Important Poll

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Would you be willing to pay for EVERY character you want to transfer to the main continent?

Yes, I am willing to pay for every character and the price looks reasonable.
42%
Yes, I am willing to pay for every character, but the price seems too high.
20%
Yes, I am willing to pay for every character and feel free to raise the prices. LiF is going to be a cool game and worth it! :)
8%
No, I don’t want to pay for every character in order to play.
30%

Total votes : 2460

Crazyi

Re: Important Poll

Post by Crazyi » 26 Sep 2014, 19:13

20$ for the first is totally okay in my opinion. My main concern is that I have seen posts about "in game currency". If there are going to be other features that need to be purchased, or currency that needs to be purchased with real money, then I think the price for an alt is a bit too high.

Rokkman

Post by Rokkman » 28 Sep 2014, 10:26

I think there is a very fine line here that the developers and producers must be careful not to stray too far from, in one direction or another. On one side of this line you have the possibility of a large portion of the community, fan base, player base, and potential players feeling turned off by having to pay for more and more to play the game. On the other side of the line you have all of those same people feeling turned off by having a large amount of players with 3-4+ characters who do not have to worry about getting to -50 or the consequences of murdering without cause.

If you have to buy the game, then pay $20-30 to play that game, then pay another $10-15 for each time your character dies or you want to have an alt, then another $xx each time there is an expansion, DLC, in-game currency, or some other sort of pay-to-play mechanism; I feel that this in the eyes of many consumers would be far too much money to invest in order to spend 2-3 hours/day 2-3 days/week to play a video game. Sure, if you play for 6-8 hours/day 4-6 days/week, it's not too bad because you don't spend much on other entertainment; but you also can't limit your player base to hardcore gamers or this is failed from the start.

On the other hand, we also cannot allow pointless PKing, ravaging of supplies, and destroying or pillaging of wares/buildings/towns without consequences. I do feel however, that we can achieve this goal without alienating current and potential players. If, for example you were to make the fee exponentially increase in relation to time between purchasing these tickets, that would be a start. For example, if a player buys one ticket and then his character is -50 and he must purchase another ticket within a week, the cost could be $10-15 or even $20-30 again because obviously this player is abusing the system and should be punished for doing so. However, if it has been 2-3 weeks or a month since last ticket purchase, the price could be as low as $5, past that could be as low as $2 if you wanted to reward players who strive not to abuse the system.

Another method for thwarting players who would seek to give other players a bad experience, is to implement a system which increases the price of your tickets based on how many characters you have had which drop to -50 alignment. For example, your first ticket could cost $15-25, second ticket cost $5-10; each player is only allowed two ticket purchases within a given time frame, or each player is only allowed to have two active characters off of the island at any given point, therefor only two tickets are allowed to be purchased at any given point by any given player. Now, if player A has purchased two tickets and both of those characters have died at 0 or positive alignment and this player simply needs more tickets, the cost could be as low as $5-10 for another ticket or two. However, if player B has two characters whom have reached -50 then the price could be the standard $15-25, or $10-15, or even higher than $25 if again you want to punish those who abuse the system.

Another option is to simply give players a discount on tickets if their character has died with 0 or positive alignment due to being murdered or any other sort of death. If the price is $10-15 standard for a second/third+ ticket, then give half or more off of that amount for players who have simply been PKed and want to keep enjoying the game.

I feel that the second option (increasing price for -50 characters or characters who have murdered) is a solid option. It does both things which I think need to happen; rewards players who are generally good and accept yields etc., and also punishes those players who only want to kill other players and grief.

Whichever option you go for, or even another option that I have not listed, I think something else needs to be thought of. I do not agree that a flat out tax on everyone just to enjoy the game is the correct direction. Punishing the whole of the community in order to quell the small percentage who would do bad is the same as the national government locking everyone up inside their homes to make sure those who would do crime have no place to do it. It just isn't a good idea.

Sorry for the long post, but I do hope that an admin will read and actually think about this. There really isn't a TL:DR version for those who aren't quite interested enough. For those who are, thank you for reading.

Edit: Just look at the poll, 26% of those who have voted say they do not want to/will not pay for each transfer at the dictated prices, and I'm right along with them. If I have to pay the same price as someone who griefs just because I got PKed by said griefer, that's unfair. And that 26% is exactly who I was talking about (current and potential player base being turned away straight off). Think about it, if you have 1 million potential players, that means you've lost around 260 thousand right off the bat just because of this initiative. That's a lot of ratings, money, and prestige lost for not thinking of a better solution to a very valid problem.

CirqueDuSolaire

Post by CirqueDuSolaire » 29 Sep 2014, 06:48

TL:DR, you buy LiF:YO, get a few MMO characters for free, and have to buy additional slots if you choose to do so, everybody wins.

I think requiring people to pay for every character they want to put in the MMO this isn't the greatest idea to prevent PKing and griefing. Actually, I'm going to be honest, I think this is a terrible idea. I'm not entirely sure on how the system is going to work, but I'll have an argument for two scenarios.

Scenario 1: You buy LiF:YO and then have to pay to transfer characters to LiF:MMO. This is a terrible idea, because you essentially have to buy two games, even though they're both exactly the same, with the only difference being the size of the servers. If I'm going to spend $40 on a game and then have to spend an additional $20 (or 20 Euro's, depending on the final decision) just to play online with a bunch of other people, I might not even buy the game to begin with. Not only that, but I'm going to have to spend $20 for the FIRST guy, then an additional $10 for every next guy I want to put in, that is going to turn me away VERY quickly. It sounds to me that this is more of a marketing scheme than a way to prevent griefing/trolling.

Scenario 2: You don't have to buy LiF:YO to play the MMO, but you still need to buy character slots. This is somewhat better than the last one, but it still seems to me that it's a marketing scheme to make money, not improve the quality of gameplay. Hundreds of other Free-To-Play MMOs out there allow at LEAST 2 free character slots for the game, and you have the option to purchase additional ones if you feel the need to do so (i.e. DDO, Planetside 2, Loadout, Warframe).

The best solution for this situation in my opinion is as follows. You purchase LiF:YO either now or later, and you immediately start with 1-3 free character slots for the MMO, giving you the flexibility to change it up if you want to, but the requirement to put in effort to preserve your characters as well as make ones you want to keep. IF you feel the need to have more characters than this, you can go ahead and purchase additional slots for whatever price the team sees fit. This would be a win-win situation for both the players and the team. Not only does the team rake in the 35-40 dollars from all the people buying LiF, but they also get to make money off of the more dedicated players who would like to have more people to play as.

It's literally a foolproof plan where everybody wins. People who want to troll not only have to buy the game to begin with, but then only get a few characters to troll with before they have to pay more to do so. People who want to play for keeps get the option to play with their main guys without the crutch of an empty wallet. People who want more diversity than a state college get their first few free, and so long as they have deep pockets, get to flood the world with as many different guys as they want.

Hit me up with alternatives or gaps in my plan, I'm all ears. I just hope that the team sees this and takes this into great consideration.

Jalpha

Post by Jalpha » 01 Oct 2014, 10:30

I don't know if this has already been mentioned but I'm not sure this poll is representative of potential players, instead the demographic is likely to be largely limited to players who are willing to pay $40 to alpha test a game.

That should be taken into consideration.

Sledgehamma

Post by Sledgehamma » 01 Oct 2014, 16:31

In regards to the poll, I chose "no to every character" only because you didn't include the option of "1 free character and then pay for any additional". I really like your skill tree setup and feel there is only the need for 1 character ie that's why 1 should be free. As for any additional, then yes charge through premium currency. If one should choose to change their professtion you offer the option through the skill book. Again, no need for additional characters. But, that won't stop people who love to be "alt whores" since they can't master everything in one character, so for them, I say make them pay haha.

Example: ArcheAge is similar where they encourage people to only use one character but give you 2 free slots (for faction choice since there are two). For additional character slots, if they choose to have alts, is paid through premium currency.

I like the dynamic that a player has to rely on others for special crafting and that you can't master all trades. This promotes teamwork, player interaction, and I feel a nice trade system.

Without knowing what all you will offer in the premium store, additional character slots should be one item.

With the highly anticipated numbers, a person shouldn't have to use an alt. If you are a blacksmith, but need a house built, then trade skills or items with a construction person. This would promote a healthy economy and strengthen the value on possessions, as one would know they have to rely on another for creation.

Keep up the good work and my eagerness for the MMO grows each day!

--Sledgehamma

Horadryn

Post by Horadryn » 02 Oct 2014, 09:54

i've alredy paid for this game... Why should I continue to pay?

Robert_Skywalker

Post by Robert_Skywalker » 03 Oct 2014, 04:27

The game is $40 as is. That's already enough, don't start adding more costs. This game was looking very fun, but seriously, stick with a pay once, play forever. No memberships, no extra characters that we have to pay real cash for. The game should be lowered to $20 for its current state, and raised later. $20 is a pre alpha price. This game is pre alpha and $40. For two copies, $20 would be fair, but not for a single early access copy. Please, no paying more than once, and the prices you have already are way too high.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 03 Oct 2014, 06:42

Guys, you're talking about 2 different games here...

You're talking about LiF: Your Own which you paid for on Steam. There will be no additional costs.

This thread is about the MMO version which will be free2test but with costs per character.
As buyers of "Your Own" you won't have to bother about it as you'll get ingame currency to make 1 character playable without any further costs.
So, all is fine 8-)

Hichiro

Post by Hichiro » 04 Oct 2014, 13:08

I have just bought the game. Now I see than I ll need probably to pay again.. I pay rarely a game and 30€ for an ealry access is really expensive.

I want do the promotion of this game ut if we need to pay again I ll never play next

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 04 Oct 2014, 13:53

Hichiro wrote:I have just bought the game. Now I see than I ll need probably to pay again.. I pay rarely a game and 30€ for an ealry access is really expensive.

I want do the promotion of this game ut if we need to pay again I ll never play next

How about you read, what I just posted above you first?
People are so eager to complain without informing themselves first...

Lokad

Post by Lokad » 04 Oct 2014, 20:46

no time to read all responses right now, but you mean I paid ~$30 to alpha test a game? the reward for early adopters should be more than what the person that gets to choose if the game will last or not has. I'm all for helping devs but I remember once when you got into betas to help and knowing what the game was like was your 'payment'. Now its just you pay for that privilage. Our work here is helping you make a better game. We squash bugs, report bugs, when we could be playing something else. Please stop this pay to beta (or alpha) test games.

That being said, on to the topic. If indeed you need p2p, give something like a horse with that initial character. Or a bag. Something not pay to win. Encourage alts, you want as many characters in the game that people will want to dress up. And please don't put chests with keys you buy to unlock or mystery bags, or armor, or weapons, etc to buy. And make the store under a menu, not a huge button taking up 1/3 the screen. (looking at you Lord of the Rings Online)

Make inventory adequate but have a want for bigger bags, don't have em drop in game except small ones or very rarely a large one. Your biggest revenue would be from various size bags, the biggest and most desired costing a substantial amount. People will buy em. (look at everquest 1, they even only offer the big bags a few times a year). Mounts are also a high commodity item.

Release quest packs or small expansions for a small to resonable fee. More people will buy em and everyone is happy. Hopefully this is enough to keep you guys well off and the players logging in. I've seen so many f2p games so empty. And you can tell from content when it went to free to play, its like all of a sudden you reach a level and everything sucks.

People will spend a lot of money to be unique. Make a wide range of outfits in game, but sell fluff stuff like pets and unique outfits (if its not tied to armor)

Please decide now how much revenue goes back into development, don't make the game and live off the riches while it dies.

I know what I say may be obvious but I've seen mass exodus from a bad expansion and poor content not developed enough.

My suggestion is to let other people right click people's name and choose something like 'Beligerent in public' or 'stole a chicken' hell I don't care :) If a high enough consensus is reached let us kill him with no penalty. People would love to hunt down some guy trolling in general chat. If he is already low status turn his name red or something so we know we can kill him without penalty (hell make a bounty). Make a PK'r have to sit in jail for 24 hours or something.

I'm against the pay to get off the island, I think it will hurt your sales (because of the lack of alts, once again)

This is just my insight from playing mmo's since they were first released and then forced into pay to play games. I rather play a single player game then one that is pay to win.

Thanks for reading my somewhat biased views, and I'm sorry I don't know the games venacular. I just started today.

Q8-neon

Post by Q8-neon » 05 Oct 2014, 21:56

I have a suggestion for this problem,

Why not force the alignment system on the whole account rather
than a single character in the account.

for example if I have 3 characters on my account and I do Evil
actions on one of them, all my other characters on the account lose
alignment points.

And if people want a fresh start they would have to create a new
account and buy the game again on the new account or simply pay
the fee for a new account.

Thanks.

Larry1620

Post by Larry1620 » 06 Oct 2014, 16:33

:bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: WTF these devs... this game will fail so badly :/

Heldure

Post by Heldure » 06 Oct 2014, 20:30

I was excited about this until I read about paying for every character.
If this happens I will just go back to Wurm and give them my money instead. at least the permadeath there doesnt cost me hours Im putting in at work.
Do you know the last game I played that offered to exchange money for in game lives? The WarZ/Infestation:Survivor stories.
We all know what great game that is.
Unless Im reading this wrong I refuse to pay for characters after dying. I just wanted an updated version of wurm not a facebook/iphone tier product.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 07 Oct 2014, 05:56

Heldure wrote:Unless Im reading this wrong I refuse to pay for characters after dying.

Apparently you are reading it wrong. There is no permadeath... You can play the whole game with one character for years.

Frix
True Believer

Post by Frix » 07 Oct 2014, 13:01

Well i would say everyone that already bought the LiF : Your own should get 1 free character transfer but else the prices are fine and seems reasonable. but don't ever go into monthly subscribtion.

I like how you pull this off, but im still lost how big is the main island gonna be? and will the crafting be bigger, like more kind of weapons and more professions, such as in crossbow crafting you would have to craft the frame for the specific size of crossbow instead of just a billet.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 08 Oct 2014, 05:13

Frix wrote:Well i would say everyone that already bought the LiF : Your own should get 1 free character transfer but else the prices are fine and seems reasonable. but don't ever go into monthly subscribtion.

I like how you pull this off, but im still lost how big is the main island gonna be? and will the crafting be bigger, like more kind of weapons and more professions, such as in crossbow crafting you would have to craft the frame for the specific size of crossbow instead of just a billet.

http://lifeisfeudal.com/LiFYO

LittleOne

Post by LittleOne » 09 Oct 2014, 17:42

I have read a lot of posts wanting one character or many characters, subs or no subs.

I believe there is a compromise for all that. The initial cost is really dependent on the quality of the game. If I'm not mistaken you will be allowed to play on newb island before paying for the game, and then if you want you can pay to go to the main game. I have always enjoyed when games let "you try before you buy", one it's less likely to be crap, and we have all bought a AAA bomb, and it shows that devs have confidence and pride in the product.

The initial cost could easily be 30E for a quality game and have two characters, because it is nice to have variety, any extra character are 15E. This shouldn't undermine the alignment system, or allow too many alt's, there always will be some abuse regardless of your system.

There should also be a "Lawless" area that is a PKers dream, no alignment modifier, kill of be killed, only the strong survive, because there are players who enjoy that aspect of the game. Any guilds in this area would be considered "at war with the world"
The area around this lawless area would be the dangerous "Frontier" land as it would be full of bandits, this would appeal to those who enjoy the constant danger but want to craft and build.
And finally you would have a "civilized" area where the alignment system is in full force with No Kill Bounties on negative aligned players.
You can choose to pay taxes and live in safety, choose to not pay taxes and live in the frontier, or be a bandit and live as such. This gives more options for players to play their way

If you made it that areas are considered lawless until a kingdom is established than traveling from kingdom to kingdom would be dangerous, making trade caravans hire guards, Kingdoms would have to patrol for safety, there would be conflict outside of wars, and PKers would have a legitimate place in the game as true bandits. Also since guilds in lawless areas would automatically be at war with the world you could defend yourself in such areas without penalty. Also you could "Exile" character from your Kingdom to the wilds as an in game punishment for crimes.

As for the monthly subs, I like the idea of a premium account that allows you to retain a title and collect taxes from the people under your protection. You would need a title to establish a Kingdom, or to become an Frontier Baron, of a Bandit Lord.

If your worried a Premium player abuses non-premium players, well that happened in history, that is what revolutions are for.

McKenna

Post by McKenna » 09 Oct 2014, 20:57

While I'm sure that I'm in the minority here, I would still like to bring forward the (obviously) overlooked option to not encourage multiple characters.

What exactly is the point of a skillcap when you can just switch characters to do what you wish to do?

How can you say (with a straight face) that your skillcap forces players to band together with others?

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 10 Oct 2014, 12:45

McKenna wrote:While I'm sure that I'm in the minority here, I would still like to bring forward the (obviously) overlooked option to not encourage multiple characters.

What exactly is the point of a skillcap when you can just switch characters to do what you wish to do?

How can you say (with a straight face) that your skillcap forces players to band together with others?

Because addtional characters cost additional money.

Synexpl0it

Post by Synexpl0it » 10 Oct 2014, 17:11

Don't find any issue with paying for characters, but as others have said, the price feels a little high. If you look at benchmarking against other MMO's and their success, you'll find a happy medium of $5 is pretty fair for an additional character slot. No issue with the first being $20 considering no cost for the game. It'll encourage people to spend when they normally wouldn't.

As an earlier poster said though, for early access purchasers, 2 tickets should be at least given. Those that have stuck with the game through development should receive more than just early access and a ticket. Plus, if the cost is $20 for the first slot in the future, that doesn't exactly benefit the earlier access person who has helped with bugs. They've just been screwed out of $10 for their loyalty.

Since I work in HR, I'll use the concept of EVP - Employee Value Proposition. The devs need to do something to create more value for existing people to keep them playing. The most reasonable is 2-3 characters or more "safe" land or something.

Point is, people buy early access to help support the development and to play early. In return, they help devs keep low costs on QA, give insight into demographics of the game and provide concepts that can make the game better. Cost savings alone from this exchange means more EVP to early access people.

Not sure I'm really seeing the EVP for me supporting the game early...

Astapor

Post by Astapor » 21 Oct 2014, 04:23

Siegbert wrote:Guys, you're talking about 2 different games here...

You're talking about LiF: Your Own which you paid for on Steam. There will be no additional costs.

This thread is about the MMO version which will be free2test but with costs per character.
As buyers of "Your Own" you won't have to bother about it as you'll get ingame currency to make 1 character playable without any further costs.
So, all is fine 8-)

indeed.

JonSnow

Post by JonSnow » 21 Oct 2014, 23:34

The first character should be free or very cheap because that is the game - someone like me has already spent $40 on this game just to get it - but to come on and realise you cant even play the game after you pay that much is ridiculous. Another $40 just to get to the mainland is stupid. I think you should either make the first character AT LEAST, be very cheap or completely free. 20 euro is a lot of money in AUD or USD just to play the game after you have already spent $40 on just getting the game in the first place. I can understand charging money for alternate characters but why charge money for the initial character? You are already making double what DayZ is making per buyer so why continue to keep unnecessarily taking money from your fans when all they want is to play the game...

JonSnow

Post by JonSnow » 21 Oct 2014, 23:36

Synexpl0it wrote:Don't find any issue with paying for characters, but as others have said, the price feels a little high. If you look at benchmarking against other MMO's and their success, you'll find a happy medium of $5 is pretty fair for an additional character slot. No issue with the first being $20 considering no cost for the game. It'll encourage people to spend when they normally wouldn't.

As an earlier poster said though, for early access purchasers, 2 tickets should be at least given. Those that have stuck with the game through development should receive more than just early access and a ticket. Plus, if the cost is $20 for the first slot in the future, that doesn't exactly benefit the earlier access person who has helped with bugs. They've just been screwed out of $10 for their loyalty.

Since I work in HR, I'll use the concept of EVP - Employee Value Proposition. The devs need to do something to create more value for existing people to keep them playing. The most reasonable is 2-3 characters or more "safe" land or something.

Point is, people buy early access to help support the development and to play early. In return, they help devs keep low costs on QA, give insight into demographics of the game and provide concepts that can make the game better. Cost savings alone from this exchange means more EVP to early access people.

Not sure I'm really seeing the EVP for me supporting the game early...

DUDE its not $20 its 20 euro which is like 40-50 dollars... :/

UserDaBest

Post by UserDaBest » 22 Oct 2014, 11:24

I'm paying 5-10 euros max.

JesseLee
Devoted Believer

Post by JesseLee » 25 Oct 2014, 00:47

JonSnow wrote:The first character should be free or very cheap because that is the game - someone like me has already spent $40 on this game just to get it - but to come on and realise you cant even play the game after you pay that much is ridiculous. Another $40 just to get to the mainland is stupid. I think you should either make the first character AT LEAST, be very cheap or completely free. 20 euro is a lot of money in AUD or USD just to play the game after you have already spent $40 on just getting the game in the first place. I can understand charging money for alternate characters but why charge money for the initial character? You are already making double what DayZ is making per buyer so why continue to keep unnecessarily taking money from your fans when all they want is to play the game...

Sorry this comes off as rude but...you should pay attention to things before you post. Everyone that has purchased the YO version (a second game with personal sandboxes not the MMO) is going to receive in-game currency that will pay for our first character. So you're not spending more money to play the MMO after you've spent $40 to get the game in the first place.

Secondly, to deal with PK'ers I noticed that someone else stated they should just have the same Family Name for all accounts. Why not scrap the whole idea of multiple accounts all together and have people stay with the same name the whole time and pay for different loadouts? So you could spec in to farming on one loadout and for example I will have farmer Jesse Lee, then for my second loadout my name will still be Jesse Lee but I will be a blacksmith. As people get to know names of PK'ers they will still recognize them but this will allow people who want to respec the option.

Really though, if I want to respec I'll just set skills to downgrade and put the points in to new things I want. If someone wants to be able to do all things then yeah they pay the 10 euro for extra spec loadouts. Hopefully that makes sense.

Edit: As a final note, for alignment across specs I would say either all specs keep same alignment on an account and it is their job to fix it, buy a whole new account, or you could make it so the alignment of the other specs on an account affect new accounts. For example;

Spec 1 on acct has -10 alignment, when the person creates a new character/specialization they will receive 30% of the previous accounts negative alignment and start off with -3 alignment. More accounts create more negative alignment.

If spec 1 has -30 alignment and spec 2 has -10 alignment, spec 3 would start off with -12 alignment. If that way works, then a character should never start with more than -49 alignment so that they always have a chance to raise their alignment again, but if someone has made so many accts that they total up to -49 alignment starting then they likely deserve that.

Ontrose
Devoted Believer

Post by Ontrose » 25 Oct 2014, 07:11

The flaw in that alignment system would be, that every troll would go for multiple accounts, to prevet the start with -49alignment.
It would only work, if you pay 20€ for first 10€ for the 2nd and 5€ fro every char following.
That would encourage ppl (at least a little) to keep one account.
But i dont like the all chars = same alignment system or that alignment drop on char creation, depending on your older chars.
Maybe, i lik to play one hardcore thief, whos robbing farmers, while starting later with 3 chars who arepart of a town.
So lets say i played 2 "robbers" with -100, then wanted to make an farmer, and he starts with -49.
While i travel to my destiny, i get attacked, have to defend myself, and voila, i hit him once and done is the -50.

And when i say robber, i mean it. I dont mean a random PVP guy, i mean a roleplaying robber. (and yes, there is a difference, even though the robbed once might not see it).

So i dont know why a new farmer should suffer from his robbing ancestors.

NewZealandisBett

Post by NewZealandisBett » 25 Oct 2014, 17:27

Howzit..

I think the charge principle for island continent transfer is a good deterrent for undesirables.. In saying that, we may unintentionally place restriction on some very decent players in less favourable economic circumstances or continents..

I personally am satisfied with the 20E charge, and dont think its unreasonable - at least not for my continent (Oceania) or other western areas..

Imagine the vacant housing and inactive structures all over the place though if we diddnt use a deterrent.. I would rather loose a good looking settlement area to an active player rather than a person who's onky played it once and never again ..

So yehh, I think its a good idea - could always remove it later if it backfires..

CirqueDuSolaire

Post by CirqueDuSolaire » 26 Oct 2014, 03:27

JonSnow wrote:DUDE its not $20 its 20 euro which is like 40-50 dollars... :/

In what, fucking, WORLD, is 20 Euros 40-50 bucks?!? The highest the Euro has ever been is 1.42 dollars per. Even then, that's only 28.4 bucks.

Potrais
Devoted Believer

Post by Potrais » 26 Oct 2014, 12:12

If i by the game then i expect one free slot. If i want to create an alt on that same account then should not have to pay, if i want to have two accounts then by all means charge them that is what EVE does. If you charge the game charge for housing then people can not afford to play your game you must set it up where people can pay to play by earning in game money. the larger MMOs, if you have a monthly fee/yearly fee to play that is one thing, but overcharging the player community will result in a short life span of this MMO. everything needs to be balance. the more content you put out for people to play even the littlest thins will result in more people donating money, do what start citizen did, sell items in advance that and for a limited time only and at a discount to current alpha players and then raise the price for launch. star citizen has made over 57 million dollars all doanted by players so it can be done.

Return to General Discussion