Non-JH Wall Breaching (barkboxing). FULL AUTISM MODE..

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Non-JH Wall Breaching (barkboxing). FULL AUTISM MODE..

Post by Ishamael » 27 Mar 2019, 17:10

References:
1) https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/life-is-feudal#/

2) Re: Accidental Trespassing? post by Bobik » 18 Jun 2014, 10:57

3) Re: Claim Sovereignty post by Bobik » 04 Jun 2014, 13:31

4) Life is Feudal: MMO Competitive Series post by Bobik » 13 Apr 2018, 17:26

5) Re: To Bobik, the Development Team, and The Community. post by Bobik » 19 Oct 2017, 12:56

6) Re: So was reading and wanted a correction? post by Bobik » 17 Mar 2014, 12:48

7) Re: Battles and such Post by Bobik » 28 Nov 2013, 16:52

REF 1:
Private Property & Land Claims. Grab some land for yourself or for your guild too. Divine law will protect your property standing on the claim from aggressors.

Your property will be protected. AKA we can not destroy your base. The people inside a base are not the property. People in the base were never even mentioned.

REF2:
And I bet that every claim owner will at least build a fence if not a palisade wall to protect his claim, so it will be not that easy to trespass at all.

AKA, it will be possible to tresspass with some effort. Since walls are mentioned in the context of difficult tresspass we can see that players should be able to get over defensive walls and "tresspass".

REF3:
I want to add, that simple palisade walls will not block more cells then fences. So that might be an option. Or just lock yourself up in your house and shoot back the assaulters :)

Here we see that Bobik intended for players to fall back into their houses or buildings ONCE THE WALLS ARE BREACHED. Houses and buildings like keeps are the real defense. Once again, we can see that attackers were intended to get over walls with some effort.

REF4:
Barkboxing and other siege-like actions allowed

We see that there are efforts to allow this back into the game. Other games like ATLAS and RUST are doing extremely well right now with much harsher PVP. The devs appear to be catering to a extremely vocal, small group of players when the real $$$ is in the silent majority that are interested in the more pvp-centered games.

REF5:
As about instanced everything - you're not required to participate in instanced battles or sieges - you can live and raid open world as much as you like. Adding instanced battlegrounds in WoW didn't disable its open world features, same in our case.

As the game currently is, you can not raid open world. Your raid ends at the enemy gates. As all the previous references show, this should not be the case.

REF6:
Yup, it will be unusable. Personal claims are 100% defended from anything, unless they're on a guild territory during war (in that case attacking guild can raid those claims).

Personal claims were the ONLY 100% protected territory in the game and only under specific circumstances. If you have a wall, you are 100% protected from all open world non-jh raiding.

REF7:
If you want to have a fight in some village - just get a raid going and raid some real village with your friends without issuing a battle ;)

Battle is a place of open field warfare, without ANY obstacles except natural ones.
Siege is a place for walls bashing, trebuchets and chock point meatgrinds.
Free raiding is a place for both, if you can handle that properly.

This pretty much sums it up.

Getting over walls during non-JH times should be allowed in the game. This was indented since 2013 and was allowed in the game mechanics all the way through LIF:YO and through the MMO alpha and beta. BRING BACK BARKBOXING.

As I stated previously, bark boxing over walls (or maybe use a ladder in the future?) was never about griefing a group. It was about enforcing your territorial control. Otherwise you have some shit-shack group set up right next to you farming your regionals. Is this a hardcore sandbox mmo or not? I think the vast majority of people would agree the game world is massive. If you are settling next to an aggressive group there are a LOT more places you can move to that likely have few people or maybe friendlier people.
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Return to General Discussion