set period

Discussion of the game lore and medieval ages.

Moderator: Lore Masters

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

set period

Post by Siegbert » 05 Mar 2014, 09:17

I just discovered a couple of character faces with armor in your press kit (nice work overall! Kudos to your modelers)

Interesting that all of them seem to be female, also the very bottom right one looks Asian (Chinese?)

Which brings me to the question where and when the game is to be set specifically?

Most of the armor looks late medieval (2nd one would be post 1500, I think which makes it more Renaissance than Middle Ages).
We have different European styles and apparently a few Eastern ones.

Are you planning to expand the period and regions even more?
I personally prefer high medieval gear (1000-1300 AD approx.) with Norman style nasal helmets, chainmail and surcoat. Will it be included?

Any chance of Near East/islamic gear?

Btw: the faces look pretty well rounded. Are these actual ingame models?

Billus

Re: set period

Post by Billus » 11 Mar 2014, 08:17

Sorry friend, but the ingame modeling is not really my area of expertise. I would try a different forum to get specific answers on things of that nature.

I can tell you from a lore perspective we will be more taking more of a high middle ages approach.

Daniloy

Post by Daniloy » 22 Aug 2014, 23:09

From what I they mixed several centuries.First two armors in the left top row are 15 century armor due to advanced plate and the use of a armet.

The next one is a simple bascinet helmet which was used in the 13 to the beginning of to the 14th century usually there were bound to chain mail and not padded cloth.

The next one is lamellar armor seems like 13/14 century russian
armor with strong asian influence.

First one, left bottom row is a simple chain mail and a mail coif with cloth underneath which was used in the end of the 11 century up to the mid 13 century.

Iam not sure about the next one it looks like leather cuirass
with lamellar plates and reinforced leather helmet. I would guess asiatic.

This one is more advanced bascinet used in the mid 14 century up to the mid 15 century. This one is bound to chainmail and uses a visor.

The last one in the bottom row seems to be mongo noble armor.
Due to its face plate,its lammelar plates and shape of the helmet.

According to armor its set from late 11 century up to the late 15 century.

Nestlebar

Post by Nestlebar » 06 Oct 2014, 21:38

I have the feeling they are using armor up till late 15th, and I feel this does not really matter since they are leaving out guns and gunpowder all together.

Fabio

Post by Fabio » 09 Oct 2014, 09:41

Life is Feudal! And i guess the game should be, so...

Wikipedia wrote:Feudalism is a grouping of legal and military customs, prevalent in medieval Europe, which flourished between the 9th and 15th centuries

...i expect to find equipments from 9th to 15th century mainly located in Europe!

VindicteMortis
True Believer

Post by VindicteMortis » 14 Oct 2014, 16:37

The scale line certainly has a slavic theme too it

JonSnow

Post by JonSnow » 14 Oct 2014, 22:38

Fabio as they said they are goog for late feudal stages. Just because the feudal age was between 900-1500 doesn't mean it will haw everything from those years. It just means the game is set some time in that period. Also by the looks of it try are going for a ficinnal based game seeing as though they have there own very big/large scale map which includes snow areas up north and desert down South and you can guess what's in between. This means that they can have all these types of armour in the one place

Return to Lore Section