Not enough trade posts in the green zones

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Heavysparksgaming

Not enough trade posts in the green zones

Post by Heavysparksgaming » 02 Mar 2020, 18:19

In my opinion, there are not enough trading posts in the green zone. All green zones have one trading area with two trade posts so close together they might as well be stack on top of each other. This configuration forces players to clumped together in that same area. Making most of the green zone useless. As travel across small mountains with any load in a character's inventory or in a cart is difficult or impossible.

I assume these trade posts are owned by the game and not players. If they are owned by players this would be an unfair advantage.

I think to help disperse new players in the green zone it would make more sense to have a single trade post added to each grid section. :good: Each green zone is divided into six grids making the total number of new tradeposts 5 per green.

This is just my opinion but as a new player who would like to be able to have a personal claim in the green zone and the ability to trade without wasting hours of my time traveling. It might even reduce some of the server load in some regions.

Thanks for your time and hopefully consideration in this matter on the part of the developers.

Sincerely,
HeavySparksGaming
For evil men to succeed all one needs do is stand by idle.
http://blackthorne.enjin.com/recruitment

Throne29

Re: Not enough trade posts in the green zones

Post by Throne29 » 07 Mar 2020, 04:49

I'm in agreement with this notion.

Rheanon

Post by Rheanon » 09 Apr 2020, 04:17

Heavysparksgaming wrote:In my opinion, there are not enough trading posts in the green zone. All green zones have one trading area with two trade posts so close together they might as well be stack on top of each other. This configuration forces players to clumped together in that same area. Making most of the green zone useless. As travel across small mountains with any load in a character's inventory or in a cart is difficult or impossible.

I assume these trade posts are owned by the game and not players. If they are owned by players this would be an unfair advantage.

I think to help disperse new players in the green zone it would make more sense to have a single trade post added to each grid section. :good: Each green zone is divided into six grids making the total number of new tradeposts 5 per green.

This is just my opinion but as a new player who would like to be able to have a personal claim in the green zone and the ability to trade without wasting hours of my time traveling. It might even reduce some of the server load in some regions.

Thanks for your time and hopefully consideration in this matter on the part of the developers.

Sincerely,
HeavySparksGaming

I agree completely. There are very few guild owned public trade posts near enough to green zones to support a thriving community. These are public only if a guild is willing to give public access. A thriving community will develop nearby and if the guild decides to close it to the public, there goes the community that supports it. Travel to the next open post is usually an excruciating experience. Let's face it, the casual farmer, resource trader, etc. is not playing this game to join a guild and pvp. They settle on the green zones to establish a nice homestead and trade freely on the public tradepost nearby. A guild decides to barricade the tradepost, the community will either leave the game or resettle elsewhere since solo players do not have the ability to establish their own tradeposts. I think the whole tradepost function should be re evaluated so that community trading lifeline will not be cut off at the whim of a guild. One solution to the problem might be various teleports throughout the greenzones to and from the protectorate tradeposts with perhaps a weight fee similar to those charged for deliveries. Just a thought.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 24 Apr 2020, 13:07

Hey. After the wipe we have improved the situation with the trading posts and added one in each server node within all four protectorates.

Heavysparksgaming

Post by Heavysparksgaming » 24 Apr 2020, 17:17

@Arrakis thank you and development team for making the game a little less daunting for players starting in the green zone.
For evil men to succeed all one needs do is stand by idle.
http://blackthorne.enjin.com/recruitment

Return to Feedback Section