Ruined cities - let the grass grow back

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!
Andrew5

Ruined cities - let the grass grow back

Post by Andrew5 » 15 Jan 2019, 23:57

On a mature server there are plenty of scars in the landscape, I can only assume, made by people training farming (ploughing). I think it is real-life enough to expect the grass to grow back - at least within a game year. (And soil to revert to fertile soil?). I know some people want dug soil of all kinds as a color tile for their build, so could the auto-grow occur outside claims?

This leads me to think that deserted cities could be more attractive if the mounds left are allowed to grass over. It would also be natural if the flat ground and other flattening actions were 'released' so the contours were naturalised, creating a more slumped ruin. A deserted site looks too much like a building site IMO. I'm not suggesting any auto-terraforming - If a new guild wanted to use the site they could simply flatten again.

Laid stone and marble should persist indefinitely as per usual. Permanent roads important.

Gfarley-perry

Re: Ruined cities - let the grass grow back

Post by Gfarley-perry » 10 Feb 2019, 03:04

Good idea, I would recommend to combine with the winter cover trigger.
The flatten ground might be tricky, since it can be a work in progress, I would make it un-flatten only on the edge once in december and once in Feb-march.
For the field I feel like we need something to tell us it used to be a field, I think affecting only the edge in a similar way would do the trick while providing realistic grass invasion.
To go from soil to fertile ground might be asking for a lot but you could have that effect on the edge of the field at the end of winter or it could be provided by wild animals.
I would have a square gain a fraction of Q per h of animal presence or a trigger each time an animal step foot on it (limit once every x mins) at Q 50 the soil turn fertile.

The only problem I can see, if you're trying to make a beach un-accessible even out of your claim with a shovel your task will be repeated each in-game year.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas