers in this area.

The opening of new regions and servers should not - and will not - stall the development of the game itself.
In fact, in May of this year, we are planning to release an exciting, major update for our game, which should entice some of our older players to check back - while simultaneously appealing as friendlier to newcomers!

Stay tuned for more details!

– The team

Teah

Re: Development News #96 — New Worlds and Exciting Plans!

Post by Teah » 23 Mar 2018, 17:05

I hope this goes well.

Grumzombie

Post by Grumzombie » 23 Mar 2018, 17:08

Cool

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 23 Mar 2018, 17:47

Sounds like good news! Can't wait to hear more about the May update.
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 23 Mar 2018, 18:14

CIS as in China?

Well there goes the population on Buyan.

I guess it's good news.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Kattria1

Post by Kattria1 » 23 Mar 2018, 18:24

while your at it you should make a better tutorial for those new players who have not played Life is Feudal your own when i first started if i dindt have friends playing i wouldnt know what to do in the game to raise my skills keep the tutorial simple but informative walk them by the hand like a baby and they will catch on very fast

Usual
True Believer

Post by Usual » 23 Mar 2018, 21:36

Tell me it's Voip. That's all I'll need to hear. And really, you shouldn't have to say much more to me after that.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 23 Mar 2018, 23:30

Hodo wrote:CIS as in China?

I guess it's good news.

No. It's ex-USSR : https://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/infopage/cis.htm
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Borsuk

Post by Borsuk » 26 Mar 2018, 16:22

Look at the shield on banner. BOATS CONFIRMED!

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 26 Mar 2018, 18:43

HolyAvengerOne wrote:
Hodo wrote:CIS as in China?

I guess it's good news.

No. It's ex-USSR : https://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/infopage/cis.htm

So Central Asia. Still cool....

But why not Pacific region/AUS/NZ/JPN server?
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Maw6144

Post by Maw6144 » 27 Mar 2018, 17:02

That's great and all but what about YO? Still waiting on sawmill to work, primitive NPCs, economy system.... or are we the forgotten voices?

Zulkan

Post by Zulkan » 28 Mar 2018, 07:03

Maw6144 wrote:That's great and all but what about YO? Still waiting on sawmill to work, primitive NPCs, economy system.... or are we the forgotten voices?

we are awoken and we have spoken :beer:

Zulkan

Post by Zulkan » 28 Mar 2018, 07:19

There are many points to speak about .

First off all , after 6 months population got his lowest levels . Maybe new servers will give new hype for new players and what that means for the players who played since the beginings .

Second , about this big and awesome patch ... I dont think there is really need to complain about , patches are coming and the game is pretty decent . I read a lot that YO players are sick of waiting about boats and stuff ... maybe guys you should inlude this first before opening new servers .

Third , Epleland . Changes in Rules and why Epleland should be untouchable , thats something very important to me , cause I joined Epleland after playing some time en Avalon . And I thougt that all pvp or normal server will wipe and die someday , but Epleland , a role server where wars get not so important , where you are focused on building a pretty home / kingdom for your people instead of thinking in defending it . At this point we defeated the PlayHard clans and peace is ahead , the problem is that they all tasted war and to many people just are warmongers now . I repeat this is not a complain about the game itself , its more a complain about the community , full of casuals , warmongers and rat kits that eventual leave the game . At this point this game need more than ever a strong community faster than this "big and awesome new worlds" . I hope we all together can make Epleland great again ! :friends:

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 28 Mar 2018, 11:00

Maw6144 wrote:That's great and all but what about YO? Still waiting on sawmill to work, primitive NPCs, economy system.... or are we the forgotten voices?

We will update YO as soon as possible. For now, all hands are on fixing major MMO bugs.

Cernobylsky

Post by Cernobylsky » 28 Mar 2018, 22:01

The real question is what is missing, is functionality of the sawmill implemented? It is relatively easy to enable building the sawmill for players (some client/server modification and it can be easily enabled).

Only issue is there is no possible interaction with mill (I would be grateful for ability IDs if they are implemented...)

Zulkan

Post by Zulkan » 28 Mar 2018, 23:16

Arrakis wrote:We will update YO as soon as possible. For now, all hands are on fixing major MMO bugs.

Great :beer:

Honest

Post by Honest » 29 Mar 2018, 02:41

When Latin American servers?

MartialDoctor

Post by MartialDoctor » 09 Apr 2018, 16:01

Hodo wrote:So Central Asia. Still cool....

Yes, a Pacific region server would be great for all of us over in the Asia / Oceanic region!

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 12 Apr 2018, 00:08

MartialDoctor wrote:
Hodo wrote:So Central Asia. Still cool....

Yes, a Pacific region server would be great for all of us over in the Asia / Oceanic region!

You must be getting some pretty good pings to CIS though, especially if you're in JP / CN?

Return to Development News