brainstorm of ideas

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Vitalized

brainstorm of ideas

Post by Vitalized » 04 Nov 2018, 00:13

This is just a list of items/building/concepts I believe would better the game.

Pay model:
Subscription bulk packages of 3 months, and 6 months should be at 16.99 a month and 14.99 a month. Rather than 1 and 2 dollars off. This would keep people in the game since they spent the money.

UI:
Friends list- seriously we need better communication within game with other players, the pm tab stays open but does not notify if they are online or not

Audio notification or more visual notification when someone messages in local

Construction:
90-Hitching Post: Able to leave horse/moose attached and does not disappear like if you just leave a horse on your claim.
90- Livestock Pen: Any animal placed in here does not disappear( Make it so stables, barns, etc have actual animals visual in game, this game is barren)
90- Chapel: Pray in this building to receive a small boost in piety

Masonry
90- Church: Pray in this building for a piety boost( larger boost than chapel) Tithe option once every 24 hours to raise alignment.

60- Tavern: Eating in this building will boost food complexity by .5 for example eating Beef steak would be 2.5 instead of 2, eating ravioli would be 5.5 instead of 5

Architecture
90- Cathedral: Pray in this building for the largest boost, luck bonus buff, Tithe option every 24 hours for Alignment boost, Popes/Cardinals may have mass once every 24 hours that the congregation can attend for an alignment boost ( crafting mats would require 90 arts)

Carpenter
100-Horse drawn Plow( used to terraform faster and in bulk)

Hunter
100- Can use a falcon ( falcon may be released to find and bring back a rabbit after casttime)

Animal Taming
90- Tame a Falcon
100- Tame a wolf to act as a guard dog

In game containers/shelves/ etc should have uses, every one of them

Parry Blade: Off hand equipment can replace shield( make shields heavier more durable) Parry blade is lighter, makes parrying easier, decreases incombat stamina loss
Vitali Zed
<Merry Band of Gentlemen> Mayor

Gfarley-perry

Re: brainstorm of ideas

Post by Gfarley-perry » 11 Feb 2019, 18:34

A mic with push to talk would be great but
"Audio notification or more visual notification when someone messages in local"
is a minimum.

"60- Tavern: Eating in this building will boost food complexity by .5 for example eating Beef steak would be 2.5 instead of 2, eating ravioli would be 5.5 instead of 5"
I agree with the food Q increase but I would like to see added value to the alcohol also. The way I see it is having a new stat similar to alignment but called Morale / mood. Each time you break a member, bleed, fall of your horse, get pushed to the ground, start drowning or get one of those negative random events you lose morale pts.
That stat then slightly affect movement speed, stamina regen. and interaction speed. You gain morale by making an enemy (red) unconscious, successfully using the Pike vs horsemen, the arrow to the knee skill or by hitting the enemy's head. The tavern could also sell drinks to boost moral, each drink with a different effect and cost (depending on market price 10% goes to the tavern coffer). I would add a 30 sec. cool-down between drinks and blurry vision for 2 min after the second usage for 6 min after 3rd use) after that the tavern says you got enough for the day and will reset like god prayer.
Consuming drinks from the inventory would provide a 1/3 of morale boost and count in the daily limit.

"Architecture
90- Cathedral: Pray in this building for the largest boost, luck bonus buff, Tithe option every 24 hours for Alignment boost, Popes/Cardinals may have mass once every 24 hours that the congregation can attend for an alignment boost ( crafting mats would require 90 arts)"

The event may requires different tribute and provide different buff based on the chosen god.
For example : we sacrifice to a god of War
the cost is 5 slaves, 5 warhorses, 1-300 portion of a specific 5 ingredients food.
For each participant you choose your engagement for example I sacrifice 1 additional slave for more effect, I slaughter my warhorse for mid effect or I paint my face with their blood for a small effect.
Logically the alignment would drop during that action 20,5 or 1, but for a month IRL or a year in game you deal 3, 2 or 1 % more damage. By having only 1 god available per month (in game) would make it a bit predictable while providing weakly event.
I m sure player would learn a bit more about the lore if they lived it.
I fear that limiting such event to the player who's gained the title is too restrictive but if we give him a bonus like make it cost half the alignment / pay more for good gods while providing double the bonus. This would push player in competition for the title but not excessively if a player with 100 piety can host the event.
Also I feel like we need to provide opportunity for smaller event in smaller religious building: at 90 Piety you can host the event at a church but no slaves are sacrificed. At 60 Piety you can host the event at a chapel but no warhorse and slaves are sacrificed instead the cost is 5 rabbit, 5 chicken.

"Carpenter
100-Horse drawn Plow( used to terraform faster and in bulk)"

I guess the Plow you speak of is to turn grass into prepared fertile land and in bulk you mean 2 square large, then I agree.

I also think a tools at Carpenter 100 would be a terraforming cart you equip 1 to 2 slaves for max speed. The player move it around like a traders cart but he carries the whip. It's got 2000 inventory and work on 2 mode fill and empty, the 2 square at the back are the lowered or raised when activated the speed depend on slaves Q.

"Hunter
100- Can use a falcon ( falcon may be released to find and bring back a rabbit after casttime)"

the hunter would prefer a reconnaissance bird. by releasing the bird it could start flying in circle around the player always further and when it detect a pray it either grab it if small rabbit and birds or whistle to call the player (visual effect like brown arrow would be perfect) at hunting 90 a skill could be bird whistle to recall the bird.

"100- Tame a wolf to act as a guard dog"

I would attach it to components, like a 6 tile radius leach following a specific cart or player or stuck on each side of the gate (inner and outer dogs for max defense).

Return to Suggestions and Ideas