Exile Island [Server that will form a guild in the MMO]

For the sole purpose of guilds recruiting members.
Dresden_Vakri
Devoted Believer

Exile Island [Server that will form a guild in the MMO]

Post by Dresden_Vakri » 04 Oct 2014, 17:42

We are a US based server looking for members to join our server Exiled Island.

Our goal is to start building a guild community that can cross over into the MMO when it is launched.

Our ideal member would be someone that wants to push the limits of the game through planned events and interaction with others.

We have decreased the time it takes to perform many of the tedious gathering chores so that you can focus on building up your homestead/village and get into the action.

Feel free to visit our server website and ask any questions you have.

http://www.exileisland.com

Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/exileisland

Our Teamspeak info is also available there.
Last edited by Dresden_Vakri on 06 Oct 2014, 19:28, edited 2 times in total.

Dresden_Vakri
Devoted Believer

Re: Exiled Island [Server that will form a guild in the MMO]

Post by Dresden_Vakri » 06 Oct 2014, 19:24

So what exactly is our goal?
Why is this server any better than the others out there?
Why should you devote your time to this server?

All of those are great questions and I'll try to answer them below, but first let me thank you for taking the time to visit these forums. You are the rare breed that wants to know more than what button makes your character dance and I salute you.

I, like most of you, was unsure of this game when I saw the $40 price tag for an alpha pre-release game, but I took the risk and logged into this new land of super wolves and unimplemented skills, seeking adventure and a fix to my building/survival game addiction.

The first server I went to was fine for about a week before the memory leaks started crashing us every 30 minutes. The server admin convinced us that the only way around it was to leave all our hard work behind and start fresh on a new server he purchased. Reluctantly we followed with the hope of better days ahead and full of ideas how we would improve what we had before.

On the second day the server went down with no notice and never returned. All our work lost in the void... twice.

Well, not being one to give up so easily, I decided I would just open one. I've ran servers for Rust and 7 Days to Die, how difficult could it be? I even went all out and got this site, two 20 man TS servers, the .com domain! With new found enthusiasm, I dove head first into the database and started making minor tweaks to gathering speeds. Feeling proud of my ability to save others from hours of status bars foundling trees and punching the ground, I felt confident when a terrain glitch from tunneling arose, that I would be able to fix it.... I was wrong. While I did manage to get rid of the tunnels, I also managed to corrupt an entire zone of trees around the mountain, which compiled with a database that was out of date, caused an unavoidable need to wipe the server.... completely. We lost several good players from that error, but gained a lot of wisdom. mainly to leave the map files alone at all costs.

So, here we are, again. A new start and with the recent patches, hopefully a stable start. A lot of the changes I made to the gathering speeds have been carried over and are, to the best of my knowledge, stable. I have no further plans to edit any other aspects of the game at this time, beyond the simple edits to Skill Multipliers, Day Length, and Animal Count.

All that being said, let's get to those questions.

What is our goal on this server?

Well, that can be broken down into several smaller goals, but the main purpose is to form a community that will be able to bridge over into the MMO as on large guild at release.

Secondary goals include:

Starting factions and adding our own content to flush out the game.
Developing and economy that will allow trade between groups and become a faction ranking for wealth amassed.
Creating PvP tournaments that will grant fame and prestige rankings.
Forming a server council that will become the guild leadership in the MMO.

Why is this server any better than the others out there?

You the people! Seriously, so far we have been really lucky with the quality and maturity of people joining our server.

I'd like to claim that we have some super cool mega server that orders you pizza every time you log in, but it's just a normal server that we rent through Bluefang Hosting.

I can say that I am very dedicated to getting the most out of this game and that I will do whatever I can to make it the best LiF experience out there.

Why should you devote your time to this server?

Because I respect that time. I have caught some flak from a few people that the gathering speed is too fast and that I'm promoting and "Easy Mode" server. Frankly, I don't see the difference in outcome. Why would the game be better if gathering 100 plant fibers took you almost 17 minutes over 5 minutes? The only difference is that people with lives and responsibilities would fall behind those that had more game time. Yes, I know the MMO will be seriously hardcore compared to our settings, but right now we are learning the game and trying to have some fun. There are plenty of vanilla servers out there that you can spend days stroking trees or caressing grass on, here we're about getting to the pointy sticks and towers rising from the treeline!

In ending, I hope you have a great time playing on Exile Island and if you haven't joined us yet, consider this your private invitation.

Dresden Dantes (aka Steel Rat)
Server Admin of Exile Island.

Dresden_Vakri
Devoted Believer

Re: Exile Island [Server that will form a guild in the MMO]

Post by Dresden_Vakri » 08 Oct 2014, 16:13

Update:

We currently have 3 villages starting up.

Increased our numbers to about 15 active players.
We're looking to have between 30-35, so feel free to stop in and see if Exile Island suits your needs.

We look forward to meeting you.

Dresden_Vakri
Devoted Believer

Post by Dresden_Vakri » 09 Oct 2014, 21:07

It's Thursday, and we're looking forward to ramping up this weekend.

We could really use a few more people to join our growing villages, or to start their own.

Lot's of great places left to settle!

Come join us for a bit and see what you think.

Have any questions? Drop me a message and I'll be happy to answer them.

Negligent
Devoted Believer

Post by Negligent » 14 Oct 2014, 02:59

Hello Community,

Negligent here, Just wanted to make a couple comments on the server. I can certainly confirm that the people on this server are an older crowd. The people in my village are between the ages of 25 and 40. I don't think anyone is older or younger. The community overall is great, we have different people playing this game in different ways and taking the role play a little more serious than casual players. All the conflict I've seen so far in this game has been more friendly, No one has outright been PO'd at another village of players.
The admin is a cool guy. He's an encyclopedia about these game and is constantly helping new players. We do have a server Teamspeak as stated, so if you do connect and say something in global, give us some time to respond, we don't always read global chat.

Now I'd like to take this opportunity to "Pimp my Village". My village is in the south. People in this community are age 25-40, Not that we discriminate against other player ages, we merely tend to attract a more mature crowd. We are currently 5 guys strong that play daily. We are also coordinating skills and working an enormous village project. Our experience ranges from the games release, to people that have just started playing the game. We openly welcome any community member that's all about learning the game and doing what's best for the village. Teamspeak is required to a be a part of our village. Not that we are elitest, but we are more content with a small group with great communication as opposed to having 20 people building whatever they want wherever they want.

joinToRemoteServer("69.162.76.186:26795","")

Copy paste that in your command console to Directly connect to this server. If you wish to contact me or a member of this village please just ask for someone from "Timesink Bro-ski" villages. I'm sure one of us will respond.

Return to Guild Recruitment