Development News #107 — Red, Green, and Something in Between

What are we currently working on.
Barlin
True Believer

Re: Development News #107 — Red, Green, and Something in Between

Post by Barlin » 18 Jun 2018, 22:22

Arrakis wrote:
Barlin wrote:What happened to my characters on the CIS newbie server ??? bitbox just deleted them ?

Characters on CIS newbie island were removed upon merging with EU, yes.

What a shame. I had some chars with names I really liked. I wanted to upgrade at least a few of them :(

Btw. People who bought tickets on ava and Ivy have now up to 20 chars if I am not mistaken ?
Does that mean the max chars limit will be moved up for everyone or will only these accounts be able to have 10+ chars ?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 19 Jun 2018, 19:06

Players that had more than 5 characters on EU and more than 5 characters on CIS will still retain their characters after the region merge - any of these characters can be selected from the launcher.

Rorig2
Zealous Believer

Post by Rorig2 » 19 Jun 2018, 22:57

With God's Protection being an additional thing added to guilds on the Green servers am I understanding this correctly that walls on a green server are no longer necessary because, people not in the guild will just be bounced off of the land with the exception of JH of course?

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 20 Jun 2018, 17:32

Arrakis wrote:Players that had more than 5 characters on EU and more than 5 characters on CIS will still retain their characters after the region merge - any of these characters can be selected from the launcher.

So you mean that Buyan won't get more JHs? Why?
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Barlin

Post by Barlin » 21 Jun 2018, 18:02

This seems to be pretty messy...

More details would be great so that less people ask questions and waste the devs time.

- what exactly is possible during the JH after the patch ?
- How big are outpost claims and do they need to have ressources nearby ?
- will there be a maximal character increase since some People already have over ten on one account

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 25 Jun 2018, 21:36

HolyAvengerOne wrote:
Arrakis wrote:Players that had more than 5 characters on EU and more than 5 characters on CIS will still retain their characters after the region merge - any of these characters can be selected from the launcher.

So you mean that Buyan won't get more JHs? Why?

I don't know why you won't answer this at all...
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Scorcho66

Post by Scorcho66 » 28 Jun 2018, 08:45

Arrakis wrote:We are not planning JH on Epleland at the moment.

Then I would like to ask you once again. How will the outposts work on Epleland without JH??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 29 Jun 2018, 00:06

Scorcho66 wrote:
Arrakis wrote:We are not planning JH on Epleland at the moment.

Then I would like to ask you once again. How will the outposts work on Epleland without JH??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Not sure if you noticed, but they don't answer JH questions anymore...

Vlandddd

Post by Vlandddd » 26 Jul 2018, 07:17

PvP servers are literally dying. Don't let this new great update sink!!
Let me tell you why I think few adjustments can help this new update rock!!

I recently moved to a PvP server, looking for a fresh start. I was tired of been one more guy in a big guild, tired of people hitting each other foot for skills points, and having everything already up (buildings,walls...). Also, I am a big fan of hard-core PvP, which is why I decided to move to Buyan.

My main player is well developed in the game, but I gotta tell you that has been really hard to make any progress in terms of building and maintaining a settlement. Even with friends.

First, Buyan had a significant loss in the number of native players. Lots of folks decided to move to PvE servers. I have been traveling looking for small guilds to join but it's quite difficult to find something. When you find, you better speak some other language. I don't see how people are putting up new monuments and forming new guilds in this server. Unless this is not the plan on dev's mind. Perhaps lowering the required number of members to place a guild monument. Instead of ten, how about six?

Second, the new update removes the ability to have private monuments. In my opinion, this feature is fundamental for the flourish of new players. Until you meet friends, form your 10 buddies guild, you will need a "safe" place to hold on. It doesn't need to be the same feature, but at least an option to lock the freaking door or gate. Give us some protection against little thieves. Limit the number of private monuments to one. Something like that would be much appreciated. I understand the reason for extinguish private monuments but until the guilds are back and active, the existence of private claims are crucial for new players.

Last, with the migration of many guilds, the server was left with lots of acres of terraforming. It comes to a point that when you open the map, you won't find empty plot without sign of ancient guilds nearby (terraforming, walls, pavement...). I believe this could be repaired easily, specially when this could enhance the new PvP servers and attract more folks back.

Just some ideas, I really like the game since first day played.

Return to Development News