Development News #97 — New Region, Easter & April Fools Additions and Decorations.

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #97 — New Region, Easter & April Fools Additions and Decorations.

Post by Arrakis » 30 Mar 2018, 19:57

Hey, Feudalists!

Happy Easter, and happy April Fools’! Spread the joy, and don’t let pranks get in your way.

It’s been another busy week, and, as usual, we would like to share what we’ve been up to.

An Easter (and April Fools’) patch is incoming so keep an eye out! We’re implementing a couple of fun easter eggs for you to enjoy - make sure to check them out while they last! (Especially the outhouse with your sound on.)

We’re also adding a bunch of new premium decorations to the store, along with some top-notch shovel skins that we know some of you have been looking forward to!

Lastly - but certainly not least - we’ve opened a whole new region and world this week - Iriy, located in and targeted towards the CIS region. We’re aware of the fact that some of you are afraid that this might lower the EU servers’ population, and this might be true at first. We are expecting that this region, along with localized channeling and marketing efforts both of our own and our partners’, to bring even more players to the game overall.

Have a great Easter weekend!

— The team

Hurley

Re: Development News #97 — New Region, Easter & April Fools Additions and Decorations.

Post by Hurley » 30 Mar 2018, 20:32

Any news on the permissions expansion?

Pooles

Re: Development News #97 — New Region, Easter & April Fools Additions and Decorations.

Post by Pooles » 30 Mar 2018, 20:34

hi guys i will start by saying i love your game but yous are killing it with cash grabbing fix the game instead of adding skins and thinks you can make cash of i understand you need to keep on developing but come on guys if you have no players you have no game plain and simple stop grabbing cash and please start focusing on the game and the players that make it

kind regards

pooley

Greasegunner
Devoted Believer

Post by Greasegunner » 30 Mar 2018, 20:38

The changes you all made with horse stamina really scared the last of my guys away. I can honestly say I don't think they will be coming back unless you revert these changes. No, we are not looking forward to shovel skins, we want to be able to play the game.

Stop making the game more of a chore to play.

INait
Beta Tester

Post by INait » 30 Mar 2018, 20:41

Any news on the permissions expansion?

Very close to production. But it is a feature that requires a very through testing, so it missed the current patch.

Flirgar

Post by Flirgar » 30 Mar 2018, 20:43

No offense to your hard working graphic artists, but I don't know anyone who is "looking forward" to shovel skins.

Fix horse stam (it's almost just as fast for me to get somewhere carrying my horse on my back).

Fix cooking already.

And that's just the things you BROKE over the past couple weeks...

I do love this game for it's concept, and for what it could be, so I'm hanging in there, but you are making it difficult.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 30 Mar 2018, 21:09

Still waiting on the Global Chat function to be fixed... you know that thing that broke day 1.

Oh and the implementation of sieges... you know that thing that was promised months ago.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Falcion
True Believer

Post by Falcion » 30 Mar 2018, 21:21

Not even gonna mention postponing the claiming reworking that was promised last week and move to this one...

Ibarrula
True Believer

Post by Ibarrula » 30 Mar 2018, 22:32

Indeed, we need more servers and less population sure, with the high advances in the game development why not one server for each country becuase the fixes in the game code are enougth we dont have any problems in several months. :beer:

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 30 Mar 2018, 23:49

*eyes suspiciously everything that was written in this dev blog*

Hmmm, you too, BitBox, you too ':'
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Igorclark6

Post by Igorclark6 » 31 Mar 2018, 04:04

Really fine work you are doing. Create one server for each country and make easter eggs and skins, ignoring all the bugs and glitches players are having. I can't even play this anymore....

"GREAT PROFESSIONALS" keep up the amazing work! :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo:

Sstreichhan0

Post by Sstreichhan0 » 31 Mar 2018, 04:29

I know its not easy to make "everyone" happy . But the people get more and more mad every week because of the "Patch policy" ...

Yes , maybe its nice to have easter eggs and such stuff in the game but in that state ? Right now it feels like moving one step forward and many steps backward .

I allready said this in another post , premium stuff that comes from your art team , isnt bad , but it seems that many people see the things like me , it just looks like , fixing bugs ? Naaahhh . Add Premium Stuff to get a bit more money , YEAH , why not ....

Please , get this game back in the way it should be , thank you .

wittekind

Post by wittekind » 31 Mar 2018, 08:43

hello dev team!

First of all thanks for the hard work i realy enjoy the game!

second i like to shear an idea that might be the solution to stop people complaining about paying for nice looking gear whit real cash

if you make it posible to buy premium skins whit ingame curency players have a choice to grind for a item whit ingame gold or when they have enough cash in RL do it the fast way and buy them at the store.

I strongly believe this a fair way for evry one since not evry one earns the same amount of cash in real life, speaking for myself i payed multiple tickets for charackters to be able to play the game properly because of the stat cap. and don't have the ability to pay for premium gear to whit real cash..

let's say ask between 50 to 200 gold coins pro skin ?

i like to end whit wishing you all a happy easter!!

Greets from Wittekind van saksen member op KOP epeland server

Dominusmv

Post by Dominusmv » 31 Mar 2018, 08:59

And open a new server? As a graduate in economic and business sciences I am with ten years of experience behind, I will tell you that not only have problems with bugs in the game, which is almost the least. Many people are abandoning the game on the eppleland server because they were promised roles and are not being given. There are at least three players who have been reported for using exploit (with video evidence sent) and nothing has been done, we have also shown that some of these players have modified the game illegally, and they are not He has done nothing. I speak on behalf of at least one hundred players, several of them premium who either will stop playing or directly cancel that subscription. It is not a threat, it is a reality, you have to weigh if you compensate legal premium players or three premium trolls players. They should take action if you want to continue with this business, put the batteries to your gms, that from what I see some are not doing.

A greeting

Barlin

Post by Barlin » 31 Mar 2018, 09:19

"We are expecting that this region, along with localized channeling and marketing efforts both of our own and our partners’, to bring even more players to the game overall."

Are we talking about different games here ?o.O The Life is feudal that I am playing is loosing players nonstop. The world is full of abandoned/burning claims. It has been only a few month since the official release but the game looks already like it is in its dying stage...

What happened to the advertised 10.000+ server ? Even with a few hundred players online the servers keep crashing.
There are tons of bugs and you are nowhere near handling it - you are restarting servers several times a week to "fix" the server-border-crossing-bug - what kind of fix is that ?
With every patch the game becomes more grindy/time consuming, even hardcore fans stop playing now.
Those that are still playing have to spend alot of time fighting troll-claims. Small guilds can t even afford the costs of IB or t3/t4 upgrades to stop the trolls.

There has been almost no new content the last few month - except for some skins - and no, changing skills is not new content, its called balancing.

Good luck with getting new players, your steam-reviews and reviews in game magazines suck. With the way you are currently handling the problems this game will be dead in less then a year.

Congrats, thats probably a new record for a mmo.. :evil:

Ps.: It is obvious to pretty much everyone that you have a hard time dealing with all the problems. I advise you to hire a scrum master for at least some weeks and get your priorities/asset-pipeline straight. Your vision-keeper has done a shitty job, so fix it or change the vision-keeper.
In case your guys are doing both, art and programming- focus pls on one job. You are not doing some mod for some game, just for fun. You are a company with bills to be paid. This is business not a game. You are working for the players. They are paying you. Once they stop paying, your life-is-feudal-project is over
Last edited by Barlin on 31 Mar 2018, 09:45, edited 2 times in total.

Jonas.cn

Post by Jonas.cn » 31 Mar 2018, 09:34

Can eggs be made with 4 ingredients?

Honest

Post by Honest » 31 Mar 2018, 12:57

ITS GREAT! I need a bunny horse!

Insurance2584

Post by Insurance2584 » 31 Mar 2018, 15:47

TLDR: change subscription model, introduce RL currency

As someone who has played and coded online games since before they even had *graphics*, (Circle Mud 3.0, anyone?) I have seen many games come and go, and eventually you see patterns of at least some of what fails, and what succeeds.

In my opinion, your billing model is suicide, and will end this game. Your current billing structure, encourages one-time charges for characters, when an ongoing subscription model is required to survive. Your ISP bills are monthly, not one-time, as is payroll, etc, and with your current setup, the average user is encouraged to pay for a subscription for one single month, to power-hour the char, and after that, play for free forever. This is financial suicide.

There are many working models, even for this niche market. I suggest a flat fee subscription model, with a free to play option at half the skillpoints. That way people can play, you can claim F2P, and have a guaranteed revenue stream with the full-fledged characters subscriptions.

You see, everyone is complaining about the bugs ignored, while you make shovel skins, and I think they are right to complain about bugs (hey, it's still technically beta), but I think most people here are failing to recognize the *ROOT* problem, which is the money. IMHO, if you weren't hurting for money, you'd be focused on bug-fixing, not shovel skins and decorations *during a beta*.

Seriously, shovel skins is a serious warning sign. Don't ignore it, people will pay a subscription for a decent game. Enforce a subscription model.

Second, a suggestion for an additional revenue stream, without resorting to Premium Shop fundraising, or pay to win, is something I've seen save games before: they introduce a new form of currency in-game, that is bought with RL money (think poker chips) and trade-able among players. Now this layer of financial obfuscation has quite a nice list of benefits without breaking the game: It allows poor/f2p players a way to contribute to the game financially, because rich players will always be happy to pay poorer players for the crap-work (gathering, etc) that they no longer want to do, and poor players are typically happy to work HARD *in-game*, and now, they can work *in-game*, to pay for a real $$$ subscription, supporting the game financially. It empowers the rich and the poor, the gamers and the company. It's pure win-win, and no pay to win. They buy the "poker chips" with in-game gold, whereas the poker chips are bought originally with RL money (of a richer/more hardcore player) You see, this forms a way for ppl to pay for a real subscription, with real life money, without a credit card, instead working *in-game* for it, (also keeping your population numbers up, btw) by allowing players to help each other financially, but *in-game*.

Please consider my suggestions, and thank you for your time.

Return to Development News