Epleland and Outposts

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Andrewpworks

Epleland and Outposts

Post by Andrewpworks » 07 Sep 2018, 17:55

Something needs to be done about the horror that is the world Epleland and outposts. They cannot be destroyed and any other outside factor other then if someone that built it wants to destroy it..

1) An outpost cannot be destoryed, unless the guild that built it right clicks to destroy it.
This means even if the guild has stopped playing and their monument has been destroyed, the outpost will still stand, because mechanics.

2) Outposts have littered the map almost to it's entirely. A new guild or group of players cannot even find a spot to start playing because there is a outpost just about every 100-200 tiles in some servers. It's ridiculous. And spots that aren't taken? Outposts will keep slowly taking up all the room and until there is no more spots left. Is this intended for Epleland?

3) No outside war factor can destroy a outpost currently on Epleland. I was a vote on having a no JH rule on Epleland because it's a role play server and not like Avalon or Buyan.. it's why I came here in the first place.

I don't care for terms like carebear, I don't care for the grindy mechanics this game has presented. I have fun playing this game, but outposts have made it ridiculous on Epleland. I would just like the DEVS to reevaluate the system that is in place for Epleland. I propose the following solution to my rant, one that others have presented before.

1) Limit Outposts for guild size:
Tier 1 claim can have 1 outpost.

Tier 2 claim can have 2 outposts.

Etc.

2) Outposts can only be built in the server that your guild exsists in.
This allows more trade, reduces guilds building outposts on the other side of the map.

3) Revamp warfare system, make Epleland it's own entity.
Haven't thought to far about the warfare system, I know it's been brought up before. But I do believe Epleland should just be it's own entity, it is a role play server after all.

That's the end of my rant, not sure what else to tack on, i'm sure others have better ideas but it's something I've wanted to get off my chest.

OakChronicles

Re: Epleland and Outposts

Post by OakChronicles » 10 Sep 2018, 06:07

We just need "Light-JH" mechanics - JH which allows to conquer outposts, destroy private claims in influence zone and derelicted guilds, but not realm claim objects destruction.

Monco

Re: Epleland and Outposts

Post by Monco » 11 Sep 2018, 15:27

Outposts in Epleland are a major problem and people have been saying it for months but nothing has been done so far, even scarier is the fact that Bobik said that it was an "intended mechanic" to have them produce freely in Epleland and transferring stuff to other worlds.

If he believed that to be a good mechanic, then I assure you we will never ever see a properly working economy in this game.

Hmm I have to decide where to place my automatic free production between a server in which they can be destroyed or captured or a server which allows them to be 100% protected and always functioning, I wonder where I'm going to place them...

Epleland Map:
https://imgur.com/a/JgZny0k

Avalon Map:
https://imgur.com/a/wkleTpQ

I wonder why Epleland has so many outposts, oh wait I get it, it must be because they use them to roleplay...

And they were to work as hotspots for PvP interactions and you were to be able to damage your "enemy economy" by capturing or destroying them
https://lifeisfeudal.com/First-major-update/

Easy and immediate types of fixes:
-make Epleland a standalone world (best one imo, that server is too protected to be able to interact with other ones without any limitation and it will always be exploited)
-remove outposts from Epleland

Return to General Discussion