Kickstarter

Why this game is better than any other.

fallen_saint

Kickstarter

Post by fallen_saint » 18 Mar 2012, 05:29

http://www.kickstarter.com/

This is a pretty cool site that allows people to help fund projects and creativity. My friend uses it to help him start his dice making project.

It possibly can allow us, the community, to help fund or at least pitch in development of the game we all want to play. It cannot hurt to try either. B)

finalreview
Alpha Tester

Re: Kickstarter

Post by finalreview » 18 Mar 2012, 05:53

Oh wow, Bobik should totally make one, maybe not till later stages but at some point. If Wasteland 2 can get 1.3mil in donations...

Also there's an independent donation site for anew Mass Effect 3 ending that is up to 60,000$ lol

http://retakemasseffect.chipin.com/reta ... hilds-play

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 18 Mar 2012, 11:36

I've had some mails and messages for here and there about trying to kickstart our project. Well, i even registered there and even trid to do so :) But everything had ended on the first steps, where:
- You are a permanent US resident with a Social Security Number (or EIN).
- You have a US address, US bank account, and US state-issued ID (driver’s license).
- You have a major US credit or debit card.

So i think we will just stick on development itself while we have some resources and if we'll see it's obvious lack - then we will come back to that topic.

finalreview
Alpha Tester

Post by finalreview » 18 Mar 2012, 15:41

What a disappointment! I'd love to offer my permanent US Residency, SSN, US Address, US Driver's License. But I doubt we could organize a fail safe way for me to not have the ability to steal the money, I'm assuming the money goes into the registered US bank account :(

fallen_saint

Post by fallen_saint » 18 Mar 2012, 21:42

I wonder if there is an European version of kickstart.

WarandWin

Post by WarandWin » 10 Aug 2012, 15:47

or an international version at least, but if not theres no rush, I prefer to wait 2 years to play the game and be one of the most awesome games I have evered played than being early released and be mediocre.

Post by Guest » 17 Aug 2012, 17:52

WarandWin wrote:or an international version at least, but if not theres no rush, I prefer to wait 2 years to play the game and be one of the most awesome games I have evered played than being early released and be mediocre.

Ditto

banok
Alpha Tester

Post by banok » 05 Sep 2012, 06:02

Bobik wrote:I've had some mails and messages for here and there about trying to kickstart our project. Well, i even registered there and even trid to do so :) But everything had ended on the first steps, where:
- You are a permanent US resident with a Social Security Number (or EIN).
- You have a US address, US bank account, and US state-issued ID (driver’s license).
- You have a major US credit or debit card.

So i think we will just stick on development itself while we have some resources and if we'll see it's obvious lack - then we will come back to that topic.

looks like kickstarter has gone international to me, I see a projects on there now based in moscow, and places in europe.

I recomend trying kickstarter while its still all the rage, people are going to get burned out on it in the future as some of these projects fail.

put on a decent combat video, get some attention on some gaming sites. im sure you could raise some decent funds, yours would be the first kickstarter I would actually fund.

Sunkenmonk
Alpha Tester

Post by Sunkenmonk » 07 Sep 2012, 16:49

http://www.indiegogo.com/

that's a european version of kickstarter, it's not as popular i think, but might be worth looking into.

WarandWin

Post by WarandWin » 10 Sep 2012, 03:04

Sunkenmonk wrote:http://www.indiegogo.com/

that's a european version of kickstarter, it's not as popular i think, but might be worth looking into.

I also think LiF should give it a shot, they don't loose anything, and if they actually try it, we can actually share more easily the game and help them raise more money.

fallen_saint

Post by fallen_saint » 15 Sep 2012, 13:37

I am checking it out. It looks like intriguing idea. I would be willing to put down 5 nickles down + some dollars. ;)

Vansar

Kickstarter

Post by Vansar » 14 Dec 2012, 17:56

I think there was a topic on kickstarter somewhere on the forum.

Bacically it's "no can do", because of some laws in Europe(?) that restrict giving someone free money for game developping without paying tax for it (or something like that).

Vestia

Kickstarter

Post by Vestia » 14 Dec 2012, 18:18

Vansar wrote:I think there was a topic on kickstarter somewhere on the forum.

Bacically it's "no can do", because of some laws in Europe(?) that restrict giving someone free money for game developping without paying tax for it (or something like that).

Ah, this game does need more loving though, I have high hopes for this project.

Imperius
Alpha Tester

Kickstarter

Post by Imperius » 15 Dec 2012, 01:00

Yeah as do i.

Vestia

Kickstarter

Post by Vestia » 15 Dec 2012, 02:25

Imperius wrote:Yeah as do i.

Don't know about you, but these forums seem barren as of late :unsure:

Dragon Scales
Alpha Tester

Kickstarter

Post by Dragon Scales » 15 Dec 2012, 09:21

Quite, i used to be on more, but my original account got banned (totally my fault, I had a case of the ragies...... it was terminal T-T)

finalreview
Alpha Tester

Kickstarter

Post by finalreview » 15 Dec 2012, 11:06

There isn't to much to discuss anymore. Once Alpha starts the forums should start blowing up since there's no NDA. I think it will be great allowing people who aren't in alpha/beta to be able to comment on suggestions for improvement.

Return to Off Topic