update 0.2.0

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Antvad2

update 0.2.0

Post by Antvad2 » 02 Jan 2019, 22:16

This game has great potential. I've always been a big supporter of the npc and the initiative in 0.2.0 fascinates me. In my opinion the next step will have to be the elimination of all maps, the use of a single server with the new map (with such a large map it will be ridiculous to play with 100 media players) focusing all current players and hoping for a return of the disappointed. I also believe that such a large map allows a better survival logic and with this logic I think the rules on the excessive "protection" modality imposed by the creators of the game will have to be reviewed. Allow us to raid and be raided with extreme naturalness. Allow us to defend ourselves and attack at will. To expose methods of defense and offense for our survival. In the end, the essence of the game is this. Eliminate "tank claim" and all that fossilizes the game and give the liberty to the players to experience their Middle Ages in all its facets, beautiful or ugly. In the end, make all the individual players easier (creating their own claim) so that they can build their own fort, maybe lost in a mountain and cultivate their land.
Finally I believe that we veterans should be allowed to move our characters to the new map / server. Also for the demonstration of trust that has been given towards the game. I'm sure the creators of the game will repay it. Already losing a whole castle in the old servers will be frustrating :-(

Sindelar.jirka

Re: update 0.2.0

Post by Sindelar.jirka » 03 Jan 2019, 06:17

Agree with the idea of making the world being more opened to small groups of players. For example, in the beginnings I played this game as a member of big guild but soon became disapointed of the expectations and bindings, so I decided to leave this awesome game. Later I realized that me prefer "small" gameplay with small settlement, which I built with my friend. We made own guild, but every day we are confronted with unpleasant fact it is necessary to have at least 10 characters to get a Tier1 monument. Due this "feature" we need to make our small territory divided in 5 separate personal claims, but center and 2 tiles of our walls are not covered (rule of 2 tiles between claim borders), so we are forced to avoid usage of aprroximately 17% of space we could effectively use and also we need to repair 8 tiles with walls every 3 days as it is suffering by decay because it is not claimed (it cannot be).

I am looking forward for the patch 0.20, where are the developers intending some kind of "Territories and Taxes", which I translate as prayed liberation of this big guild rulings. Hope, I will not be disapointed again and the developer will come with some alternative way of Realm claim for small groups of players :)

There are some pictures of our small settlement on Skjultland:
Attachments
avalanche-layout.png
avalanche-layout.png (50.67 KiB) Viewed 3894 times
avalanche2.png
avalanche2.png (4.32 MiB) Viewed 3894 times
Avalanche.png
Avalanche.png (4.71 MiB) Viewed 3894 times

Antvad2

Post by Antvad2 » 03 Jan 2019, 11:20

Also I stayed with 3 friends but having 4/3 pg each managed to found a guild. I would allow users to establish a guild with only 5 pg to facilitate small groups of players. One thing that I would like and suggest to the creators of the game is not to stop the natives but to aim to increase the playability by inserting npc villages to raid, random npc bandits and npc caravans traveling to and from the central city and maybe randomized to particular territories so as to direct users to consider the existence of interesting resources in some areas of the map.

Sindelar.jirka

Post by Sindelar.jirka » 03 Jan 2019, 17:48

Antvad2 wrote:Also I stayed with 3 friends but having 4/3 pg each managed to found a guild. I would allow users to establish a guild with only 5 pg to facilitate small groups of players. One thing that I would like and suggest to the creators of the game is not to stop the natives but to aim to increase the playability by inserting npc villages to raid, random npc bandits and npc caravans traveling to and from the central city and maybe randomized to particular territories so as to direct users to consider the existence of interesting resources in some areas of the map.

Thumb up for the proposal of lowering the requirement of members for T1 monument to 5 characters. Actually the personal claims of 10 people will be propably bigger than T1 monument town claim. The developer team should think about this and realize size of the current comunity in the game (which is a few hunderds on huge map) compared to their land-claim conditions. There are many of BAND type guilds over the map, but still with no friendly approach from creators of this game.

Gfarley-perry

Post by Gfarley-perry » 11 Feb 2019, 14:47

I'm posting knowing more from Dev. but about the min character for a guild, I would put it at 7 since you can't really progress much with less.
About the small village you can build it without wall in the green zone (many tiles in 4 patch should allow for enough freedom).
Otherwise a small group of 2-3 players who seek war can try to gain the trust of a larger guild and ask for a few characters to secure the region surrounding their claim (this provide tax revenue to the larger guild as well as a buffer in case of invasion so lending a few character is worth it).
The tax system is great and work wonder with the new trade system but I feel like we need a real incentive to connect Town with functional roads.
I feel like the best incentive would be to play with where the transaction cost goes, for example:
I Buy an item the seller receive 2/3 the NPC trader receive 1/4 (mid range trade), the remaining cost is spread between the intermediary guilds who are connected (only the best paths receive revenue, proportional to the road length). It's not a lot but I feel like a 2 server long road in the middle of the map would be worth enough to justify building a guild on it.
The NPC trader should increase his rate on long trip paying more on the way.
Also the rate charged by the trader should reduce by half if he follows a road making it very profitable to connect with the main roads in your surrounding region.
The NPC trader could also be an entity like a coach driver or a cart puller, that spawn at 7 am in game carrying the bought goods (you could also keep the instantaneous trading for 1/2 the quantity and single item so armors and weapons would be available when under attack).
To make it harder to gain trade revenue you could introduce a new building, the donkey stable (T3) or a urban version, the trade agency (more revenue require T4).
To deal with NPC trader entity it could give money during pit stop, if they stop past 6-8 pm they stop for the night.
They could get raided but the initial alignment cost should be a lot (people attacking a trader should be branded a criminal for 1 h+ 1h per previous trader raided). Also raiding a trader passing by your territory should incur a triple penalty (they should appear in green).
Having multiple appearance could help us target valued goods, for exemple:
I buy a more than 600 pounds then the trader cart will need more than a small cart, but someone closer bought another 700 from the same market during the same day so a slow donkey cart is used all the way to the first then a trader cart to reach me. If the goods value is greater than 1 Gp 1 NPC guard will follow, greater than 5 Gp= 2 guards...). If the amount bought requires it I would add more cart or if the path differs it would be normal for 2 traders cart to spawn in the morning from a single donkey cart at a pit stop.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas