Explain me, how is this supposed to work...

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Desmas

Explain me, how is this supposed to work...

Post by Desmas » 27 Feb 2019, 09:45

I live in X zone. Looking at calendar there is no time coming any time soon, when I can harvest apples. How am I supposed to now tame a horse? I have no apples... And no carrots. What mitigates such a design? Am I now supposed to travel around the world for weeks, looking for zone that has right calendar harvesting conditions? Am I supposed to try search guild that is willing to trade me apples? what they probably will not or when they do they sell me unreasonable price or guild is other end of the map. Or am I supposed to ignore horse taming for weeks or maybe months and travel by foot, while other zone can ride on horse back because their zone had Apple harvesting season.

Arrakis

Re: Explain me, how is this supposed to work...

Post by Arrakis » 27 Feb 2019, 13:13

This system makes the trading between players more meaningful. So this is exactly what players need to do when they need a resource that they do not currently have and can aquire on their own for certain period of time, or is not available in their region - trade with other players.

So in case of apples and carrots, trade with players who stockpiled them during their season. This game is not only about terraforming and crafting, but also about interacting with other players, be it via trade or combat.

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 27 Feb 2019, 14:13

Transactions between trade post dont even work so... yea, were screwed.. :fool:

Desmas

Post by Desmas » 27 Feb 2019, 16:31

Arrakis wrote:This system makes the trading between players more meaningful. So this is exactly what players need to do when they need a resource that they do not currently have and can aquire on their own for certain period of time, or is not available in their region - trade with other players.

So in case of apples and carrots, trade with players who stockpiled them during their season. This game is not only about terraforming and crafting, but also about interacting with other players, be it via trade or combat.

On old map, it took hours to walk/run from one side to other side of the map. It was pain in the ar*e to get to the guild, before you implemented guild codes, that teleported to guild location on switching servers.

So, now we got 3x bigger map and maze of mountains, I am going to spend maybe 3 hours walking from trading post 3 to trading post 13, that has that item I need for sale and then I have to also spend same amount to get back to my claim. That is 6 hours of walking in total, because of my location had different harvesting season.

Maybe I am not the audience that this game aimed for, but as I see it, I am not going to spend 6 hours on walking on point A to point B to point A just to get apples.

Andrew5

Post by Andrew5 » 03 Mar 2019, 13:19

I had just finished leveling to 60 for taming large animals. The 10 level 62 apples I had saved for a horse, but found a moose. None of them worked. Now I can expect some probability of failure but is taming only supposed to be feasible with 90+ food? And no more apple harvesting for a game month in my zone.

Amrock

Post by Amrock » 03 Mar 2019, 18:17

Having 60 Animal lore too, I tamed 3 horses lately with apples at 33-36 Q (6-10 apples peer horse).
Moose may be not that easy.

Return to General Discussion