Development News #98 — Crime and Punishment, AMA and Shooting Art!

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #98 — Crime and Punishment, AMA and Shooting Art!

Post by Arrakis » 06 Apr 2018, 17:21

Hey, Feudalists!

It’s finally Friday, and, as usual, we’re sharing what our team has been busy with during the week!

First of all, we would like to thank you for all the hilarious screenshots of Easter and April Fools’ easter eggs that you’ve shared with us. We’re really glad you enjoyed it and hope you’ve had some laughs riding horses with bunny ears and taming moose!

Moving on to a more serious topic: as you know, fair play and your safety is our number one priority. Please remember that whenever you make an unauthorized purchase, you compromise your account, or even allow your personal information to be stolen. There is no guarantee that you will get what you paid for and the scammers can simply run away as soon as you pay them.
Since it’s would be an unauthorized purchase, we will sadly not be able to help the scammers’ victims.

If we find out that an account or in-game items have been - or are being - sold, we reserve the right to ban seller’s and buyer’s game accounts permanently, and we are doing our best to detect and eliminate these crooks as soon as we can (we have already banned a number of scammers and resellers), but please mind that your safety is in your own hands in this case. We sincerely hope for and hugely appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

As for other things we’ve been busy with — we would also like to let you know in advance that there may not be a patch next week. We have reached a major stage in development that will allow us to run our backend servers in a more stable environment with improved network performance. It will also decrease server lag in overpopulated areas and provide a smoother gameplay experience overall. Our focus will be getting this implemented in the upcoming update.

Meanwhile, our art department has been focusing on creating new decorations and skins. We couldn’t resist sharing some of them with you:

Last — but definitely not least — don’t forget to tune in to our upcoming global AMA with Bobik tomorrow at 17:00 UTC (1:00 PM EST) here: http://www.twitch.tv/diddlydale

— The team

HolyAvengerOne

Re: Development News #98 — Crime and Punishment, AMA and Shooting Art!

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 06 Apr 2018, 17:25

First!

Thanks for the dev update guys! Really glad to hear the new server infra and net code is getting ready for primetime!! Is there any way you guys can share some of the tech details that you can? Please :cry:

Have a fun weekend!
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Arebon
Zealous Believer

Post by Arebon » 06 Apr 2018, 20:14

nice, and you are wondering why the game loose week by week more of the population, you bring NOTHING to the game, no NPC's (sience december!) no new feautuers, no gameplay just week by week "improved server performence" thats BULLSHIT the server runns smother becauser not even 1/4 of the players are even playeing, and the rest will allso quit when you not hurry up and do somthing for the game! STILL NO SIEGE!!!! (avalon will die without!) STILL nothing to do on EPLELAND! (Just farmsimulator 2018!)
and instead your artteam will fix some giltches in the buildings and stuff they make "NEW SKINNS" ! - yeah give me your money! nice!

GZ! you are realy close to loose the rest, all are frustrated and raging, you bring week by week new skinns for your fuking money, and nothing else what we got promised!

Papagelos

Post by Papagelos » 06 Apr 2018, 20:36

Arebon wrote:nice, and you are wondering why the game loose week by week more of the population, you bring NOTHING to the game, no NPC's (sience december!) no new feautuers, no gameplay just week by week "improved server performence" thats BULLSHIT the server runns smother becauser not even 1/4 of the players are even playeing, and the rest will allso quit when you not hurry up and do somthing for the game! STILL NO SIEGE!!!! (avalon will die without!) STILL nothing to do on EPLELAND! (Just farmsimulator 2018!)
and instead your artteam will fix some giltches in the buildings and stuff they make "NEW SKINNS" ! - yeah give me your money! nice!

GZ! you are realy close to loose the rest, all are frustrated and raging, you bring week by week new skinns for your fuking money, and nothing else what we got promised!

Are you suggesting the art team, the people who all they can do is draw pictures, start fixing the bugs? Coz they will for sure create 80 new bugs for each one they fix.

And about the skins.. sure, I dont like it either.. but... what do you want the art team to do? Fire all art team? They work, they create pictures.. and skins is pretty much the only thing that makes sense for them to draw right now since it can bring a bit of income to cover their wages.

Arebon
Zealous Believer

Post by Arebon » 06 Apr 2018, 20:42

Papagelos wrote:
Arebon wrote:nice, and you are wondering why the game loose week by week more of the population, you bring NOTHING to the game, no NPC's (sience december!) no new feautuers, no gameplay just week by week "improved server performence" thats BULLSHIT the server runns smother becauser not even 1/4 of the players are even playeing, and the rest will allso quit when you not hurry up and do somthing for the game! STILL NO SIEGE!!!! (avalon will die without!) STILL nothing to do on EPLELAND! (Just farmsimulator 2018!)

Are you suggesting the art team, the people who all they can do is draw pictures, start fixing the bugs? Coz they will for sure create 80 new bugs for each one they fix.

And about the skins.. sure, I dont like it either.. but... what do you want the art team to do? Fire all art team? They work, they create pictures.. and skins is pretty much the only thing that makes sense for them to draw right now since it can bring a bit of income to cover their wages.

the art team can more than just draw paintings, they can fix the 3D models of the creapy houses for example, where the roof from inside is not visiblie, and missing textures and so on! thats work from the art department!

Yhym

Post by Yhym » 06 Apr 2018, 23:01

Ok so now, fix the 3rd person view for archers. I think with this skin people which gonna buy them deserved for it.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 06 Apr 2018, 23:04

:cry:
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

MartialDoctor

Post by MartialDoctor » 07 Apr 2018, 00:09

Sounds great, guys! Keep up the good work!

Looking forward to some network patches in the future.

:beer:

Barlin

Post by Barlin » 07 Apr 2018, 17:09

I might be wrong, but doesn t the EU law say that selling game accounts and items is legal ? If you do business in those states and just ban people doing legal stuff you might get sued...

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 09 Apr 2018, 14:19

Barlin wrote:I might be wrong, but doesn t the EU law say that selling game accounts and items is legal ? If you do business in those states and just ban people doing legal stuff you might get sued...

I think this has to do with some of the Chinese gold farmers that were up and about on the Buyan server.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Barlin

Post by Barlin » 11 Apr 2018, 07:32

Hodo wrote:
Barlin wrote:I might be wrong, but doesn t the EU law say that selling game accounts and items is legal ? If you do business in those states and just ban people doing legal stuff you might get sued...

I think this has to do with some of the Chinese gold farmers that were up and about on the Buyan server.

well... who is buying that gold anyway ? There is no point buying gold coins for real money since there are no rare drops from some npc bosses ect.
Whoever spends hours farming lif-gold will only lose money in the end.. :O:

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 11 Apr 2018, 14:09

Barlin wrote:
well... who is buying that gold anyway ? There is no point buying gold coins for real money since there are no rare drops from some npc bosses ect.
Whoever spends hours farming lif-gold will only lose money in the end.. :O:

They dont just sell gold.

They sell leveled accounts, horses, warhorses, hardy, spirited and royal. Weapons, armor, tools.. WHOLE guild locations pre-built.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Igorclark6

Post by Igorclark6 » 13 Apr 2018, 03:26

Thank you, life is feudal team, for showing me that this game is just a cash grab. Players are just migrating to other games and all you have to say is: WE GOT NEW SKINS FOR YOU TO GIVE MORE MONEY TO US. You give no attention to the players needs. Where are the fucking boats? Where is the server stability? Where are the problems we have solved? I'm just tired of you. You guys killed a really nice game. If you even read this, I want you to know that I'm quitting life is feudal for good. Good luck getting some more cash from players. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 13 Apr 2018, 10:35

Igorclark6 wrote:You give no attention to the players needs. Where are the fucking boats? Where is the server stability? Where are the problems we have solved? I'm just tired of you. You guys killed a really nice game. If you even read this, I want you to know that I'm quitting life is feudal for good. Good luck getting some more cash from players.

1. We have stated numerous times already that boats/ships will most likely be implemented closer/after the final release.
2. Server stability isn't something that can be hotfixed with one patch. Improving it is a long process and we are working on it constantly. We have already made a huge progress since the OBT started, and any player who is with us since then can confirm it.

It's always good to check facts before shitposting.

Bonjwa_Adalberga

Post by Bonjwa_Adalberga » 13 Apr 2018, 12:48

I dont get all the shitposting and aggressive tones just because a game in develpoment takes time to actually get to the point where it can be released.

I think people dont really think about the time, effort and energy the team puts into this game.

Are there bigs? Sure. Are there more things to improve? Absolutely. But instead of ranting, practice yourself in patience, report bugs etc. to the team so they know and just try to be a bit more independent to create a better game experience for yourself and a better environment for your fellow players.

++++++

Thanks to the team, I am looking forward to the development of the game and I hope we as players and our suggestions get involved in that process. =)

Skjultland, Bonjwa

Ghofmann2

Post by Ghofmann2 » 13 Apr 2018, 15:45

Bonjwa_Adalberga wrote:I dont get all the shitposting and aggressive tones just because a game in develpoment takes time to actually get to the point where it can be released.

++++++

Thanks to the team, I am looking forward to the development of the game and I hope we as players and our suggestions get involved in that process. =)

Skjultland, Bonjwa

Same here.

Busa.richardalex

Post by Busa.richardalex » 21 Apr 2018, 06:26

Megoldható lehetne az ajándék vásárlás is!?

Taablarna

Post by Taablarna » 21 Apr 2018, 10:40

I, like most of my guild, quit playing after we got our castle pretty much ready, and there was pretty much nothing to do but PVP, and PVP is not really working either, only 10v10 skirmishes are actually playable.

Now I have been checking all new dev news, and there was only those endless new skins and fixing performance issues. I really wished that release of open beta would bring Bobik enough income to hire new guys to make actual game content. For now, many skills and activities are on placeholder state, just waiting to get flesh on them.

I really would love returning to this game.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 21 Apr 2018, 17:04

Taablarna wrote:I, like most of my guild, quit playing after we got our castle pretty much ready, and there was pretty much nothing to do but PVP, and PVP is not really working either, only 10v10 skirmishes are actually playable.

Now I have been checking all new dev news, and there was only those endless new skins and fixing performance issues. I really wished that release of open beta would bring Bobik enough income to hire new guys to make actual game content. For now, many skills and activities are on placeholder state, just waiting to get flesh on them.

I really would love returning to this game.

Well, if you found unplayable to have more than 20 players involved in a battle, you would think performance/issues fixing is the top priority and is very good from that perspective, aye?

Players are always very vocal and angry when developers are releasing more features instead of fixing performance issues and bugs, but now that they're doing exactly that, other people complain? Or is the same people anyway, who are just gonna complain anyway?

And the skin argument is very much empty. At this stage in the game development, skins cost zero programmer time to implement, pretty much only artist time. Fixing the server/performance, at this point, ONLY requires programmer/engineering time and absolutely no artist.

So it seems to me like they may have more artist capacity right now than they have programmer capacity. My guess is that the artists are already done with the bulk of their work on several of the upcoming features and just waiting for the programming team to catch-up in their fixes, performance enhancement, and ultimately new feature implementation. Or something along those lines ;)

Now I'll wholeheartedly agree with you, we need more info on the planned features and what's coming next after the "boring" (but necessary) fixes!

And to hell with that new game mode / ruleset type stuff (see link in my signature) ;)

Return to Development News