30% Fail on Tree Planting is Needless

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!
Eyesgood

30% Fail on Tree Planting is Needless

Post by Eyesgood » 05 May 2020, 12:04

It is very frustrating to plant rows of trees on your claim only to wake up the next day to find 30% of them missing. Replacing the lost trees also incurs a 30% fail. Why have such a mechanic? It serves no purpose except to make the player re-do something they already did. Nothing is gained by it. Nothing is lost if this mechanic is removed. It's simply not necessary for a game to take back work the player has accomplished.

I suggest removal of this game mechanic for the sanity of Arborists everywhere.

Eyesgood

Re: 30% Fail on Tree Planting is Needless

Post by Eyesgood » 08 May 2020, 13:12

Just to add to my original post, I planted pine and some other trees knowing this 30% fail would cause some to disappear. The next day when I logged on I grabbed some pine sprouts to replace those that I knew would be gone. However, when I tried I found out that pine was no longer in season. I cannot play 24/7 but this was literally the next day at around the same time of day. Now, because I missed the window I have to wait until the next go-around before I can plug those holes in my pine rows. It is an OCD nightmare for players like myself.

I realize this is so small of a thing for most people. But the whole point of my suggestion is, game mechanics that undo player work just for the sake of it and with no actual purpose just makes players frustrated. This is especially true if they lose the opportunity to correct it.

I have planted many, many things in real life. Never have I had anywhere near a 30% fail. Plants, and especially trees, are way more resilient than that. If you are going for a real-life simulation, 30% is not the number.

If you want to have a fail rate, why not make the PLANTING action have the 30% fail rather than an after-the-fact planting fail? Let the player experience the fail immediately so they can replant until success. That is way more reasonable than discovering the fail later when you may not have the ability to fix the issue.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas