Crop Rotation

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Torbren

Crop Rotation

Post by Torbren » 14 Apr 2019, 00:33

I'm unable to increase the quality of flax at the same rate as my other crops.
My rotation is using the grain -> veg -> grain -> flax/grape rotation with fertilizer.

I'm guessing the current mechanics are to rotate between vegetables and grain and eventually flax/grape when the calendar changes but after several weeks flax appears to miss the bonus to go up in quality nearly every time.

I'm also not sure what this line means on the guide. "flax and grapes after free tile (nothing was planted before)". What is meant by free tile and (nothing was planted before)?

Ghandi1000

Re: Crop Rotation

Post by Ghandi1000 » 21 Apr 2019, 13:39

Afaik "Free Tile" means grass. In order to get ploughed soil to turn into grass you add water to it - then when you want to sow Flax or Grapes you plough (with a shovel or a plough) before planting.

Torbren

Post by Torbren » 25 Apr 2019, 17:52

I’m willing to bet the mechanic is broken for flax. I can harvest everything but flax and see a +2 on seed harvest. Flax is only generating +1 no matter what I try. Has anyone had success with dropping water then ploughing to get +2 on the harvest?

ViciousDis
True Believer

Post by ViciousDis » 26 Apr 2019, 08:06

It's not broken, I believe luck generates a chance " when planting " to plant a +1 crop and harvest has a chance to get a +1 .

Getting +2 only applies to the product not the seed.

Off like 250 tiles and this is a small portion of it,

**I want to say either 5 or 10% with like 30 luck and buff food ( complex 5)

I get maybe 10 or 20 crops Planted +1 , so i'll improve the ground to 31 for example then harvesting them i'll get maybe 4 or them at most another +1, 12 seeds back are 31, 8 seeds back are 32.

Some of the 32 seeds might produce 34 ql. flax stems.

Rotation doesn't matter really because you should be rotating automatically, unless you have 5 seperate fields.

Torbren

Post by Torbren » 27 Apr 2019, 11:13

I agree that luck improves the chance of seeing either a +1 or a +2 bonus but to even have a CHANCE of getting those bonuses you have to follow this rule:

ROTATION:
plant potato or grains after vegetables and vise versa
flax and grapes after free tile (nothing was planted before)

QUALITY:
If you use the right crop rotation sequence, then there is a chance to have +1 to the seeds quality;
While harvesting, there is a chance to get +1 to a harvest. You should notice: the quality of the harvest is determined by the lowest of four factors: Farmer Skill, Seed Quality, Soil Quality, and Water Quality.

NOTE:
Max bonus to quality is 2 points.
You don’t lose crop quality due to improper crop rotation

So based on that you need to have crop rotation AND skill, seed, soil, water at equal levels to receive the +2 bonus. I don't believe having an insane amount of luck is going to get you +3, +4 bonuses and up.

Are you saying that you planted 30 quality soil, 30 quality water, 30 quality farming skill and 30 quality seed. Then ignored the crop rotation. Pushed your luck as high as you could get it and are seeing +2 gains specifically for flax?

If i read that correctly you said you went to 31 soil quality 31 seed quality. I'm assuming 31 farming and 31 water. THEN you reached 32 seed quality? That would mean you're still only getting +1 gains.

ViciousDis
True Believer

Post by ViciousDis » 30 Apr 2019, 02:22

Yea along those lines , I notice more +1 gains planting in soil higher then the seed quality.

when I redo the soil for my farms, ill drop new dirt in. so for my 30ql seeds for example (upto 42 flax) ill drop 35ql or w/e i can find on each tiles in 15 stacks.

that gives me more chances to get a +1 while planting.

Rotation does have a role for that as you stated and weather, i usually plant while raining for some reason and noticed about 15 or so seeds getting +1.

The +2 Gains only applies to the stems from what i seen,
seeds get +2 but Chance of +1 from planting and chance of +1 harvesting.

Return to General Discussion