Is farming really this...

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Nahkahiiri

Is farming really this...

Post by Nahkahiiri » 13 Mar 2019, 17:21

After the latest update, you don't need to pick up and drop the dirt anymore! :Yahoo!: For example q30 + q30 = q30, not q29 like it was before.

=================

1. Create a field from q30 soil (pour water on the center tile so you can use look for wild plants on it)
2. Search for wild plants at the center tile
3. Collect q30 wild seeds
4. Get water
5. Create a 10x20 or whatever sized field from q31 or higher fertile soil

6. Sow seeds
7. Wait
8. Harvest seed quality stuff from the field. Maybe get some (1% chance per tile) quality +1 seeds.

9. Get new seeds for what ever is possible to sow
10a. Fertilize your field (takes a lot of dung...) so soil quality is higher than seed quality because for example q30 seed + q30 soil = q29. Nobody wants q29 seeds... only higher quality than what you sowed.
10b. Add new higher quality fertile soil on top of your q30 on your field.

10. Fertilize if you want or your new seeds are higher quality than soil.
11. Go to step 6.

Steps 10a and 10b are really pain in the ass. Especially 10b since getting 200 dung for one field per harvest is not going to happen anytime soon.

Any tips how to solve those problems because those steps kills farming for me... I'm not going to be hauling 3tons of fertile soil every day per 10x20 field and split it manually to 15pound (or whatever) pieces and then drop it piece by piece to each tile.
Last edited by Nahkahiiri on 18 Mar 2019, 07:33, edited 2 times in total.

WestArcher

Re: Is farming really this...

Post by WestArcher » 14 Mar 2019, 11:17

We also have to pick up dirt and drop it or else quality is lost, regardless of what we do.
Rotate crops, etc nothing else works except digging it up and dropping it.

Nahkahiiri

Post by Nahkahiiri » 15 Mar 2019, 06:36

WestArcher wrote:We also have to pick up dirt and drop it or else quality is lost, regardless of what we do.
Rotate crops, etc nothing else works except digging it up and dropping it.

So there is an option 10c. Pick up the soil and drop it...

Devs, is this really how farming is meant to be?

Honestly, it's pain in the ass at the moment. If you want people to pay monthly fees, these kind of game mechanics should go out of the window asap. I'm ok with slow increase in seed quality per harvest, but I'm not ok with the idea that I should be spending hours pretty much every evening picking up and dropping dirt if I want to have my guild's fields sowed all the time. Devs, you can do better, can you?

W9nder

Post by W9nder » 15 Mar 2019, 12:31

My farmers told me that if you plant 32 Crops on 32 Soil the outcome will be still locked to 30.
Confirmation?

Because IF it is that way only way to get higher q you have to GRIND UP the domesticated seeds.

Nahkahiiri

Post by Nahkahiiri » 18 Mar 2019, 07:29

W9nder wrote:My farmers told me that if you plant 32 Crops on 32 Soil the outcome will be still locked to 30.
Confirmation?

Because IF it is that way only way to get higher q you have to GRIND UP the domesticated seeds.

I've planted q31 to q32 or higher and the result os q31. q32 + q32 shouldn't drop to 30.

After the latest update same quality soil + same quality seed = no quality drop. Which is AWESOME!!!! :friends: No more picking up dirt and dropping it! At least for q30 seeds and soils I didn't experience any soil quality drop.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 18 Mar 2019, 15:41

Hey folks. Just so you know, we have updated the Guide to 0.2.0 and included details on farming and animals: https://lifeisfeudal.com/Guide-to-the-S ... provements

Return to General Discussion