Was in game Food thread. Now What is your favourite food?

Why this game is better than any other.

Wigster600

Was in game Food thread. Now What is your favourite food?

Post by Wigster600 » 03 Aug 2014, 17:40

In game I hope food is something you need to rely on to prevent death, it would cause people to flock together into settlements to create farms or hamlets and such, and would also make sieges more realistic whilst the enemy camps for the odd madman to step outside the walls to be cut down by the numberless forces of the attackers people inside have a food store which slowly runs down to the point where they have to eat the corpses of the perished. :D
Last edited by Wigster600 on 04 Aug 2014, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: Food.

Post by Siegbert » 03 Aug 2014, 18:08

It would be kinda lame if you could just eat apples all day to prevent yourself from starving. There should be benefits to cooking actual meals.

Wigster600

Post by Wigster600 » 03 Aug 2014, 18:16

Perhaps have a bonus to stregth if eating meat or something? :D

Perhaps a body fat percentage, stat, it adds padding against unarmed attacks and slowly goes down if you've not eaten for a couple of days until the fat percentage runs out, then your health starts to drop.

Grimfest

Post by Grimfest » 03 Aug 2014, 18:24

What about the possibility and complexity of a balanced diet.

Break foods in to "Food Groups" such as grains, meats, fruits, vegetables, dairy, and the more "Balanced" diet a Player has, they would get a Minor Bonus to their max health or stamina. If the Player was "Nutrient Starved", they would receive a Minor Penalty to their max health or stamina.

I say minor because it shouldn't be a crazy amount and i am not sure what the max health is for a player right now as I am not a Alpha tester, but if 100 health is max maybe +5 or +10 being the bonus and -5 or -10 being the penalty.

After all, if you are lacking in nutrients in real life, you do have less energy/stamina.

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 03 Aug 2014, 18:28

There is already a complex system for food.

http://lifeisfeudal.com/mmorpgsandLiF/S ... -is-Feudal

Grimfest

Post by Grimfest » 03 Aug 2014, 18:44

Thokan wrote:There is already a complex system for food.

http://lifeisfeudal.com/mmorpgsandLiF/S ... -is-Feudal

well there ya go, enough said.

Wigster600

Post by Wigster600 » 03 Aug 2014, 18:52

Perhaps you could selectively breed plants and animals to have higher quality food?

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 03 Aug 2014, 19:00

Wigster600 wrote:Perhaps you could selectively breed plants and animals to have higher quality food?

That is the whole idea.

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 03 Aug 2014, 20:09

Guys.. PLEASE read the DAMN wiki and FAQ before asking question xD

Seriously, it's simple : making more complex and higher quality meals will provide you wih a greater food multiplier.

The food multiplier is used to multiply your skill increases. So, if you are maxed out on skills you want to be maxed out on, you'll just have to eat basic food to stay alive. But having cooks so your recruits train WAY faster will be useful :p

Grimfest

Post by Grimfest » 03 Aug 2014, 21:02

Hoshiqua wrote:Guys.. PLEASE read the DAMN wiki and FAQ before asking question xD

Seriously, it's simple : making more complex and higher quality meals will provide you wih a greater food multiplier.

The food multiplier is used to multiply your skill increases. So, if you are maxed out on skills you want to be maxed out on, you'll just have to eat basic food to stay alive. But having cooks so your recruits train WAY faster will be useful :p

WELL, because you opened yourself up for attacks, i'll just have to thrust you while you are busy grabbing your ankles. :twisted:

Not all of us have as much free time as you to sit here and go through countless pages of information. It is much easier to have someone with your kinda free time to present that information to us.

But thank you for the information.

Flannery
Alpha Tester

Post by Flannery » 03 Aug 2014, 23:41

But you had time to figure out a full food system... :crazy:

Besides - there are well working search options available.
Do a search on food and the likes...
I am pretty sure you would have found it without much trouble.

Especially since it is even made a great point out of it by Bobik in most videos, and even the most basic info about LiF.

Using available time as an excuse here really just does not cut it.

Why even use time suggesting things about a game you then clearly have not put the time in to even get to know... ;)

:beer:
"The enemy of my enemy - is my friend"

"Tides of War" Pre Alpha Videos
http://www.tidesofwargame.com

MachineMedic
Alpha Tester

Post by MachineMedic » 03 Aug 2014, 23:54

I concur with the above post.

If you have enough time and are competent enough to find this game in the first place, you are perfectly capable of using a search engine.

Otherwise, I don't exactly see how you will be able to find time to actually *play* this game once it releases anyways.

;)

Grimfest

Post by Grimfest » 04 Aug 2014, 14:34

MachineMedic wrote:I concur with the above post.

If you have enough time and are competent enough to find this game in the first place, you are perfectly capable of using a search engine.

Otherwise, I don't exactly see how you will be able to find time to actually *play* this game once it releases anyways.

;)

I guess I failed to make my point clear, It is often times that an idea is sparked in my head and others, normally after reading one of our fellow, forum comrades. But I don't FEEL like spending 10 minutes or even 5 to look up every aspect of a game that is potentially going to change or not making it in at release.

There are so many aspects to an MMO, and this one is quite complex, so unless I want to marry myself to the game, It isn't worth the extra effort to do the "research first."

I mean, look at the countless threads about donation and alpha access. People including myself kindly send them a link or repeat ourselves over and over again. We don't say, hey you moron, do some research first!. Keep in mind, these morons spent money and are not even doing the research before posting.

Now is this Bobiks fault for not simplifying things for said morons? or is it the morons fault for being a moron?

I went back about 4 pages In the general discussion section and found all these about donations. lots of morons? or people with better things to do with there time? or lack of information on main website that explains things in detail as many people don't like reading forums? just saying....

donated-51-euro-for-alpha-access-t1563/

want-to-support-via-donation-question-t1482/

getting-acess-t1465/

a-question-t1457/

donated-t1448/

payment-sent-via-paypal-t1304/

donations-go-toward-full-retail-t1264/

payment-sent-t1221/

alpha-and-beta-testing-t1186/

alpha-beta-access-t1127/

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 04 Aug 2014, 15:00

There is a difference between confused people who've spent a grand total of two minutes on the boards and individuals who've followed the game for some time and even take time to post "complex suggestions".

Bottom line is, if you are arsed to post a topic with a suggestion, you should have been arsed to actually search the area of suggestion before posting.

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 04 Aug 2014, 15:03

I.. should not have said that I guess :pardon:

But seriously.. you can't even take 10 minutes ?

Pardon me, but you do not look like a very good support for the game xD

Anyway, I'm gonna repeat myself, even if I "open myself up for an attack", before creating a thread, or even start THINKING about an idea for the game, please look up the wiki, or at least the FAQ that is MADE for that. If you are too busy a man for that, well, sorry, but you'll be WAY too busy to play the actual game.

Now, I don't want to feed this argument thread. I suggest we lock it, because continuing this discussion any further is useless.

Grimfest

Post by Grimfest » 04 Aug 2014, 15:35

Hoshiqua wrote:I.. should not have said that I guess :pardon:

But seriously.. you can't even take 10 minutes ?

Pardon me, but you do not look like a very good support for the game xD

Anyway, I'm gonna repeat myself, even if I "open myself up for an attack", before creating a thread, or even start THINKING about an idea for the game, please look up the wiki, or at least the FAQ that is MADE for that. If you are too busy a man for that, well, sorry, but you'll be WAY too busy to play the actual game.

Now, I don't want to feed this argument thread. I suggest we lock it, because continuing this discussion any further is useless.

you are Pardoned, but let it be known. I can careless if I am the poster boy supporter of the game, I speak my mind, and I do what I want and share Ideas I think can help this project succeed. Most of what I say, "most" not all, has wisdom behind it, but "most" people lack the vision of seeing the big picture behind the wisdom. Let me paint this picture for you, Bobik and team, are over worked, they lack resources to spend time on much needed things such as a "proper" website for the game. A game based on forums and wiki's is not "proper." If you are going to condemn or attack someone rather then help steer and provide information for someone with "less time" then yourself, then you are just as bad of a "supporter" then I am.

Doesn't matter if they lock thread or not, it will naturally die, and I am locking myself out of this one as well.

MachineMedic
Alpha Tester

Post by MachineMedic » 04 Aug 2014, 16:02

Bobik and team, are over worked

Which is all the more reason for you to do your research before you start an entirely new topic for them to view for something that has already been addressed. This is directed at both you, and the OP.

I concur, this thread has no foreseeable productive potential left in it, and as such might as well be locked before it turns into a giant freeforall.

Wigster600

Post by Wigster600 » 04 Aug 2014, 16:42

To prevent uselessness, this shall now be a community thread about what your favourite food is. :D

Dracathio

Post by Dracathio » 04 Aug 2014, 16:50

Now that is a hard one.

Can't say Pizza because there are so many different pizzas now xD

I'd have to say Spaghetti. Specially when the Sauce made for it is just perfectly spicy and sweet =D

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Re: Was in game Food thread. Now What is your favourite food

Post by Hoshiqua » 05 Aug 2014, 19:07

Pastas with bolognese sauce, just sooooooo good :D

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

Post by Lukepop » 05 Aug 2014, 21:42

Spaghetti bolognaise!
Link to Tirmani thread:
the-duchy-of-tirmani-t1291/

Wigster600

Post by Wigster600 » 05 Aug 2014, 21:54

There's too many Italians here....

Dracathio

Post by Dracathio » 05 Aug 2014, 23:03

Wigster600 wrote:There's too many Italians here....

lol I'm not Italian at all, I just like their food xD

I'm actually part Welsh, German, and Native American

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 06 Aug 2014, 02:29

I'm french.

Pasta Bolognese > Bread > Every food > Any english ( "rosbif" ) food

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 06 Aug 2014, 06:37

C'mon guys!

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

Post by Lukepop » 06 Aug 2014, 07:03

I'm not italian either, Irish and English etc. back a few generations.
Link to Tirmani thread:
the-duchy-of-tirmani-t1291/

Return to Off Topic