After the latest update, you don't need to pick up and drop the dirt anymore!
For example q30 + q30 = q30, not q29 like it was before.
1. Create a field from q30 soil (pour water on the center tile so you can use look for wild plants on it)
2. Search for wild plants at the center tile
3. Collect q30 wild seeds
4. Get water
5. Create a 10x20 or whatever sized field from q31 or higher fertile soil
6. Sow seeds
8. Harvest seed quality stuff from the field. Maybe get some (1% chance per tile) quality +1 seeds.
9. Get new seeds for what ever is possible to sow
10a. Fertilize your field (takes a lot of dung...) so soil quality is higher than seed quality because for example q30 seed + q30 soil = q29. Nobody wants q29 seeds... only higher quality than what you sowed.
10b. Add new higher quality fertile soil on top of your q30 on your field.
10. Fertilize if you want or your new seeds are higher quality than soil.
11. Go to step 6.
Steps 10a and 10b are really pain in the ass. Especially 10b since getting 200 dung for one field per harvest is not going to happen anytime soon. Any tips how to solve those problems because those steps kills farming for me... I'm not going to be hauling 3tons of fertile soil every day per 10x20 field and split it manually to 15pound (or whatever) pieces and then drop it piece by piece to each tile.