One of the most important features in today’s patch is the new mechanism that prevents building those absurdly long sleeping bag bridges on claims where you’re not allowed to drop movable objects. Now, if you carry an object on your back and switch to the warstance, you’ll get knocked down or do anything that forces the movable object to fall down on the ground, this object will be packed in the Drop bag without collision instead of being a 3D object with collision. We plan to improve this mechanism with further iterations to prevent the creation of unrealistic piles of movable objects in the game.
Another important part of the update is that we have made Outposts more resistant to siege damage. We want players to contest and fight for the ownership of the outposts instead of allowing one-sapper-charge guerilla griefing.
Last but not least, we’re deploying important fixes for some random server node crossing bugs along with other bug fixes and optimizations.
Patch Notes (ver. 0.13.14.0):
New Features and Tweaks:
- Movable objects that are carried on the back are now dropped in a loot bag instead of being dropped as a 3D object with collision
- Outposts’ siege damage resistance has been significantly increased
- Players that have entered the Town Claim or Outpost Claim outside of the JH period will be booted out to the border of those claims, if they log in DURING the JH period
- Some info messages now contain the ‘i’ icon. New players can click on it in order to open the according game help page to learn more about the message contents
- Inventory crafting is now accessible via the ‘O’ hotkey. On some older clients users may have to manually assign this key
- A popup warning message will now prevent new players from creating characters with unused skill/stats points
- Reworked some starting Newbie Island quests
- Added some user-friendly improvements to the building construction window
- Tweaked and improved some bow models and textures
- Made a series of server node border crossing bug fixes
- Fixed an interface presets saving bug
- Objects that are removed from the Trading Post due to exceeded storage capacity are now also removed from the Market
- Fixed a server crash
- Fixed female resting animation bug
- The Esc and console screen will still display properly even when Screenshot mode is active
- Some minor multi-thread calculation optimizations