Band/solo guild using alternative characters

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Astor.niit

Band/solo guild using alternative characters

Post by Astor.niit » 08 Sep 2018, 17:29

I bought this game last new year's to play with a few of my friends and we loved it! but we gave up on it when we realized you couldn't really get anywhere without a guild (which we were far too few for).

I just recently heard someone saying you could buy more tickets and use your alternative characters to boost your numbers enough to build a guild monument! Is that true? I know it would be expensive to buy so many tickets and it would be a crazy grind to maintain a guild monument with only a few actual guild members, but can alt characters join the same guild to make a monument?

Also,

how does housing for alts work? Can they bind to the same house, or does my guild need 10 huts until we can build better houses?
Though I suppose we don't need to bring all our alts together until we have proper houses and need more characters for specialized professions? We can just make them join the guild and then leave them where they spawn until we're "otherwise inclined"!

Sorry if you consider this a "cheesy" method instead of joining a larger guild, but we were just hoping to play in our small group..

Darkcleric

Re: Band/solo guild using alternative characters

Post by Darkcleric » 08 Sep 2018, 17:50

hey,i solo,i tried joining a guild,its was do this do that, all this work for them and you get nothing for it, so i made 7 char with some friends we made our guild,you will need to make sure that your chars get rights from your clam char.also clams cost gold/silver/copper,cut trees and sell to crown for that, for house you will need one per char,or do what i do,that is clam the house when i log on each char,i run 2 personal clams and one guild that work for me,i use 2 house for respawn just clam house when i log,however there may be C/D on house not sure been some time since i done it :)

regards

SonofKitt
Zealous Believer

Post by SonofKitt » 08 Sep 2018, 17:53

Very achievable. You need 10 characters obviously. Depends on your country of original for the prices. Roughly 10$ USD per ticket but developers often have both tickets and Gods Favor on onsale so you can often get them for 1/2 price or more.

If you are going alone it will be harder but not impossible.
With a T1 monument, you can feed it coin or items. With T2, you can only feed it coin for it to stay up. If building huts (which are easy), yes you will need 10 huts. But small houses can hold 3, so you would only need three of them, obviously they are a bit harder to build but ultimately they are better. Just dont die and you wont need houses. Tip- carry torch to whack wolves away, two whacks should get them to run. If it doesnt work (might still be bugged), hit flee and gtfo.

In terms of maintaining your monument, there are smart ways to get coin and slow ways. To start with, if you have no skills, get one of your toons to like 60 natures law and hunting and fish for a couple of hours and then cook it all through natures law. Focus on salmon/(codfish-i think) as they give you 10x/8x food per fish. Sell this to crown to make money. Ultimately you find high quality trees and chop them down and saw building logs. Not very efficent but you get okay ish coin for minimum skills. If you have high carpentry, make staffs from boards. These sell much better.

If you are starting fresh, d recomend going Green as you can only earn coin on red servers though the arena, you are unlikely to win as a new person. On green you can sell items to the crown through a trader post to make coin to feed your monument.

Wooden walls are easier to build now, so id do that.

Sunleader

Post by Sunleader » 09 Sep 2018, 22:09

Astor.niit wrote:I bought this game last new year's to play with a few of my friends and we loved it! but we gave up on it when we realized you couldn't really get anywhere without a guild (which we were far too few for).

I just recently heard someone saying you could buy more tickets and use your alternative characters to boost your numbers enough to build a guild monument! Is that true? I know it would be expensive to buy so many tickets and it would be a crazy grind to maintain a guild monument with only a few actual guild members, but can alt characters join the same guild to make a monument?

Also,

how does housing for alts work? Can they bind to the same house, or does my guild need 10 huts until we can build better houses?
Though I suppose we don't need to bring all our alts together until we have proper houses and need more characters for specialized professions? We can just make them join the guild and then leave them where they spawn until we're "otherwise inclined"!

Sorry if you consider this a "cheesy" method instead of joining a larger guild, but we were just hoping to play in our small group..

This is Perfectly Possible.
In Fact by now I am involuntarily keeping our Guild Monument all alone.

We were 4 guys.
And at start just went without a Monument.
Threw up an Earth Wall around our Claims etc.

Then we Bought Additional Tickets and at some Point were with like 12 Characters among the 4 of us.

The Monument we Build inside our already Established Base still stand despite me by now being the only one left.

A Tier 1 Monument is really Cheap.
Its almost too Cheap to be Honest.
It costs you 10 Silver for 3 Real Life Days.
And if you stretch it by letting it lose some Realm Tiles You can easily go with 10 Silver for 5 Real Life Days.

Building it costs only Trash Stuff.
When we Build it. We Build like 4 Guild Monuments in different Locations before we decided to just Build it in our old Fort.

Each Character needs his own House.
A Guild Monument Provides Ample Space for Huts.
So you can just Build 10 Huts if you want. That will work and you wont even have used 20% of the Guild Claim.
But I recommend to have one Character level Far enough to Build some Proper Houses instead :P
It just looks better and the Real Houses offer Protection and a Place to put Storage Containers :P

And yes. The Characters dont need to be Present.
You dont even need to have them close by to Join your Guild or to Build the Monument.
So if you just need em for the Monument you can just Ship em to the Server and then Ignore them till your bored enough to move em to your Guild and Build Housing for them.

I dont consider it Cheesy at all.
I would actually Wish they would just Introduce a small Group Monument.
That could have Smaller Space than the Guild Monument but only need 5 People.
Could have only a Town Claim with a 10 Tiles Radius. And another 10 Tiles of Realm Claim.
Not Count as Real Guild Monument and thus not Allow Building Outposts etc.
But still offer a Larger Place for small Groups to Play together.

I dont get the Obsession with Large Guilds.
I like being with just the few Friends I got.

Astor.niit

Post by Astor.niit » 25 Dec 2018, 23:50

Sorry it took so long to reply! I had forgotten I posted this and thought I'd be notified by email when I got a reply… Thanks a lot for telling me it is indeed possible to play it solo! This gives me a lot of hope! I want to get into this game, but I've been put off by the not so solo friendly attitude of the game.

Yeah, I would of course upgrade to small house whenever I could. I was mostly wondering how housing for alts worked.

I agree. It would be lovely for a smaller "camp" claim or something for smaller groups.

I'm still in school, so at times my free time is quite limited. How long would it take to grind coins every three days for the monument by chopping logs or fishing? Are we talking an hour or two, or 3-4? Can you sell at any trading post now, or can you still only sell in the "capital"?

SonofKitt
Zealous Believer

Post by SonofKitt » 27 Dec 2018, 14:58

There is a new map coming out soon which is meant to cater for all playstyles, including solo players hopefully. You can start playing now on one of the existing servers and learn the game. When the new map comes out you should be able to transfer your characters and start out in a fresh world with new features.

Housing works on a slot basis. A hut has one slot, so only one char can bind. A small house has 3 slots so three of your alts can bind. As guild leader you can manage/kick people out of the bind slots.

For T1/T2, i wouldnt worry about it being to difficult to feed your monument. Youll be fine. As i suggested, build near water and forest (and ideally clay and rock) so you can fish easily and chop trees for coin. Youll need to access someones trader post to make coin if you go T2 monument or private claim route. But selling fish is easy.

Return to General Discussion