Development News #106 — Update Info, New Music and Fat Bees

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #106 — Update Info, New Music and Fat Bees

Post by Arrakis » 31 May 2018, 18:16

Hey, feudalists!

As you might have noticed, this week’s dev news is a bit different - mainly it’s release on Thursday instead of Friday, but today is May 31st, and we have some news that we wanted to share with you ASAP.

First of all, we wanted to let you all know that the First Major Update is going to be delayed; we therefore no longer refer to it as a Major May Update, but rather as the First Major Update (just to clear up any confusion!).

We want to sincerely apologize to each of you - as you know, though, things can be rather unpredictable in this industry, and some things never seem to want to go according to plan!
We absolutely want to deliver the best quality for all the new features, and that’s why we need some more time.

And this time we are super excited to share some information with you! Behold the features for the First Major Update, which we’ve been working on for the last couple of months:

We will provide more details on these features and how they work as we get closer to the update release, so stay tuned!

There is something else that we’d like to share with you — we have a new soundtrack that will be added to the game with the update. Have a look (and listen) at this teaser-trailer, and enjoy the newest tunes from the band Theodor Bastard.

And last but not the least, not only are we a development team, but we’re also trying to support new indie game developers by helping with publishing. We would like to introduce a fun indie game that we helped publish — Disdoored.
Disdoored is a game about survival in a crazy and 100% hand-made plasticine world, packed with plenty of things to do and enjoy. We would appreciate it if you stopped by and would give this charming new game a closer look and offer your support for this game’s launch. This quirky and unique game, along with Life is Feudal: Forest Village, also helps us here at Bitbox to continue to bring you the best possible experience within Life is Feudal.

Have a great weekend!

— The team

Malkbeth

Re: Development News #106 — Update Info, New Music and Fat Bees

Post by Malkbeth » 31 May 2018, 18:37

This seem to be great news. Im pretty sure the united map is a big challenge.

Im worry about something, the slaves will be npc or I could be forced to play as a slave ? Yeah I would play as slave for the fun of it (virtual of course), I would for a while but not for ever. I would be pretty angry to basicly lose a toon.

Varlun

Post by Varlun » 31 May 2018, 19:01

Is this update going to include the long-awaited siege totems? The game is dying because those aren't in. That should be your #1 most pressing issue right now. A lot of people, including myself, are waiting to come back until you get the siege totems in. Game is completely broken without the ability to wage proper warfare.

Nars

Post by Nars » 31 May 2018, 21:12

Sad to see it delayed, but we'll stick around and wait for it. I'm very intrigued about all the pictures, to be true.

Big shout out to you for the new music addition. I think it was much needed. In my opinion there were too few tunes from the beginning. I hope you keep expanding the playlist with time.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP

Post by ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP » 31 May 2018, 21:48

Hopefully you also trying to improve the combat system....and ofc add sieges pls.....

Reedlukow
Devoted Believer

Post by Reedlukow » 31 May 2018, 22:45

can someone please explain to me what a united map is? the first comment seemed to imply it was a known idea but i'm ignorant as to what exactly that is.

SharanaEU
Zealous Believer

Post by SharanaEU » 01 Jun 2018, 00:54

Free character transfers between servers in the same region. Preliminary idea was 1 transfer per week or more if you have premium. To give purpose to all that traveling and to give feeling of the maps being 1 united map there will be something "special" on 1 server that the other will need. How exactly they ended up realizing that on practice we will have to wait and see.

Neverlamer7

Post by Neverlamer7 » 01 Jun 2018, 08:47

Plz patch da YO

Kippkeane2

Post by Kippkeane2 » 01 Jun 2018, 21:37

IF you would have fixed all the PvP garbage you did (at least to telmun server) probably wouldn't have lost our guild of 30 some members. FIX THE PVP make the raiding possible. ladders and such. jesus... and if your so worried about like offline raiding make those slaves npc or whatever protect the bases. screw Judgement hour. make ladders and allow something to happen in this world. make it alive. . . i cant comprehend your thought process at all in some aspects of this game. i really loved it before the lack of end game and lack of pvp. woah an arena.... thats cool and all.... but probably just as pointless.

Millsdo
Zealous Believer

Post by Millsdo » 02 Jun 2018, 02:49

Yeah, I'm sick of PVP work. Time to improve the game for the rest of us non-PVP'ers. I think this is going to be a great start.

Nate884

Post by Nate884 » 02 Jun 2018, 03:01

Thank you for the update!
Very excited to see the major update and look forward to new content and to see what you've been working on up until now.

This game has been and continues to be my all time favorite since I first discovered LiF:YO several years ago. I fell in love with your concept and have always wanted to play a game like this. In just the time that I have been playing YO and now the MMO when it was opened to YO owners, I have seen so many changes and watched the game progress a great deal in just these few years.

Thank you for all you work and not giving up on this awesome project! It's been great to get to play it all along the way and see and be a part of the testing and progress, I am looking forward to this update and see what you have in store next. :beer:

Sunleader

Post by Sunleader » 04 Jun 2018, 00:13

Malkbeth wrote:This seem to be great news. Im pretty sure the united map is a big challenge.

Im worry about something, the slaves will be npc or I could be forced to play as a slave ? Yeah I would play as slave for the fun of it (virtual of course), I would for a while but not for ever. I would be pretty angry to basicly lose a toon.

I doubt it will be Player Slavery.
To begin with the Concept is Impossible.

I got a few Hours per Day to Play.
I wont be Spending these on being a Slave.
So if I got Enslaved it would mean Goodbye Game.
Because I got better things to do then Play a Slave for someone else.

I would Simply Close the Game and they can go Screw themselves. :)

Varlun wrote:Is this update going to include the long-awaited siege totems? The game is dying because those aren't in. That should be your #1 most pressing issue right now. A lot of people, including myself, are waiting to come back until you get the siege totems in. Game is completely broken without the ability to wage proper warfare.

LOL
Yeah. Because Certainly losing your City which you needed Months to Build will certainly make Everyone Happy and cause these Players to Stay in the Game.

Sorry but if you ask me. The Siege Totem should be Scratched entirely or should be Reworked to Force a Tribute or something instead.

Because any Community that Loses its City to Siege will be 99% Guaranteed to Leave the Game for Good and never come Back.

Same for the other Demands to make PCs Vulnearble.
Sorry if you really think that this will cause anyone to Go into PvP or come out of Hiding in their PC then your simply Delusional.

All you will get is that these People will leave the Game for Good as soon as they lose their Claim or something on it.

Players Play for Fun.
Not to be Content for RPKs and Griefers.
Try to Force em into being Content for RPKs and they will be gone faster than you can even ask them why they left.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 04 Jun 2018, 00:45

Nice update, glad to be getting some more details.

So NPCs are out of scopes for this update, or are there other major features left to be announced?
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Varlun

Post by Varlun » 05 Jun 2018, 00:07

Geez the carebears are still out in force despite the game literally actually dying because towns can't be destroyed. No seriously, though. Do you know what happens if your town gets destroyed? Pack up and move in with your biggest ally. Then fight back. Life goes on. LIFE IS FEUDAL. Besides, due to how expensive the siege totems will be, it's unlikely that smaller towns will be targeted.

Ribau1

Post by Ribau1 » 05 Jun 2018, 03:24

I will not play this game if i'm a slave,not going to happen.....

Nars

Post by Nars » 05 Jun 2018, 09:34

I am amazed with all of you who actually check the dev blogs and take the time to write a reply threatening that you won't keep playing if this and that.. But don't care to inform yourself a little bit.
JUST STOP SPECULATING!!
You hear about slaves and suddenly feel threatened? If you hear about boats you'll just assume you'll be rowing all day?

Chill, people.. As far as I know, nobody will play as a slave for any other player, although a little 'enslaved' tag would not be bad for some of you whiners.

Tyszczyk
True Believer

Re: Rozwój News #106 — Zaktualizuj informacje, Nowa muzyka oraz Fat pszczoły

Post by Tyszczyk » 05 Jun 2018, 14:41

https://imgur.com/a/kgpni1v

More info for dispelling speculation;)

Paulchatterton
Zealous Believer

Post by Paulchatterton » 06 Jun 2018, 17:41

This update is a huge disappointment. Some time ago, Bobik indicated that the May release would include PvE content, but it seems that it doesn't.

My guild, on Epleland, has never been very interested in PvP, and everyone in the guild has got bored with crafting. Unfortunately, there's nothing much left to do once you remove those, so the guild has been mothballed for a couple of months, waiting for the promised PvE content in this update. I guess we won't be coming back yet, now we know there there's no new content.

Return to Development News