Can t build the guild monument. Help

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Barlin

Can t build the guild monument. Help

Post by Barlin » 28 Dec 2017, 11:12

Hi,

I tried to build a guild monument yesterday, but it didn t work. I got the message "God doesn t allow you to claim this land" (rough translation from the German messsage "Gott erlaubt es dir nicht, diese Ländereien in Besitz zu nehmen").
There is a single-player-monument nearby, but that shouldn t be a problem, right ?

RetroLogi

Re: Can t build the guild monument. Help

Post by RetroLogi » 28 Dec 2017, 11:59

If there is a Personal Claim near you, you must place it at a distance of 50 tiles (approximately) from it. there is a rule that prohibits to place monument if it will overlap any private claim.

https://lifeisfeudal.zendesk.com/hc/en- ... d-monument

Barlin

Post by Barlin » 28 Dec 2017, 15:41

thx... what a joke. I thought the guild monument is supposed to overrule the private claims ? Right now it seems to be a much better idea to just build lots of private claims, u would be safe even in the jh ...-.-

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 28 Dec 2017, 19:16

Only Realm Claim can grow over the private claims, but that takes time.

Velius

Post by Velius » 28 Dec 2017, 20:21

Barlin wrote:thx... what a joke. I thought the guild monument is supposed to overrule the private claims ? Right now it seems to be a much better idea to just build lots of private claims, u would be safe even in the jh ...-.-

They do, but they need to grow and envelope the claim in order to dissolve it. After several groups of griefers went on a rampage obliterating private claims and razing them to the grounds that was found to be a most-needed change. It prevents a group of 10 people from instantly annihilating claims, and also ensures that only an actual, viable guild can dissolve a personal claim.

Also, realize you are basically stating that you fully-intended to grief your neighbors with your above post. I do hope they do not recognize your name as they might get a bit unhappy over that prospect.

Barlin

Post by Barlin » 28 Dec 2017, 23:13

"griefers went on a rampage obliterating private claims and razing them to the grounds" - I get ur point, but dont see how that was bad. lif has always been a game where u needed to work together with others and where solo players have been pretty much been powerless (to some extend).
Now private claims are spammed all over the maps, blocking huge areas. How can u still say "life is feudal" after one guy can prevent a hundred from settling somewhere ?

Well, I guess its good news for the guys who thought about buying extra chars to create a guild. U can safe the money and just build private claims - in fact, that way u might be even better off

IamHe

Post by IamHe » 28 Dec 2017, 23:39

Barlin wrote:"griefers went on a rampage obliterating private claims and razing them to the grounds" - I get ur point, but dont see how that was bad. lif has always been a game where u needed to work together with others and where solo players have been pretty much been powerless (to some extend).
Now private claims are spammed all over the maps, blocking huge areas. How can u still say "life is feudal" after one guy can prevent a hundred from settling somewhere ?

Well, I guess its good news for the guys who thought about buying extra chars to create a guild. U can safe the money and just build private claims - in fact, that way u might be even better off

which part of "Realm Claim can grow over the private claims, but that takes time" didnt you understand? guild claims are the clear superior ones but personal claims have minimal defense against griefers that are not willing to put in a bit of time and effort

Velius

Post by Velius » 28 Dec 2017, 23:52

IamHe wrote:
Barlin wrote:which part of "Realm Claim can grow over the private claims, but that takes time" didnt you understand? guild claims are the clear superior ones but personal claims have minimal defense against griefers that are not willing to put in a bit of time and effort

To be fair, the way it was before there was no defense against the tactic they were using. Even if you surrounded your personal claim with castle walls (in which case you might need to seek professional help) it wouldn't matter, as the group could just plant their monument down on the very edge against your claim and the guild would dissolve your claim from the inside out

Xsarec

Post by Xsarec » 02 Feb 2018, 20:05

Yea the Chinese in one of the server nodes put up some guild claims then they put personal claims everywhere blocking out any guild from being in the server node.....smart actually.
Xsarec Rothgar - www.encursion.com

Jon_The_Mediocre
Devoted Believer

Post by Jon_The_Mediocre » 07 Aug 2018, 04:41

On green servers you can now build a guild claim on or near personal claims as long as you have "can build" permissions on the personal. So if the personal claims are yours and/or your buddies then each personal claim just need to give the guild permissions (in the personal claim tab) and you can place your guild monument.

And yes, many Chinese guilds seem to be very resourceful and intelligent. My guild is allied with the major Chinese coalition. The United Nations of Buyan are group of guilds including Chinese guilds, Euro, and American guilds who have banned together to try to stop the Feudal Union domination from ruining the game in North America. Active playerbase on Buyan is way down, from 3,000 at primetime to like 500. I still love the game, but as fewer and fewer people continue to play the MMO due to Feudal Union douchebaggery, the world feels more dead and empty, especially in a small guild... as most guilds are these days.

Return to General Discussion