Is this Game Dead?

General discussion about Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Youcanemailryan

Is this Game Dead?

Post by Youcanemailryan » 10 Mar 2018, 23:40

So I started playing this game awhile ago and I love it. its a great game that has worlds of possibilities but lately I have noticed a lack of support by the devs, being that the last update was in late 2017. have they given up on your own in pursuit of the Subscription based income of MMO? Will there be more updates and do you intend to continue to support LIF:YO? - A Concerned Gamer

Arrakis

Location: Sparksvaard, the middle world; the world of people.

Re: Is this Game Dead?

Post by Arrakis » 15 Mar 2018, 12:10

We didn't give up on YO. We just have to concentrate on the MMO fixes for now. But later on, we will continue on releasing new patches for LiF:YO with fixes, tweaks etc.

QuinnRavenclaw
Zealous Believer

Post by QuinnRavenclaw » 17 Apr 2018, 13:07

It would be great to implement the new clothing from the mmo into yo as well as perhaps some more decorative items to put in houses, keeps, etc...and what ever happened to the concept of tree people npcs, etc?

AthaloGaelin

Post by AthaloGaelin » 18 May 2018, 00:50

Sure seems like we at YO have been forgotten. We completely understand the precedence of the MMO. Many of us, including myself, have been with you since 2014 and we know all of this has ultimately been for the MMO release... but,

Life is Feudal YO was left in a very lonely state, and we made the MMO possible. I do believe that with every major patch, like the one you're releasing this month, you SHOULD feel at least somewhat obligated to give YO something too. Even a small patch. A working trading post. Realistic crafting object durability so everything isn't breaking at 50%. A simple fix or balance or two.

I do not believe we are being unreasonable in asking the development team to remember who WE are, and give us and YO a fraction of your attention and love. We appreciate you guys, you know? Thank you.

Arrakis

Location: Sparksvaard, the middle world; the world of people.

Post by Arrakis » 18 May 2018, 01:29

YO patch is being prepared along the way and we'll release an update as soon as possible.

Lifwarrior
True Believer

Post by Lifwarrior » 09 Jul 2018, 21:17

sry to say it but this game is dead since MMo was out to test... it s sad but the true reality i mean I wanted to bring my YO server back to life but when I saw the patches I changed my mind man it s really sad that we (the guys who helped that game rise) are almost completly ignored by the devs, months ago it wasn t like this like at least a mod answerd the treads for YO STEAM Forum but look at it now, this really makes me sad and it makes me loose my motivation to work on new Mods, 3D Buildings and player interactions.
Now look at the patches, Arrakis you said months ago patch is incoming... where is it? the last one was in Oktober 17th 2017 ... I hope Saxon, Arrakis or other Moderators/admins see this message but i doubt they will just ignore it.
That was just my point of view, have a good day/evening

Neverlamer7

Post by Neverlamer7 » 10 Jul 2018, 16:22

Hire more programmers to deal with YO patches and keep concentrating in MMO, what the problem? Ah, somebody that don't want any changes and very busy with MMO just don't have time for it, no? Cuz he exactly know how much headache it cost and how it profitless... Just doing money and being busy all the the time is much rewardable...

Anier

Post by Anier » 20 Jul 2018, 18:02

Hi,

I wondered about this last year, and then, finally, a major patch with some CONTENT, and even some fixes after that.

Now, how about some new content?

Ckraft
Zealous Believer

Post by Ckraft » 27 Jul 2018, 23:24

I have gotten my money's worth out of YO but, like others, can't continue with YO without patches. I fully understand that MMO makes or breaks BitBox and that must be the priority. Stable that playerbase and product and perhaps come back to YO. Team BitBox, I think you have a loyal enough YO group that we would pay you for a patch. Perhaps some form of YO server update where you can pull in some income to offset the cost. Ring fence one dev perhaps and show us a trickle. This product fits a gap that no other product does. Monetize us and continue both tracks...please! Even a YO TLC Kickstarter campaign. Let us show you if its worth it! I'm not ready to give up on YO but I'm not playing it (or MMO currently) unless YO gets some love.

WestArcher

Post by WestArcher » 05 Nov 2018, 20:08

To be honest I fully believe YO is the only reasonable long term future for this game.

PS: Please bring over the new music to YO as well!

Return to General Discussion