I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT Some incidental ideas

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Aquamann.ee42

I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT Some incidental ideas

Post by Aquamann.ee42 » 28 Feb 2019, 08:20

Hi folks. I am new to the game, only been playing a couple weeks now. Really enjoy the game so far, but I had a couple of suggestions on the game, mostly in aesthetic appearance related things.

1. Stables and barns that you actually see the animals. (they wouldn't need to run around, but seeing them and watching them move their heads and shift in place, sit down etc would be pretty awesome.) An extension to that, outdoor stables where its just a fence and or small canopy in the corner (optional) for bigger animals like cows and herds of sheep would be awesome to see.

2. Visual content of containers. When I see a barrel and I go to look inside it, I see a tiny stack of apples.. that's pretty boring, how about the icons of the items placed into a barrel match the size of the storage tab so it looked like it was actually filling it, like a bunch of apples piled up and enlarged to help fill the tab, etc. Also, a barrel from the full view of the object itself could modify its appearance to match what is inside it, such as a barrel full of apples.. shows from a few feet away, a barrel overflowing with apples, or if there are only a few, then you have to look down into the barrel and see it has X item/s in it. ( I figure a flat surfaced picture inside the barrel would suffice for it nearly being empty or half full, wouldn't change the barrel that much)

Same idea for the storage barn, I made a small one (not so small really) but it appears to be.. pretty empty for its capacity. (ontop of which, something of that size needs to hold more than 3000 units, more like 8k instead.

3. I haven't gotten to tailoring just yet, almost there, probably later today.. but I did see on the wiki that there are a very paltry number of cloths to make. should add more. especially a winter coat, mittens, fur lined boots, etc. Marching through the snow in the dead of winter, you want to look the part as well, adds to the experience.

4. It hasn't turned winter in my server yet, but from the pictures it looks like there should be a hefty bit more snow, to the point where you cant see the grass poking out of it at least. Also.. how about freezing over the lakes and swamps in extreme cold? Didn't see any icicles hanging on structures either (at least not in the pictures I have googled).

5. A wider variety of wild animals, including snakes, squirrels and birds you can actually see/hunt that doesn't require track animal. Same goes for saltwater/freshwater fish. I have been fishing in the big lake and as of yet, not seen any pike, bream or perch.

6. Character creation. The selections on creating a character for looks, is pretty damned thin guys. the game itself is pretty awesome.. even though I have to play as a troglodyte. My slavard is freaking hideous. looks like a troll out of a Wil Huygen book... except shaved. O.o Not even the choice of dark brown or black hair.

7. A minor mod/addition I had an idea for.. Skis (the kind you slide down a mountain on) so you can do crosscountry skiing in winter. Skis and ski poles and an animation to go with it. allows you the ability to slide down inclines, and slide over snowdrifts.. add snow shoes to that list too to negate the speed lose when marching through heavy snow.

8. Boats.. I don't mean huge Viking boats (although those would be pretty damned cool) no I mean dinks, canoes.. small puntboats you can tool around in the rivers and lakes and off the shore of the coast, small things that hold 1-3 people and MAYBE some cargo, have to row it or sail it (if sailing were added). Could also decorate the boats too, boats were pretty big to norse culture. It suggested a wealthy society to have a shipbuilder in town.

9. Wider variety of trees, because cherry and peach were pretty common in Europe even back then. Also, if herbalism is part of the game, trees should play a part too. willow bark for instance has been used since pre-history to treat fevers, headaches and general pains.

10. At night, aggressive animals should have glowy eyes. Nothing scarier than being next to a fire on a dark night in the dark forest, and nearing a snarling from the woodline, and seeing yellow glowing eyes in the bushes. Or god forbid you are walking through the forest at night and hear a growling squeal and see two beady red eyes like demons eyes looking at you and knowing it is a boar about to charge.

11. Different colored animals, specifically for the end result of clothing.. like a black fur wolf would render a black wolf skin, which you could make into a black coat, or a white coat from a timberwolf, stuff like that. Same thing for rabbits.. their fur should turn white in winter and that should be able to be used as a white format in clothing.

12. My last idea, is to make tunnels and mines permenant. When I started the game I looked up at that mountain and said to myself, if there is a place to make a lonely mountain kingdom, its that place. But when I started digging for iron I quickly found out.. tunnels don't last... and that kinda sucks.

I also noticed in my trek to find some sheep to skin for wool, that there isn't a single waterfall, river or stream.. anywhere..

Anyways, those are my ideas guys, hope they are of some interest to you and if any are usable lemme know.

(Also, side note, anybody have any good servers I should check out? I am all alone in mine and that's how I like to learn starting out, I am a builder and architectural artist, not a fighter. But I wouldn't mind seeing some new faces and see what towns people have built. lemme know)

Return to Suggestions and Ideas