Development News #107 — Red, Green, and Something in Between

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #107 — Red, Green, and Something in Between

Post by Arrakis » 08 Jun 2018, 17:14

Hey, feudalists!

This week we continued working on the patch, and we’re getting closer and closer to polishing and finishing it. Meanwhile, as many of you have noticed, we released a landing page about all the key features that will come with the First Major Update, so that you have some idea what’s it going to be about. Thanks a lot for your interest and feedback!

After the release of this info page about the First Major Update of LiF:MMO, we have received a lot of questions from our players, so we would like to answer the most frequently asked in today’s blog.

First of all, we want to provide a list of how each world will be colored:
  • Avalon - Red
  • Epleland - Green
  • Skjultland - Green
  • Iriy - Green
  • Buyan - Red
  • Telmun - Green
Secondly, there were a lot of concerns about how hardcore the red worlds will be from the PvP standpoint, so we would like to provide you with a list of things that will be features of Red worlds:
  • Slaves
  • Baromsag
  • There will be no private claims. We want to warn all players on the Avalon and Buyan to feed their claims now before the patch and consider preparing to move to any green world in their region.
  • DURING Judgment Hour:
    • On T2,T3,T4 Town Claims raiders are allowed to: Take horses, loot graves and bags, pick up movable objects with timers, open Trade Cart inventories, Open Movable Objects inventories, raise/lower terrain, сut down trees, build traps and other combat constructions and some other minor actions.
    • On T1 Town Claims and Realm Claims raiders are allowed to do everything that is listed above plus: damage and destroy unmovable objects (including the T1 guild monument itself!), hijack Trade Carts, lift up and destroy movable objects, open and manage coops, barns and stables.
  • OUTSIDE of Judgment Hour, nothing listed above is allowed. The only thing that is allowed is all types of boosting over the walls: siege barkboxes, horse jumps, siege trade cart etc.
Green worlds will have the same set of JH and noJH rules that are in the current version of the game, just with some additional protection of:
  • God’s protection that will work outside of JHs and bump every player outside of the Town claim borders if this player does not have “Can enter” allowance
  • No Guild monument can be destroyed unless the guild that owns the monument become a Derelict guild through the mechanics of Ostracism
Thank you for your feedback, support and faith in us!

Last, but not certainly not least: there are NO WIPES planned at this time.

And the very last, but still not even the least: we plan to move the Iriy world into the EU region. Server hardware will be located in the same geographic region (Moscow) and primetime settings and all other settings will stay the same. Such a move will allow us to easily connect Iriy with the other worlds in the EU region, enabling the transfer of characters right away! Once the First Major Patch is released, Iriy players will be part of the newly combined conglomerate of worlds meaning that they will be able to transfer their characters, trade and chat with other players in the other worlds of the EU region. Iriy players can expect about 4 hours downtime on Wednesday, June 13th, when we will be doing this transfer.

Have a great weekend, feudalists — and don’t forget, we have a couple of events on Skjutland and Epleland to keep you busy

— The team

Bronn_andre

Re: Development News #107 — Red, Green, and Something in Between

Post by Bronn_andre » 08 Jun 2018, 17:29

"God’s protection that will work outside of JHs and bump every player outside of the Town claim borders if this player does not have “Can enter” allowance" wtf is this

Guisamways

Post by Guisamways » 08 Jun 2018, 17:32

How many and how long will be JH in the red worlds?

Discochrisco88

Post by Discochrisco88 » 08 Jun 2018, 17:34

You've just lost a fair amount of your already small player base with this bullshit.

Slamzbootspike

Post by Slamzbootspike » 08 Jun 2018, 17:46

Clarification needed:
When you say "trade cart" does this also include the horse cart?

Rbr1

Post by Rbr1 » 08 Jun 2018, 17:46

So with this being said and my world going to be forced into RED. I don't want to play on a RED world will you be offering free transfers to the GREEN world?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 08 Jun 2018, 17:49

Rbr1 wrote:So with this being said and my world going to be forced into RED. I don't want to play on a RED world will you be offering free transfers to the GREEN world?

Yep, you will be able to move between worlds freely. So if you don't want to be on Red world, you can just move to a Green one.

Falcion
True Believer

Post by Falcion » 08 Jun 2018, 17:49

Am I reading this right? bark box ladders will be back on red worlds? Also outside of JH?
Well, this will be nice...someone barging in on 3AM hiding in some dark corner of the castle and wiating to suprise you on JH :P

Federicogjm

Post by Federicogjm » 08 Jun 2018, 17:53

PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE WITH JH IN THE GREEN WORLD. I HAVE STARTED PLAYING AT A PVE SERVER WITHOUT JH (EPLELAND) AND I HAVE BUILT A HUGE OPEN CITY WITHOUT WALLS OR ANYTHING I HAVE NO CHARACTER WITH COMBAT SKILLS BECAUSE I DO NOT INTEREST, I DO NOT HAVE A WAY TO PROTECT EVERYTHING I HAVE BUILT AND DURING THE JH CAN ENTER TO STEAL AND DESTROY ALL MY CITY OR KILL MY CHARACTERS, I HAVE ALL THE PROFESSIONS BUT NO COMBAT BECAUSE I HAVE CHOSEN FROM THE START A SERVER PVE AND NO PVP.

IT IS UNFAIR AND INSANE THAT YOU OBLIGE TO US TO PLAY A GAME STYLE THAT FROM THE START WE HAVE NOT CHOSEN.

WITH THIS YOU ARE LOADING THE GAME PLEASE STOP NOW WITH THIS INSANITY

KPEBETKA
True Believer

Post by KPEBETKA » 08 Jun 2018, 17:55

I wish good luck to "the team". You will need it!

Helleri

Post by Helleri » 08 Jun 2018, 17:55

For red worlds I think personal claims would be fine as long as they are siegable on JH and cost a lot more to maintain.

Also people are already talking about burying stuff. Maybe make it so durability of objects that are under ground (say 90% or more buried) goes down a lot slower.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford.

Silwen

Post by Silwen » 08 Jun 2018, 18:01

Personal claim was one of the bonuses gained by paying a premium. How do you compensate for Red Servers players?

Slamzbootspike

Post by Slamzbootspike » 08 Jun 2018, 18:02

Federicogjm wrote:PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE WITH JH IN THE GREEN WORLD

They haven't stated what the JH schedules are going to be.

I assume they may still vary by world and Epeland may not have a JH at all, in which case not much changes for them.

Silwen wrote:Personal claim was one of the bonuses gained by paying a premium. How do you compensate for Red Servers players?

You raise a good point. I subscribe because I use a lot of personal claims and also for the insurance. I don't really need the skill bonuses anymore.

If I have no further need for personal claims (Buyan) then I will probably cancel my subscription and just purchase the insurance I need.

Frankly the subscription fee has never really been easy to justify. (They should consider doing like Planetside 2 and subscribers also get $10 worth of store-cash every month, for using their subscription to acquire skins and such.)

Soulfly006
Zealous Believer

Post by Soulfly006 » 08 Jun 2018, 18:06

for the ones that are forced to move to green...we can only hold what we can carry or are we able to take horsecart or whatever to green ?

Soulfly006
Zealous Believer

Post by Soulfly006 » 08 Jun 2018, 18:16

Arrakis wrote:
Rbr1 wrote:So with this being said and my world going to be forced into RED. I don't want to play on a RED world will you be offering free transfers to the GREEN world?

Yep, you will be able to move between worlds freely. So if you don't want to be on Red world, you can just move to a Green one.

can we have more info on how the transistion goes ?

Ichorousmo

Post by Ichorousmo » 08 Jun 2018, 19:16

I am also very interested in the transition for red worlds.

- Will personal claims in the Red Worlds instantly disappear when this update goes live, or will there be some kind of grace period?

- Will there be some kind of countdown to the update, or will it just happen suddenly? I would appreciate at least a week's notice of the launch date so that I can make final preparations for relocation.

- Are the limitations on world transfer frequency at the character level or the account level (can all my subbed characters on the same account transfer twice per week)?

Slamzbootspike

Post by Slamzbootspike » 08 Jun 2018, 19:20

Really need clarification if lootable "trade carts" means literally "trader carts" or also includes horse carts.

Also, just to be sure, warehouses cannot be opened by the enemy?

We all have a lot of storage to plan and move before the patch goes live so the quicker we can get clarification, the better.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 08 Jun 2018, 20:15

Ichorousmo wrote:I am also very interested in the transition for red worlds.

1 - Will personal claims in the Red Worlds instantly disappear when this update goes live, or will there be some kind of grace period?

2 - Will there be some kind of countdown to the update, or will it just happen suddenly? I would appreciate at least a week's notice of the launch date so that I can make final preparations for relocation.

3 - Are the limitations on world transfer frequency at the character level or the account level (can all my subbed characters on the same account transfer twice per week)?

1. Once the update goes live, you will no longer be able to feed the monument. It will collapse naturally once the support points run out.

2. We most likely will inform you some time before the update goes live so you can prepare.

3. Per character.

Slamzbootspike wrote:Really need clarification if lootable "trade carts" means literally "trader carts" or also includes horse carts.

Also, just to be sure, warehouses cannot be opened by the enemy?

We all have a lot of storage to plan and move before the patch goes live so the quicker we can get clarification, the better.

It concerns Horse carts as well. Warehouses cannot be opened, so you should store your goods there.

Slamzbootspike

Post by Slamzbootspike » 08 Jun 2018, 20:46

Loophole in slavery:

Currently my guild consists of about 60 characters in 3 guilds.

My plan is to have one of my guilds declare war on the other two.

During JH, we will all log in, swap characters around and farm each other for slaves. I see that we are limited to doing this once per 2 game days so really every day there is a JH we can do this.

We're going to have 60 slaves per JH if we want em. No cost.

Is this intended?

If not you might want to set the timer to more like 20 game days rather than 2, which at least slows down how often we can do this.

Realistically I think you should remove player farming for slaves and make people get them from outposts.

Camilo_2107

Post by Camilo_2107 » 08 Jun 2018, 21:22

HEY DEVS...people is leaving the server, and with this red/green 90% of current pop gonna leave the game too....you should ask first instead of setting stupids updates..

Nate884

Post by Nate884 » 08 Jun 2018, 21:41

Thanks for the updates!

May I ask if there are also some minor content updates coming with the major patch or will that be future?

And by that I mean items and such. Obviously, there are the new outposts and I suppose maybe churches? But are there also some other items or buildings to look forward to as well?

Thanks for all the hard work, look forward to testing the new update and providing feedback to polish it after release :beer:

Flirgar

Post by Flirgar » 08 Jun 2018, 22:15

How will I move my warehouse, my home, my high quality crafting gear, tables, trade house, horse carts, etc. off of my PCs from a Red to Green server? There's a way to do this, right? I mean, you wouldn't just screw you premium paying account holders who mainly pay it now for the 150 tile PCs? Right? RIGHT?

Rank
Zealous Believer

Post by Rank » 08 Jun 2018, 22:41

Great idea, improperly executed. It's been nice LiF, but it won't be much longer.
Veteran of the Psychic Wars. A rugged individualist with a distrust of authority ... and a heavily armed spaceship.

Monco

Post by Monco » 09 Jun 2018, 01:43

Barkboxing and boosting are BACK boys!
6 months later, the war against drying frame walls is finally won.

Veteranstr

Post by Veteranstr » 09 Jun 2018, 04:49

Please NO JH in EPLELAND ! Its PVE server ! I choosed it in purpose also we have built an open village with no walls. If you force people JH rules in Epleland i know many people will Quit playing.

TastyBeast

Post by TastyBeast » 09 Jun 2018, 07:03

Arrakis wrote:And something in between

I completely agree with separation of PvE and PvP players into different servers. But in my opinion separation of PvE and PvP content is worst for this game.
It will no longer be hardcore.
With this in mind i want to ask, what is IN BETWEEN? Can all production somehow be done in green worlds and goods transferred to red worlds?

In post earlier "the team" stated, that you can trade between worlds with trading posts. How will this work? Can you please clarify this?

Ilja
Zealous Believer

Post by Ilja » 09 Jun 2018, 07:09

There is no such thing as PVE in Life is Feudal, all the crafting is for the effort of PVP. Even when we gonna get natives, their settlements will be pvp hubs. If u are non combat person, solo player, or whatever else, build your stuff in such way its defendable/not worth to attack or find a lord who will protect you. This is the time where u guys have to realize that JH is integral part of the game. Its a soft wipe for many players and opportunity to start over without the mistakes of the past. Finally its time for actual Feudal systems with overlords and subjects to take over.

Neverlamer7

Post by Neverlamer7 » 09 Jun 2018, 10:22

PLZ PATCH DA YO, OR GIVE IT TO OUTSORCE

Xarrazz

Post by Xarrazz » 09 Jun 2018, 13:57

Ilja wrote:There is no such thing as PVE in Life is Feudal, all the crafting is for the effort of PVP. Even when we gonna get natives, their settlements will be pvp hubs. If u are non combat person, solo player, or whatever else, build your stuff in such way its defendable/not worth to attack or find a lord who will protect you. This is the time where u guys have to realize that JH is integral part of the game. Its a soft wipe for many players and opportunity to start over without the mistakes of the past. Finally its time for actual Feudal systems with overlords and subjects to take over.

This, why do you try to please everybody dear devs? Because if don't get it, you can't, if you try you will just piss off everybody and your game will die.

Yotoni
Zealous Believer

Post by Yotoni » 09 Jun 2018, 14:43

[quote="Arrakis"]

:lol: 8-)

Return to Development News